InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Great luck with the TCK ladies, Shed!
I got 3 out of 3 once, but all 3 were males..

Great luck with the TCK ladies, Shed!
I got 3 out of 3 once, but all 3 were males..
LOL! Thanks Carcass.
The chances of 3 females is 12.5%. So that's pretty decent odds. In 10 groups of 3 seeds this should happen to one set of three.
I checked with Google because stats is not my thing, and the probability of three coin flips turning up heads three times in a row is 0.13, which makes this even more unique! Unless they were fems of course. :)

LOL! Thanks Carcass.

I checked with Google because stats is not my thing, and the probability of three coin flips turning up heads three times in a row is 0.13, which makes this even more unique! Unless they were fems of course. :)
Its actually what i said, they rounded up. .13 is 13 percent.
1617998356079.png

I guess I should say I checked with google too. Been a long time since I did combinatorics.

You're asking me? You're the label reader!
OK, OK. You don’t have to be so bossy! Looks like your N&P are mostly insoluble. The K is mostly soluble. Mg is soluble. Not really sure where the Ca is from or in what form. Carry on.

OK, OK. You don’t have to be so bossy! Looks like your N&P are mostly insoluble. The K is mostly soluble. Mg is soluble. Not really sure where the Ca is from or in what form. Carry on.
LOL! :thanks: Looks like I will need to feed it with my regular nutes for another week until the GF has a chance to work its magic.

I'll mix in GF and Dynomyco and wet it this weekend in preparation for the TCK1 transplant. I appreciate the help BigD!

I have some yellowing too and am thinking it’s N deficiency, I added 1-0-0 CalMag to the next watering. I want to get ahead of it if I can, hoping someone can pinpoint this before it becomes an epidemic among all these new GF users.
I'm on my 4th grow with GF. I love it and have had fantastic results. One thing i noticed it if I wait too long to water, the plants suck the nutrition out of the larger fan leaves. I have noticed this more in the flowering stage. But I try not to let them get too dry before watering. Anyone else seeing this??

I'll mix in GF and Dynomyco
GeoFlora I am assuming? Dynomyco is one I have been looking at for quite awhile but the Recharge I currently use has not let me down one time in a year! What are you thoughts on the Dynomyco product?

You’re welcome Shed. So, I’m guessing you’re gonna transplant into a 7 gallon pot? Are you going mix in both Veg and Bloom? Decisions decisions. :hmmmm:
Yes on the 7 gallons and no on the Bloom. It's going to be some time before I flip this and I'll probably top dress with the Bloom a week before I flip, to give it a chance to start working down under before the plant needs it. They can't expect us to be moving into new soil just before flip, can they?
I'm on my 4th grow with GF. I love it and have had fantastic results. One thing i noticed it if I wait too long to water, the plants suck the nutrition out of the larger fan leaves. I have noticed this more in the flowering stage. But I try not to let them get too dry before watering. Anyone else seeing this??
Great news UG! I have read that it's best not to let the GF dry out like we do with synthetic nutes, so your experience confirms that. :thanks:
GeoFlora I am assuming? Dynomyco is one I have been looking at for quite awhile but the Recharge I currently use has not let me down one time in a year! What are you thoughts on the Dynomyco product?
Yes, GF is GeoFlora (rather than girlfriend :)). And Dynomyco seems like a good mycorrhizae product as well as being a sponsor, and I found out it plays well with peat, so I'm including it from now on.

Late Saturday night update! It was transplant day for the Tin Can Kush 1 on day 57. It was drying out quickly and due for watering, so it seemed like a good day to get it done.

Here it was:

And the roots:

I didn't see much browning, so the black pot in the tan pot worked to keep the roots cool in the sun.

I started by blending the soil with a bunch of additives:

The @GeoFlora Nutrients chart says 7 gallons gets 5 ounces in a measuring cup, so I went with 7. The @DYNOMYCO says 1 Tbs/3 gallons, so I went with 3 Tbs. And I have no idea if Soil Alive Activator works with peat, but I added some anyway. It takes very little so that's how much I added.

[Interesting thing I noticed on the Dynomyco bag: the back says "Minimize the use of starter phosphorus fertilizer to enhance mycorrhizal symbiosis." That ties in directly with what my contact at ProMix said about using low P fertilizer. It's nice to get information confirmed from different sources.]

I blended it all together, and did the inverse sand castle:

And dropped in the plant:

I watered it with 2 gallons of tap water with about 0.5g/gallon of Blue Planet Calmag Pro for a nitrogen boost.

Then I took the last of my ProMix HP, blended in Dynomyco, and got a pot ready to transplant the Red Dragon, probably next weekend (it will be on synthetic nutes). I didn't have quite enough ProMix to fill it, so I reused some from the Durban Poison pot for the top 3" or so:

I covered it to keep the bugs out and left it up the side of the house:

I handed off TCK2 to a friend tonight and hope it doesn't mind the outside chill, and that the lack of light at night doesn't send it into early flower. I kept TCK3 for now because BigD roots for the underdog. :)

That was my day (along with a nap in the sun).

I hope you all had a great Saturday, and that Sunday is even better!

Stay safe. :Namaste:

Hey Shed,
Loving this grow... soft spot for the TCK.
A couple of months back there was a detailed discussion on this thread about oils. I took notes but I want to clarify. Would this be correct? 1) crush raw weed finely 2) fill jar with weed 3) cover weed with coconut oil 4) shake and place in oven for 8 hours at 178 degrees F, shaking periodically 5) remove from oven and cool 6) repeat steps 4 and 5 two more times 7) filter and squeeze 8) store in fridge.

Hey, Shed! :ciao:

I like your idea of top-dressing with GF Bloom a week before you flip a plant!

I was surprised that you didn't amend the new dirt with GF prior to -up-potting the TCK1. I'm sure you had your reason.

Have a great weekend.

Late Saturday night update! It was transplant day for the Tin Can Kush 1 on day 57. It was drying out quickly and due for watering, so it seemed like a good day to get it done.

Here it was:

And the roots:

I didn't see much browning, so the black pot in the tan pot worked to keep the roots cool in the sun.

I started by blending the soil with a bunch of additives:

The @GeoFlora Nutrients chart says 7 gallons gets 5 ounces in a measuring cup, so I went with 7. The @DYNOMYCO says 1 Tbs/3 gallons, so I went with 3 Tbs. And I have no idea if Soil Alive Activator works with peat, but I added some anyway. It takes very little so that's how much I added.

[Interesting thing I noticed on the Dynomyco bag: the back says "Minimize the use of starter phosphorus fertilizer to enhance mycorrhizal symbiosis." That ties in directly with what my contact at ProMix said about using low P fertilizer. It's nice to get information confirmed from different sources.]

I blended it all together, and did the inverse sand castle:

And dropped in the plant:

I watered it with 2 gallons of tap water with about 0.5g/gallon of Blue Planet Calmag Pro for a nitrogen boost.

Then I took the last of my ProMix HP, blended in Dynomyco, and got a pot ready to transplant the Red Dragon, probably next weekend (it will be on synthetic nutes). I didn't have quite enough ProMix to fill it, so I reused some from the Durban Poison pot for the top 3" or so:

I covered it to keep the bugs out and left it up the side of the house:

I handed off TCK2 to a friend tonight and hope it doesn't mind the outside chill, and that the lack of light at night doesn't send it into early flower. I kept TCK3 for now because BigD roots for the underdog. :)

That was my day (along with a nap in the sun).

I hope you all had a great Saturday, and that Sunday is even better!

Stay safe. :Namaste:
Looks beautiful!

Love the DYNOMYCO in the mix and those roots are already looking power - just imagine how they will come out at the end. Well spotted about minimizing the use of starter phosphorus to enhance mycorrhizal inoculation of your plant's roots.

Can't wait to see what happens

Happy Growing @InTheShed :peace:

Nice journey today! She's happy with her new shoes!
Thanks Otter!
Hey Shed,
Loving this grow... soft spot for the TCK.
A couple of months back there was a detailed discussion on this thread about oils. I took notes but I want to clarify. Would this be correct? 1) crush raw weed finely 2) fill jar with weed 3) cover weed with coconut oil 4) shake and place in oven for 8 hours at 178 degrees F, shaking periodically 5) remove from oven and cool 6) repeat steps 4 and 5 two more times 7) filter and squeeze 8) store in fridge.
It's looking pretty happy for now, thanks Carmen!

Your takeaway from the oil discussion is pretty much spot on. A Magical Butter machine runs at 160ºF but my oven starts at 170º, so that's where I run mine when I do oven infusions.

The only caveat is that coconut oil is best for getting high and olive oil is bests for medical uses.
Hey, Shed!
I like your idea of top-dressing with GF Bloom a week before you flip a plant!
I was surprised that you didn't amend the new dirt with GF prior to -up-potting the TCK1. I'm sure you had your reason.
Have a great weekend.
Thanks GDB!

Do you mean why I didn't amend the TCK1 before I went into the 1 gallon pot to begin with? I didn't know which plant I was going to use the GF on back then, and I ended up going with TCK2.

Or do you mean why I didn't amend the TCK1 with GF this time? I did!
Looks beautiful!
Love the DYNOMYCO in the mix and those roots are already looking power - just imagine how they will come out at the end. Well spotted about minimizing the use of starter phosphorus to enhance mycorrhizal inoculation of your plant's roots.
Can't wait to see what happens
Happy Growing @InTheShed :peace:
Thanks! Looking forward to a healthy set of roots. :)
Heard the same thing in the podcast I was listening to.
Thanks Reave (for this and the transcript)! Funny that once you start researching something it begins to show up everywhere. :nerd-with-glasses:

Back
Top Bottom