InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I can’t go back out , haven’t been able to get blood oxygen above 90 . The Guys have Mama Candy so clones are down the road . I’d put the pic in when I got home but I can tell it’s me so you can see what the inside of my lungs look like. Horrible. I get caught back up at home and the form I’ll get a grow going .
You best take care of yourself and let the folks with better lungs go out and deal with the smoke! You're way too valuable here (and at home I guess ;) ) to be inhaling that shit.

Mini Wednesday update (it's the update that's mini as Wednesday never changes in size...okay fine: Wednesday mini-update, the one where I top-water the yellowing 5 Killer Cookies on flip day 33. These pics are the "before," and I'll try to get the same angles at the same time of day this weekend for comparison's sake.

Front view:

Rear:

I gave it a gallon over the course of about 2 minutes, waiting for the water to soak in each time before giving it more. Then I waited about 5 minutes and started with the second gallon. It took about 2/3 of that before I got runoff from the overflow hole:

We'll see.

Thanks for hanging around!

Quote:
I do not know you, but I am with Shed. 🍋
West Hippie is a great person and a crazy-good hydro grower who is terrific at helping other folks on the site. Even if you never had any interest in DWC growing (deep water culture), you should follow his next journey just to admire the plants as he works his magic!

Mini Wednesday update (it's the update that's mini as Wednesday never changes in size...okay fine: Wednesday mini-update, the one where I top-water the yellowing 5 Killer Cookies on flip day 33. These pics are the "before," and I'll try to get the same angles at the same time of day this weekend for comparison's sake.

Front view:

Rear:

I gave it a gallon over the course of about 2 minutes, waiting for the water to soak in each time before giving it more. Then I waited about 5 minutes and started with the second gallon. It took about 2/3 of that before I got runoff from the overflow hole:

We'll see.

Quote:

West Hippie is a great person and a crazy-good hydro grower who is terrific at helping other folks on the site. Even if you never had any interest in DWC growing (deep water culture), you should follow his next journey just to admire the plants as he works his magic!
It certainly sounds like that's a LOT of dry soil to start off with 😮 Holding thumbs now that the feeder roots get busy clearing it.

Front view:

Rear:

We'll see.

Quote:

Please hook me up when he starts his journal. :thumb: 🍋

Front view:

Rear:

We'll see.

Quote:

Larry Bird Day 33! Nice budding up!

Front view:

Rear:

We'll see.

Quote:

Hi @InTheShed - hey, as you know I’m a total noob when it comes to this style, not yet in the club. But I was wondering (and if this is totally dumb I apologize, it honestly might be, lol)…is there the slightest chance that in the daily hours the buckets are outside, they get hot? Like maybe hot enough to turn some leaves yellow?

It certainly sounds like that's a LOT of dry soil to start off with Holding thumbs now that the feeder roots get busy clearing it.
Thanks Carmen. The top of the soil was dry so I added another 1/3 gallon to the top in addition to the almost-gallon to the res per usual. We'll see!
Please hook me up when he starts his journal. 🍋
Will do Keith! Might want to sub here in the meantime in case he drops a link in it to the next journal when he starts.
Larry Bird Day 33! Nice budding up!
Thanks Otter! Is that a Boston basketball player? Sounds vaguely familiar. ;)
Mr Shed.
You must be ripped to shiz from carrying those big girls out and in every day.
Im itching for spring to roll up again.
LOL yeah, totally shredded from four 35lb dead-lifts/day. :thumb:

Can't wait to see what's gonna be shaking at your new place this spring!
Hi @InTheShed - hey, as you know I’m a total noob when it comes to this style, not yet in the club. But I was wondering (and if this is totally dumb I apologize, it honestly might be, lol)…is there the slightest chance that in the daily hours the buckets are outside, they get hot? Like maybe hot enough to turn some leaves yellow?
Great minds think alike Jon! I mentioned the hot res when I was talking about this plant in the SWICK thread:
more nitrogen (that I can do), cooler water in the res (nothing I can do there), or maybe water to the feeder roots in the soil?
I wrapped the res in that insulating bubble wrap I use for the Oval of Brightness® in the shed to see if that makes any difference. I don't think there are any living roots in the soil but time will tell on that. I'm sure the soil gets hot but the outside of the cloth pots get pretty hot as well so who knows.

Pretty sure I’m going to wrap my new outdoor SIP in silver insulation. Read something unrelated to growing about the temperatures liquids can get to in sealed containers left in the sun - I can’t remember what it was about now. 50c or something and that was in a temperate climate. A lid made out of the container lid as well.

Literally nute burn because it comes into the plant too hot? Guess ai’ll be looking at ingestion temperatures for plants or something shortly.

I suppose ice is an option - I wonder how nutes would take to being run through an ice machine?

Yeah, you probably should have attached it to the pot before up-potting.

To each his own. Some guys like @bluter use simple tomato cages, Shed an industrial hand truck. :laughtwo:
I’ll need a pallet truck - that’s not the stupidest idea! I have a spare pallet too. 😅

Nick

I can’t go back out , haven’t been able to get blood oxygen above 90 . The Guys have Mama Candy so clones are down the road . I’d put the pic in when I got home but I can tell it’s me so you can see what the inside of my lungs look like. Horrible. I get caught back up at home and the form I’ll get a grow going .
If you're suffering from the Canadian fires, well, I apologize on behalf of my countrymen. Most of us are sick over something happening in our country that's hurting people in another. Mortified. We're doing our best out there, but the times they are a changin'. We're terribly, terribly sorry and extremely grateful for the US crews that have been helping us out. I used to be a smoke-eater for two seasons, it's the real deal. We've always deployed to US trouble spots for support and Americans have always done the same. Our countries comprise a family dynamic in amazing ways. Now, we just need to rebuild our military forces from scratch. Hopefully the Conservatives have the stones to run with that in their next platform. I usually vote Liberal (centre-left) but I'm so concerned about our armed forces that I'd vote Conservative (centre-right) for the first time based on that commitment.

Starting to think seriously about selling out, buying a 60ft. world cruiser sailboat, and fucking off. It's my element and the oceans have extremely low population densities - offering excellent personal security. I know how to look after myself in that world, but this one not so much. The thought of society getting worse greatly troubles me as the state it is in currently is already unsustainable in very real ways, very soon to be painfully felt.

Awesome plants, Shed. SIPs all good still after the one transplant or no?

If you're suffering from the Canadian fires, well, I apologize on behalf of my countrymen. Most of us are sick over something happening in our country that's hurting people in another. Mortified. We're doing our best out there, but the times they are a changin'. We're terribly, terribly sorry and extremely grateful for the US crews that have been helping us out. I used to be a smoke-eater for two seasons, it's the real deal. We've always deployed to US trouble spots for support and Americans have always done the same. Our countries comprise a family dynamic in amazing ways. Now, we just need to rebuild our military forces from scratch. Hopefully the Conservatives have the stones to run with that in their next platform. I usually vote Liberal (centre-left) but I'm so concerned about our armed forces that I'd vote Conservative (centre-right) for the first time based on that commitment.

Starting to think seriously about selling out, buying a 60ft. world cruiser sailboat, and fucking off. It's my element and the oceans have extremely low population densities - offering excellent personal security. I know how to look after myself in that world, but this one not so much. The thought of society getting worse greatly troubles me as the state it is in currently is already unsustainable in very real ways, very soon to be painfully felt.

I feel you RD. I have a friend who has done just that! After Covid she was an emotional wreck. She met a sailor man and now they live on the ocean sailing around Africa mainly, and going ashore when they feel like it, mainly to pubs to sample the local hops sandwiches 🍺and relatively relaxed vibes compared with home.

No it’s Texas fires we are spread out all the way to Quebec. We do not mind helping as I’m old (copd) ,but I was raised to never back down from helping our fellow people no matter where you live .
And thank you for your help when we need it .

Saturday and it's too hot (for me but maybe not for you, or maybe it's even hotter where you are but not too hot for you, or maybe it's cooler but still too hot for you) to do much outside mid-day, so here are some pics of the 5 Killer Cookies.

After wrapping the res in insulation and top feeding (which doesn't seem to be taken up by any roots) this is the plant today vs. Wednesday:

So I removed most of the yellow:

Here is the reference pic after the dead and dying fans were stripped:

I watered it with a new blend that's 172-35-188 with Ca: 104, Mg: 73, and S: 37. I made this with just three ingredients: vinegar, peppers, and salt MC, magnesium nitrate, and Blue Planet Calmag (8-0-0). For reference, PB recommends 131ppm of N, and my last batch was 161ppm N with PB + added nitrogen.

My goal is to see how much nitrogen it will take to get the leaves to change color. We'll see!

SIPs all good still after the one transplant or no?
As long you're asking, here is Grandpa's Moonshine doing alright on flip day 5, and about a month after replant from SIP to cloth bag:

I hope your weekend is going well and you're staying cool (or warm for those whose toilet water flows the other way). ☀️

Quotes:
Pretty sure I’m going to wrap my new outdoor SIP in silver insulation. Read something unrelated to growing about the temperatures liquids can get to in sealed containers left in the sun - I can’t remember what it was about now. 50c or something and that was in a temperate climate. A lid made out of the container lid as well.
Not sure if that bubble wrap will make a difference (I can't really measure res temp) but it was probably worth the 5 minutes it took.
I suppose ice is an option - I wonder how nutes would take to being run through an ice machine?
I wonder how happy the roots would be with ice water in there! 🧊
Awesome plants, Shed.
Thanks RD!

Very nice of you to feel responsible for the smoke down here!
No it’s Texas fires we are spread out all the way to Quebec. We do not mind helping as I’m old (copd) ,but I was raised to never back down from helping our fellow people no matter where you live . And thank you for your help when we need it .
:love:

I wonder how happy the roots would be with ice water in there! 🧊
I had a quick look around and DWC seemed like a place to start. Tepid, room temp 24-25c but there wasn’t loads of stuff first pass on “why” dowsnm☪️💕hurt uptake or whatever.

I had a look at small fish tank water chillers but seemed a bit much. Especially as I haven't got definitive on how/why its bad to be higher (yet)

Nick

NIce to see your Grandpa's Moonshine made a full recovery!
Been watching your temps Shed and @West Hippie and everyone South! Cooler times are a coming!
Weather is showing Texas two more weeks of 107 . Really doesn’t feel bad rh has been staying at27% . I’m sitting under my pavilion on the river ,well with ceiling fan overhead . I need the fresh air plus there generating hydro electric, must be running both generators cause the river is way up and that makes it feel cooler.

Back
Top Bottom