InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

your garden is looking like bliss ... all healthy perky plants i mean i remember goldleaf being a spike of yellow foliage ... And look at her now ... beautifull but then again you have the benefit of the SoCal sun
and that AK ... my God she is starting to look like a pro growers plant ... your doing all the correct things she should reward you handsomely
Thanks Pt, that Gold Leaf has turned it around for sure! Not sure if it was the winter sun, the Mars, or just finally figuring out what it needed, but it's happy as a clam now :). And I have high hopes for the AK. It's going to be an interesting test of a lot of different things all coming together at the same time. I'm really counting down to the flip...can't wait :cool:.

You're welcome any time Ripe. You and the Mrs that is. Not sure about your dad and roomie;).

Did you get my PM reply?

Pic update later this afternoon. At the dentist right now!

Thanks Shed! When we're down there I'll hit you up for sure! Dad and roomie are cool, but they probably won't be going with us. My Dad just got out of the hospital a couple days ago after having cancer removed from his mouth and throat. It is the weirdest thing, they cut half of his tongue out and rebuilt it with skin from his arm, and replaced that with skin with his leg. His tongue is two colors now. He seems fine outside of some obvious pain issues that are to be expected after 3 major surgeries in one sitting. I did get your P.M. The offer stands as long as I have them. The girls are just gorgeous in all their glory under the bright sun! AK is the pinnacle of what Cheese5 needs to be, and as soon as she has recovered from transplanting (which seems to have happened before we even transplanted her???) I am going to look at pics of AK as I defoliate her. Not so much for the rectangle shape you are going for, but just where and how much you are taking. I've been afraid to take that much. AK has had it done to her 3 or 4 times to my count and she is H.O.T.!

Thanks Shed! When we're down there I'll hit you up for sure! Dad and roomie are cool, but they probably won't be going with us. My Dad just got out of the hospital a couple days ago after having cancer removed from his mouth and throat. It is the weirdest thing, they cut half of his tongue out and rebuilt it with skin from his arm, and replaced that with skin with his leg. His tongue is two colors now. He seems fine outside of some obvious pain issues that are to be expected after 3 major surgeries in one sitting. I did get your P.M. The offer stands as long as I have them. The girls are just gorgeous in all their glory under the bright sun! AK is the pinnacle of what Cheese5 needs to be, and as soon as she has recovered from transplanting (which seems to have happened before we even transplanted her???) I am going to look at pics of AK as I defoliate her. Not so much for the rectangle shape you are going for, but just where and how much you are taking. I've been afraid to take that much. AK has had it done to her 3 or 4 times to my count and she is H.O.T.!
Sorry to hear about your Dad Ripe. Wish him a speedy recovery for me, and if he can't reply it's understandable ;). Prune without fear!

Quick Sunday update. Watered the AK with 1.5 gallons of water this morning. Into a gallon went:

3 ml cal/mag+
1 tbs vinegar/eggshell liquid
½ tsp Armor Si
¼ tsp Open Sesame (new)
3 tsp Grow Big (went whole hog)
3 tbs Big Bloom (down 1 from last time)
pH was 6.6
Total TDS in was 1360 which is lower than the last nutes, but this time I only gave it 3tbs Big Bloom. Open Sesame doesn't add much to the TDS.

Runoff was 4000! As you know, this plant is not showing any signs of nute burn or stress, but I'm wondering if a flush before flip would be a good idea. That way I'll have a more accurate picture of the flower nutes/out. By flush I mean get the TDS out down ≈200, and then give it a gallon of nutes.

Your thoughts?

do it... its always good to get a reset on nutes in the soil ... beter control
Thanks Pt, that sounds about right.
With tds at 4000 I think I would. Reset so she can pick up what she needs instead of cramming it down her. But what do I know I'm a coco guy. My 2 cents is only worth about a half a cent.
You know I'm voting yes at that high. I got nervous at 2000.
(Edit) Is this the first time it has been that high? Are checking TDS out each watering?
I don't usually check runoff until I get to flower on my autos, but I have had more runoff on previous plants than this one.
All this hydro talk is making my head spin o_O:hmmmm::rofl:
Hydro shmydro! Soil growers united!

I'm not really panicking at 4000 just because the plant seems very very happy. If I were keeping it in veg I'd probably just start running more nute water through at the same TDS and let it come down naturally over time. But since I'm gonna flip it next weekend, I think I'll do the same nutes once between now and then with what I just fed, and then Saturday flush and re-nute. To have enough runoff I'll probably have to go 1.5 gallons ever time.

Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom