InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I thought you had till midnight on the 15th...I should probably actually read those rules sometime... :oops:
Where's that "oops" emoji when you need it!

Hey Charlie and :welcome: to my perpetual journal! That's a well-used grinder you have there. Have you soaked the blades and top in rubbing alcohol to clean it up? Whenever mine get like that they come out brand new after a good soaking. Wish I could say the same for me. :)

Har! I'm going with "no." As James Corden says to Reggie Watts every night: Is that correct?
Hey shed, thanks. I usually just put it in the dishwasher. I haven’t in a while though. Thanks for the suggestion. She still works perfectly for now.

Haha sorry Krissi. My bed was calling me. You are unforgettable.
Definitely my next grinder!
That makes my morning! Thanks Charlie! Hi everyone! Ready for Sheds words of the wise today!?

Thank you for that VG (I know it wasn't directed at me, but it wasn't something I hadn't considered). That fits perfectly with some current (grow tent), and future needs (chicken coop).
Ace hardware, $25 on sale. I’ve had it for awhile now and it works great.

5BDB42F5-59CB-4BC7-A046-78A14060AD89.jpeg

5BDB42F5-59CB-4BC7-A046-78A14060AD89.jpeg
Had two of those- the thermostat on one almost caused a fire.

The chicken coop heaters makes perfect sense for my situation, as I'll be building a grow room (or two ;) ), so for the tent I'm just looking at a temporary solution.
And we are hoping to setup a chicken coop next year- after we change our zoning to allow it...somehow I think that's going to be a battle on its own, and an expensive one.

TRICHOME FRIDAY! Greetings all and get ready for a steady stream of more macro pics than you wanted of the three plants I have in flower. I've labeled each one rather than just the top of each group, Justin Case you get lost.

Remember, I'm looking at cloudy and clear and doing my damnedest to ignore the amber. You should too!

Let's start with the Chiquita Banana from @Weed Seeds Express on flip day 54:

CB:

CB:

CB:

CB:

CB:

CB:

On to the Sour G, also on flip day 54:

Sour G:

Sour G:

Sour G:

Sour G:

Sour G:

Sour G:

Sour G:

Sour G:

And last up is the seedless Candida on flip day 66:

I have to say I'm tempted to let them all go another week! What do you think?

Happy Friday all and thanks for stopping by! :ciao:

CB 80-90% cloudy ,SG quite a bit clear & Candida has so much color hard to look at the trichs , photo of the month . Sure was hard to ignore all that amber though.

I'd let them go another week... if you don't want to have to trim 3 in a row next week, you could get the jump on things by harvesting the CB a few days earlier than the others..although, I doubt that a Tuesday or Wednesday harvest will fit into your work schedule...

Why are you ignoring the amber trichomes? Is it because you're just looking to make sure there are no clear trichomes?

I thought you had till midnight on the 15th...I should probably actually read those rules sometime... :oops:
Where's that "oops" emoji when you need it!
Looks like you found it just fine!
Hey shed, thanks. I usually just put it in the dishwasher. I haven’t in a while though. Thanks for the suggestion. She still works perfectly for now.
Sometimes they are really hard to turn from all the resin, so a bath in 91% iso makes them good as new.
Hi everyone! Ready for Sheds words of the wise today!?
So much pressure!
Beautiful fall colors! Kinda reminds me of your Red Dragon.
Thanks BL! It's like this one is the RD on steroids. :)
Barely...
Sour G may be existing for another week by the looks of it. :thumb:
What a delightful sight! I keep saying Chiquita Banana in different voices. She's beautiful.
I keep singing the commercial.
Thanks Fudo! I'd need something smaller but that would be the shape.
Had two of those- the thermostat on one almost caused a fire.
The chicken coop heaters makes perfect sense for my situation, as I'll be building a grow room (or two), so for the tent I'm just looking at a temporary solution. And we are hoping to setup a chicken coop next year- after we change our zoning to allow it...somehow I think that's going to be a battle on its own, and an expensive one.
Oof! Do those coop heaters heat the space or just the chickens standing in it line of sight? I thought radiant heaters only heat objects in front of them, so if there's a chicken between you and the panel, it's the one getting warm and not you. I need the air in the shed warmed rather than one side of the pots.
omg Shed I feel quite faint after that hahaha
Is that a teensy spider on the Sour G?
Tripping through the trichomes...
Take deep breaths!

I think that's a tiny bit of plant matter in the shape of a starfish or something, hanging on a spiderweb.
CB 80-90% cloudy ,SG quite a bit clear & Candida has so much color hard to look at the trichs , photo of the month . Sure was hard to ignore all that amber though.
Thanks WH! I'm with you but also with Carcass ↓ on when to harvest them, though the thought of taking them both down the same weekend gives me flashbacks to 2019 when I harvested 9 big plants between August and September.
I'd let them go another week... if you don't want to have to trim 3 in a row next week, you could get the jump on things by harvesting the CB a few days earlier than the others..although, I doubt that a Tuesday or Wednesday harvest will fit into your work schedule...
I'd rather not take them down consecutively and I definitely don't have time to take one down during the week. Though I do kinda like the idea of letting the CB have another week. :hmmmm:

I'm very conflicted. I really don't have much to do on weekends anymore, so I really could take them down on a Saturday and Sunday. And the Candida will take about an extra 10 minutes so I'm not including that in the calculation. :) Maybe I will wait a week...
CB - I’d hit it
SG - another week
Candida - meh - no THC, but it looks pretty ready
And now a word from our friend in Portugal...thanks Felipe!

I just had a thought about the Sour G: what if there's not enough life left in it to ripen further, and this is the best it can do? Like they feel like they've already been chopped?
Why are you ignoring the amber trichomes? Is it because you're just looking to make sure there are no clear trichomes?
I feel like you know the answer to that question based on your post and my reply here!

But for those of you who don't like clicking away from my journal, here is the thought process:

Some of us outside growers are finding that amber may not be the best gauge of when to harvest outside.

@Amy Gardner always told me that outside amber isn't like tent amber because of the impact of the sun on trichomes, and BeezLuiz discovered that harvesting based on the standard tent-based reading of amber left him with very low THC numbers and zero CBN. Here are his tests results.

So we are harvesting later than we have in the past to see how that goes. I've taken to letting the plant tell me when it's done, including when the smell changes and it starts drinking much more slowly, in addition to the number of cloudy/clear trichomes, rather than waiting for a certain percentage of amber.

Take up throwing pottery again? You still have a wheel, don't you?
I still have it all, as well as two kiln-loads already bisqued to glaze and fire, dating back over four years. I no longer have room with all the cannabis stuff piled in the garage, and the glazes are in the far end of the shed! Anyway, pottery can (obviously) wait. The plants can't!

If I ever retire I plan on getting back to it though. I'll send you something.
Do what about what?

Back
Top Bottom