InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

What about some lady bugs! I've considered some. Just notnsure the wife would go for it ...

What about some lady bugs! I've considered some. Just not sure the wife would go for it

Lady bugs work great in a tent (or bathroom), though you would probably lose a few every time you went in or out. Your daughter will eventually find that really cool. Your wife...not so much!

Tried that once outside, they were all gone within 24 hours :-(

Of course I'm not sure I had this much for them to eat last time! I wonder what would happen if I released them in the shed...

Thanks Felipe! This is my third outdoor/indoor grow so I'm accustomed to seeing the bottom of leaves that look like an insect farm. Not happy about it, but you don't hang out in Minnesota expecting not to get 60 mosquito bites. Welcome to my backyard :).

By the way, you've seen my "indoor" grow area, yes?

20170621_213948.jpg

Upgraded to this:

20171216_123747.jpg

You're not getting that bug-free!

I was thinking about taking out my big bomb and OGC and Mylar my closet in room for flowering will give me unlimited hieght unlike my 12 inches I have available in my small veg tent . I can keep flowering temps way more stable I think . Will see to be thought more .

Can't wait to see what you do indoor shed

Bye bye outdoor lol

Lady bugs work great in a tent (or bathroom), though you would probably lose a few every time you went in or out. Your daughter will eventually find that really cool. Your wife...not so much!

Tried that once outside, they were all gone within 24 hours :-(

Of course I'm not sure I had this much for them to eat last time! I wonder what would happen if I released them in the shed...

The trick is to ensure they have enough to eat and a safe place to get water. I use a plastic container that has a large hole in the lid. I put the packing stuff that the lady bugs come with and mix some bark, straw, and shredded newspaper with it and put it in the container when I let them out. I also put a small fine sponge in there and keep it soaked daily. I also use raisins as food and place it in the container. Naturally, you need to change out the food regularly. That way they have food and water, if you don't have any nasty bugs. It can also serve as a place to breed, but I haven't had success with that yet. This method gives me about 2 grows before I need to purchase more lady bugs. I'm lucky because they can travel between my veg and flower rooms freely. I keep the container in the veg. The problem is, they die in bunches. I keep a vacuum handy.

F3F3355C-ED1E-4027-B7A7-E835F4F5597B.jpeg

Can’t wait to see what you do indoor shed. Bye bye outdoor lol

Oh no Joe! No way am I turning into an indoor grower. All my grows are outdoors during the day and indoors at night under the MarsHydro 300. Maximum light, maximum bugs...that's my motto :).

The trick is to ensure they have enough to eat and a safe place to get water. I use a plastic container that has a large hole in the lid. I put the packing stuff that the lady bugs come with and mix some bark, straw, and shredded newspaper with it and put it in the container when I let them out. I also put a small fine sponge in there and keep it soaked daily. I also use raisins as food and place it in the container. Naturally, you need to change out the food regularly. That way they have food and water, if you don’t have any nasty bugs. It can also serve as a place to breed, but I haven’t had success with that yet. This method gives me about 2 grows before I need to purchase more lady bugs. I’m lucky because they can travel between my veg and flower rooms freely. I keep the container in the veg. The problem is, they die in bunches. I keep a vacuum handy.

Most excellent advice Grandpa! I have to see if they have any this time of year at the garden center near me and I can let them live in the shed with everything else in there. Do they eat at night (though with the lights on)? That's the only time the plants are in the shed.

get the larvae they wont fly off and its them that are the most ferocious

I've never seen Ladybug larvae for sale. Is that an online thing? Do they eat at night?

Great advice...:thanks:

Wednesday update in the sun :).

First off I want to thank everyone for pitching in with bug advice! I will start looking into the feeding times of ladybugs as well as their larvae. In the meantime, there's only one bug left on Sour G (which I will take off with scotch tape tonight):

20180124_082314.jpg

20180124_082159.jpg

And wait! Is this a root I see before me?????

20180124_082713.jpg

Good thing I didn't take any more than an inch of dirt out of the bottom yesterday or I might have taken out some roots as well. I'm glad I did the holes and screens...thanks for the idea Flytie!

Not to neglect the clones, here is Gold Leaf, putting out new growth and happy as a pig in guano:

20180124_082351.jpg

And here is AK-47. The K deficiency seems to be slowing down greatly and I watered again this morning with the GrowBig and OpenSesame. I'll up the GrowBig next water and skip the OpenSesame as I don't want to create an abundance of P while trying to fix the deficiency in K!

20180124_082422.jpg

Time for a haircut again? Maybe just thin the middle?

Have a great and bug-free day :).

Wednesday update in the sun :).

First off I want to thank everyone for pitching in with bug advice! I will start looking into the feeding times of ladybugs as well as their larvae. In the meantime, there's only one bug left on Sour G (which I will take off with scotch tape tonight):

20180124_082314.jpg

20180124_082159.jpg

And wait! Is this a root I see before me?????

20180124_082713.jpg

Good thing I didn't take any more than an inch of dirt out of the bottom yesterday or I might have taken out some roots as well. I'm glad I did the holes and screens...thanks for the idea Flytie!

Not to neglect the clones, here is Gold Leaf, putting out new growth and happy as a pig in guano:

20180124_082351.jpg

And here is AK-47. The K deficiency seems to be slowing down greatly and I watered again this morning with the GrowBig and OpenSesame. I'll up the GrowBig next water and skip the OpenSesame as I don't want to create an abundance of P while trying to fix the deficiency in K!

20180124_082422.jpg

Time for a haircut again? Maybe just thin the middle?

Have a great and bug-free day :).

Hey bro. I see 6 mites on the sour g on the cotyledon get em!

Looking good Shed!

Could use a haircut, could also wait if your lazy .

I love letting my plants bush out and then doing a nice big trim hehe

Gold leaf is looking happy too!

Good stuff man! . . . . .

Hey bro. I see 6 mites on the sour g on the cotyledon get em!

Thanks! I noticed them when I went back and looked at the pic ("what's up with those little black specks...?"). Will slaughter tonight! And thanks for counting them so I'll know I got them all :)

Looking good Shed!
Could use a haircut, could also wait if your lazy .
I love letting my plants bush out and then doing a nice big trim hehe
Gold leaf is looking happy too!
Good stuff man!

More busy than lazy! I won't have time to trim until the weekend anyway, and I'm just thinking defol at this point so I can see what's going on with actual growth.

Yea man uncover those bud sites n lettem roar!

Trimming can wait lol . .

You guys see bugs, but it looks to me as if someone’s been jacking off on those little girls... just sayin. Trust me, that’s not how to make seeds. :tokin:

*I apologize, in advance, for my dirty mind. Reminds me of a song, “she wore a pearl necklace...”

get the larvae they wont fly off and its them that are the most ferocious

Now there some info worth some gold! You are on it Pt! Thanks for the info! I am also going to try your idea Grandpa!

Back
Top Bottom