Italian Outdoor Adventures - From Pure Indicas to Pure Sativas

Yes, it makes you look at the world with different eyes living on another continent for 20 years. Italy was my favorite vacation spot. I was in different regions of Italy probably 10 or 12 times altogether. Yes, you are right about the medical card, that's for sure.

:Namaste:

Thegreengrcr, maybe it's your area microclimate that doesn't let you do it. If you get oceanic fronts around November, weather might be very cold and shut you down. Here temps are not the problem, rather sudden rainfalls.

My plants on the other hand are not being fed with nothing spectacular, they got some compost and weed tea with Micosat (my fungal and microbial inoculant). But I think I raised my soil mix into another level by soaking it in comfrey + horsetail tea in the hot sun. Then the air pots are doing your job.

Cotton Candy is unknown to me, but it has very interesting genetics like Power Plant, which is basically Durban Poison cut with Afghani or Northern Lights. I don't remember about Lavender, the other parent, but it's another Dutch classic, so this smoke should be really good. Mine goes quickly around the bend, I grow it horizontally and has a nice smell, weaker than Green C., which stinks before she even started flowering :) Here I really believe this stuff is close to the clone version :)

Happy growing, man!

PinkyGreen, welcome aboard this Silver Machine :) Hope you're gonna have fun and maybe learn something if you're here for it. And I'm sure other guys will appreciate your company! So how's it going in Colorado, can you buy Colombian Gold from newsagent's around the corner? ;)

CONRADINO- I live in the arm pit of the usa, a non legal state so thats as far as that goes. As for food after the required drug test ( should I choose too, the self employment effort is gathering fruit) I will be glad to post up. Used to be a chef for a very commited owner, strictly Italian on a ritzy island. Our meats and cheese were flown in weekly from italy, although our bufalo mozerella & gnocci was made by a liitle old Italian lady a two hour boat ride away, deserts from the north end of Boston, etc so yeah, when I moved here I set to work sourcing correct products, successfully thank the Gods. I work hard man gotta eat whats beautiful./ Im going vaporizer soon perusing the markets.. but I do roll bombers ;)
FESTUS- ex wife from small village on der Rhine south of St Goar, many months each year spent there... beet juice is the bomb but I draw the line with my Nutella. There willbe blood! Lol!

PinkyGreen, welcome aboard this Silver Machine :) Hope you're gonna have fun and maybe learn something if you're here for it. And I'm sure other guys will appreciate your company! So how's it going in Colorado, can you buy Colombian Gold from newsagent's around the corner? ;)
Hi Conradino,

It's a different world driving down the street and passing dozens of dispensaries, but I haven't seen Columbian Gold since I lived in CA 12 years ago.

Thanks for having me!:thanks::battingeyelashes::dreamy:

It's a different world driving down the street and passing dozens of dispensaries, but I haven't seen Columbian Gold since I lived in CA 12 years ago.

Well, it's all about OG Kush and hundred other mutations it gave birth to, isn't it :)

Getting ready to transplanting. I will start with a mixture of Vermafire, vermaworm and vermablend. A ratio of 3-2-1. The same as from my greenhouse grow. Vermicrop Organics - Potting Soil, Soil Amendments, Compost Tea

I would also like to start with some sort of microbial inoculant. A store bought one for now.

Any thoughts on this?

IMG_20140521_184104.jpg
Conradino I can't get to my meat market for prosciutto today but I pulled the trigger. No more corporate obligation. I'm full time self employed and no longer subject to the inane inequities of thier policies. Live without a net (but with contracts in place ;) let them have thier victory,I'm free. Fresh tomatoe, basil and rosemary from the garden, ground pepper and sea salt. And sweet nectar of the gods, very medicinal thai bud, sparking it up Right.....NOW..somewhere the voice says "feel free to move about the cabin..."....*staring at that cat... staring at the screen* jeezus howmuch time has passed? Easy fifteen minutes... gotta be... yep imma ripped. Was pretty expando on the first big pull surprised me there had a coughing fit too yet after that started getting smooth, got to let it cure now, bring out that scent which is kinda chocolaty actually and with fruity aftertaste, long ago lost count of the hits. Works for me.

I'm still catching up Con, thank you for the warm welcome. great updates and i love when you post F° , lol, I struggle with C°.

I have not read anything on (the dreaded) moths/eggs/inchworms, BE AWARE, if you see a moth on your girls/buds, you have eggs.

do you see moths flying around? just after sunset is when I see the most, i'm at 34° N and I just hope you have a plan for keeping the worms out of your wild buds, when your girls start to flower. If you have high humidity, spray can cause mold, organic dust is a good solution, as soon as a moth egg hatches into a worm, when he eats a bite of the dust, he will :rip:

i deploy nets at night this year, last year i spent hours removing eggs from sticky trichomes.

my 2 cents :circle-of-love:

Thegreengrcr, inoculant is a must. I switched to Micosat F WP LEN, wheb I found it. It's a powdered Italian product which is supposed to push it up a little bit. I gave full list of fungi and bacterias it contains in the beginning of this journal. Page 1,2 or 3. But I dunno if you can get it in US, so maybe other organic guys who follow this journal could point you to a good American inoculant. Guys, anyone???

HighYogi, you're missing mozarella di buffala for sure :) I miss your Thai bud on the othet hand, so universe has a way to disperse these goods around apparently. Hoq on Mother Earth did you grow it, indoor or outdoor? That's one of thesr landraces I'm dreaming to grow and smoke. I have my eye on Double Thai from Ace, maybe next season. Aaah, it's good to be self-employed and free, the same here I guess. I hope you're gonna get your prosciutto crudo, even if you have to manufacture it yourself ;)

Trichomes, in my climate with this vegetation it's always a constant battle with insects and small animals. Aphids, spiders, whiteflies, gnats, snails, beetles, you name it! But moths haven't bothered my grows yeat I have to say. Maybe it's just a matter of time, but I have an impression they don't like high humidity that much. I obviously have butterflies too so I'm concerned with the legendary (but anecdotal for me) bud worms. Still can't get over this nickname :) The thing is they probably prefer to lay they larvae somewhere else. But I got one pest which's been hard for me to identify, kind of very tiny (about 1mm) light orange larvae which I have to get rid of with a toothpick. I found them this year too, but they didn't come back after my witches' brew treatment. Wonder what they are really? As far as C to F is concerned, I do it for obvious reasons, Americans are a majority here and they seem to be struggling with metric system :) By the way my low 80s now have a constant companion this time of the year, 70 to 80 RH. You can imagine what this does to you in the summer with average temps of 90-105F.

Happy growing to ya all, folks!!!

Americans are a majority here and they seem to be struggling with metric system :)

:hmmmm: Yeah ,it's hard to figure out something when it's based on 10's, 100's, & 1000's.

:rofl:

Yeah, for me inches, ounces, pound and bales were like some magical formulas, but after using metric converter I got the hang of it :)

Thegreengrcr, inoculant is a must. I switched to Micosat F WP LEN, wheb I found it. It's a powdered Italian product which is supposed to push it up a little bit. I gave full list of fungi and bacterias it contains in the beginning of this journal. Page 1,2 or 3. But I dunno if you can get it in US, so maybe other organic guys who follow this journal could point you to a good American inoculant. Guys, anyone???

I use great white.
It's real expensive but darn good. Has an expiration date, so pay attn to that, to get more bang for buck.

Growology Step 1 is a USA made product with the myco and is one of our sponsors , has 4 kinds you can ask Growology bout it John is very helpful :)

Indoor grow soil, usually organic only but this time it was FF tiger bloom and grow big, Super thrive and FF Ocean Mist. Vegged really slow, cold winter five months, two month flower 30|60|10 clear,white, amber. Flushed three weeks, sequentially harvested, dried, jarred, burpped and in the dark for cure. Fasst trichome development last three weeks with bigger heads in 2nd and 3rd waves of growth. I'm certain w summer temps it woupd of yielded much more as is 1.3 ounces fully trimmed of one to two toke herb. That lasts me a long time :)

I got one pest which's been hard for me to identify, kind of very tiny (about 1mm) light orange larvae which I have to get rid of with a toothpick. I found them this year too, but they didn't come back after my witches' brew treatment. Wonder what they are really?
Do the larvae look like this ?

Thrips:

thrips.gif

I can see your recipe working on them, had this pest too last summer. I had issues getting rid of them, I sprayed them with tobacco juice and natural soap and it didn't work.

DaTenshi, I never could get a zoom like that, but I think they are indeed the same kind!!!

Back
Top Bottom