InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thursday update, and we have finally cracked the CapJunky code...third time's the charm!

Planted in a peat puck and now the next round of waiting. :slide:

And since I know folks like games, how about a round of "Are these seeds or plain old calyxes?"

Finally, here's the hash box with the dehuey, made glorious summer by the suns of pollen:

I think I have pretty much all the pollen I need, so I'll collect for a few more days and toss the plant this weekend.

Very overcast today so the Purple Ghost Candy is hanging out under the CFL on the desk.

That's it for me! :peace:

Quotes (and thanks for giving me posts to quote :thumb: ) :

Thanks Mark, and I'd be good with that!

Thanks for the visit Lerugged! Holding thumbs that your plants survived the wind storm. :nervous-guy:

If you go the STS route this summer, let me know if I can offer up any guidance you might need! And I just hope that stuff isn't one of those things that gives you taint infections I hear about in the drug ads. ;)

I'm champing at the bit, that's how ready I am!

Yeah, the whole disinfectant/works-on-clothing thing makes me wary.

:hmmmm: Might be a side effect of Zetrisil.

I'm hoping that if anyone hears back they'll let us know!

IKR?

Thanks sb! I'm going to try to keep this one to a size that fits through the door without scraping the flowers. :)

LOL I almost linked to that post but it was confusing enough the first time around. :laugh:

:Namaste:

:thanks:
:cheer::high-five::yahoo::cheer::goodluck: CL🍀

This morning's news is back here!

Glad you got a CJ going nice hash box
Thanks con! I figured eventually I'd get one CapJunky to do something, and speaking of doing something I really need to figure out what to do with the hash in the box. :hmmmm:
Congratulations on the baby (now babies), and top tip!
Thanky Carmen!
STS for the win. ♂️
Harumph, what a disappointment. Thank you for looking at it. Yes, much cheaper to try the canola
I know...we're all still looking for that unicorn. 👀
my money on the former.
And I hope not to take it! 💰 🚫
you can try
I think I try every time. :)
Oh gosh, I'm so glad I got here late and stoned. I haven't had such a good long laugh in a while. Excellent, what a catch up sesh. Shed your tutorials are always to the point and perfectly illustrated, thank you for taking the time.
Late and stoned works. :thumb:
Hey, I'm lucky a spot opened up...seemed busy enough to me...of course, I am a day late
LOL...I was thinking 10 reactions and 11 hours on a sponsored seed-sprouting post would garner at least one comment!
Congrats on the PGC, and on coaxing a CapJunky out of her shell!
Thanks! Waiting for sunny skies to prevail like you folks up north. ☀️
Sounds good!
So- which are they?
j/k...
I think most of them are 'with seed', although, I'd have to squeeze one to be sure...
I don't think they're safe to squeeze quite yet! :eek:
:thanks: Captain!

Sunny and really windy today and the Purple Ghost Candy is outside with the seeded (🤞 ) Candida, which blew over! The wind also flipped open the lid on the hot tub so I had to tie it down. 🌬️

No movement yet on the CapJunky seed so still waiting on that. In the meantime:

Hot roll that hash between cellophane for some traditional hash ala Frenchy Cannoli !?
Is that the hash ball guy? I know HashFart does those, but I feel like no one would want to mess them up to smoke any!
seeds stay positive
💯 Thanks sb!

Early Sunday update with Saturday's news.

There was still no CapJunky sprout this morning, so I decided to start digging around for it. It took a lot of careful scraping, but after finally breaking apart the peat, this is what I found at 9am:

I think I packed the peat too tightly when I squeezed the water out when I first soaked it, and the sprout was having trouble getting through. I covered it up gently with more peat, watered it, and three hours later it was at the surface:

And four hours after that, it was above ground:

So that meant planting time. The tap root was already working its way out of the bottom:

And into a cup of FFOF it went for a couple of hours of late afternoon sun:

The cots look pretty tight (no membrane though) so I hope it opens up a bit by morning. We'll see!

In Candida seed-making news, it was the end of the line for the STS plant with the pollen sacs, but not before I did my best to get every last bit of pollen from it.

To that end, I cut off each branch, took off the big fans, stuck it in a tall glass vase, and - with my other hand covering much of the top to keep the pollen cloud contained - knocked it against the sides, spun it, and then reached in and smooshed the buds around to get all I could off each branch.

When I was all done, this is what I had:

I tipped that into a strainer over a pot:

and collected this:

Then I went back to the vase to get the rest:

And this is what I ended up with in total today:

I kept that separate from the previous pollen but both containers are in with the dehuey. Sunday night I'll find suitable vials, dry out the silica balls per Stunger, and put some in the fridge and some in the freezer just to cover all bases.

That's it for me (so far)! I hope your weekend is going swimmingly. 🏊‍♀️

Quote:
They look pollinated to me. Fingers crossed
Thanks Lerugged, and you'd know!

Early Sunday update with Saturday's news.

There was still no CapJunky sprout this morning, so I decided to start digging around for it. It took a lot of careful scraping, but after finally breaking apart the peat, this is what I found at 9am:

I think I packed the peat too tightly when I squeezed the water out when I first soaked it, and the sprout was having trouble getting through. I covered it up gently with more peat, watered it, and three hours later it was at the surface:

And four hours after that, it was above ground:

So that meant planting time. The tap root was already working its way out of the bottom:

The cots look pretty tight (no membrane though) so I hope it opens up a bit by morning. We'll see!

In Candida seed-making news, it was the end of the line for the STS plant with the pollen sacs, but not before I did my best to get every last bit of pollen from it.

To that end, I cut off each branch, took off the big fans, stuck it in a tall glass vase, and - with my other hand covering much of the top to keep the pollen cloud contained - knocked it against the sides, spun it, and then reached in and smooshed the buds around to get all I could off each branch.

When I was all done, this is what I had:

I tipped that into a strainer over a pot:

and collected this:

Then I went back to the vase to get the rest:

And this is what I ended up with in total today:

I kept that separate from the previous pollen but both containers are in with the dehuey. Sunday night I'll find suitable vials, dry out the silica balls per Stunger, and put some in the fridge and some in the freezer just to cover all bases.

That's it for me (so far)! I hope your weekend is going swimmingly. 🏊‍♀️

Quote:

Thanks Lerugged, and you'd know!
Glad you got your pollen collected & done & the CJ is above ground now

Cgts on the Cap Junkie seedling and well done on the save. Also I think that was a very smart way of harvesting the last of the pollen. A good day indeed.

Glad you got the CJ pointed in the right direction!⬆️
You couldn't ask for better weather on her first day🌞
And the schlepping begins...

Good work on that pollen, too- that's a bunch!

Cgts on the Cap Junkie seedling and well done on the save. Also I think that was a very smart way of harvesting the last of the pollen. A good day indeed.
Thank you Carmen! I'm thinking the aggressive nature of the final pollen harvest probably increased the amount of moisture in it (with all that greenery mixed in), so that's one of the reasons for keeping it separate from the earlier stuff.
Glad you got the CJ pointed in the right direction!
You couldn't ask for better weather on her first day
And the schlepping begins...
Thanks Carcass, and schlepping solo cups is a breeze! And the weather is gorgeous this weekend. ☀️
Good work on that pollen, too- that's a bunch!
IKR? I have to see what vials I have that are airtight, and maybe delay the transfer if I need to order from Amazon. Something like this maybe...

Sunny and really windy today and the Purple Ghost Candy is outside with the seeded (🤞 ) Candida, which blew over! The wind also flipped open the lid on the hot tub so I had to tie it down. 🌬️

No movement yet on the CapJunky seed so still waiting on that. In the meantime:

Is that the hash ball guy? I know HashFart does those, but I feel like no one would want to mess them up to smoke any!

💯 Thanks sb!
Yes, no kidding? That's my favorite kind from the old days! There's nothing like that hash taste! But if no one cares about that you'd be wasting your effort. It's a work of love for sure! I made a small one once, one day I'll get set for to a nice run I hope! It was a treat!

Monday update on the Purple Ghost Candy by @SeedsMan!

Here it is on day 6 above ground:

Never too young for a SaugaView®:

And it's putting out some nice roots:

The second set of leaves is coming in, and since I start my seedlings with 1/4 strength nutes when the second fans are completely in, it won't be long now!

:thanks: for checking out the Seedsman PGC comparative part of the perpetual. Update on the rest later this afternoon...

Quotes:
Yes, no kidding? That's my favorite kind from the old days! There's nothing like that hash taste! But if no one cares about that you'd be wasting your effort. It's a work of love for sure! I made a small one once, one day I'll get set for to a nice run I hope! It was a treat!
Actually I think they'd care too much and not want to ruin all the work that went into creating such art...like put it on the mantel and forget it was smokeable. :)
Man you gave it hell getting ALL of the pollen , Good Job ! And a save too the root was going to escape one way or another LOL
Go big or go home! I ordered vials from Amazon which should be here later today, and if they do I'll get the pollen sorted tonight. Thanks sb!

One of those second leaves looks like it has a hint of purple already! 👀

Back
Top Bottom