Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2

Re: Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2 - Blue Planet Nutri

Upon further examination of the Plush Berry, I realized that the root system had suffered some damage , probably due to the stress from the earlier pH problems experienced. Removed her from this phase and placed her back into Veg.

Re: Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2 - Blue Planet Nutri

I'm subbed.

Hello! Welcome to :420: and to this thread, the second part of a 41 week SOG in a Cardboard Box! Have a seat, and feel free to ask any questions you may have here. There are refreshments along that wall, and a vape on every table for your enjoyment.

Wow miss one day and you got some reading to do, I got my seat now just to keep up. I was just gonna ask you about wintering seeds, great info as usual thanks. Lets see if I got you right, One month storage and 24 hrs in refrigerated water. My Cosmic Brain hermi got to the GDP so I'll give it a try.:peace:

Wow miss one day and you got some reading to do, I got my seat now just to keep up. I was just gonna ask you about wintering seeds, great info as usual thanks. Lets see if I got you right, One month storage and 24 hrs in refrigerated water. My Cosmic Brain hermi got to the GDP so I'll give it a try.
peace.gif
Yup, I like to let the seeds dry a bit, and then put the seeds that I will be germinating in a PLASTIC cup half full of water, and place that in the fridge for 24 hours. Then I move the seeds out and into wet paper towels in a zip top baggie in The Hatchery for germination. Once the tap is 1/16" long, I know the seed is viable, and it goes into the rooting medium then, and they stay in The Hatchery until the first node is fully formed.

Phat Filter has never failed to remove odor. Just make absolutely sure that your fan has a CFM rating BELOW that of your filter. That's not just for Phat, but for all carbon filters. And yes, my fan pulls air through the filter, across my light inside the hood, then out of the box.

Thanks for the props, and the rep!
Thanks for responding Jandre I think that might be my problem im running a 6 inch inline on a 4 inch filter (just a cheapo) but when i purchased it they said(the sellers) the filter would handle up to 600 cfm but the sounds not right to me, the trouble is i cant get enough air coming into my tent to keep cool so ive got a 4 inch inline putting air in (on a speed controller) and the 6 pulling out the 6 is rated at 450 cfm and the 4 is rated at 260 but with the 6 should it pull enough air to run the 4 full speed i guess what im asking is how.many cfm's do you lose from your fan pulling through your filter? and i got a few pics in my thread and a couple leaves are show some spots any ideas? thanks in advance J :thanks:

Thanks for responding Jandre I think that might be my problem im running a 6 inch inline on a 4 inch filter (just a cheapo) but when i purchased it they said(the sellers) the filter would handle up to 600 cfm but the sounds not right to me, the trouble is i cant get enough air coming into my tent to keep cool so ive got a 4 inch inline putting air in (on a speed controller) and the 6 pulling out the 6 is rated at 450 cfm and the 4 is rated at 260 but with the 6 should it pull enough air to run the 4 full speed i guess what im asking is how.many cfm's do you lose from your fan pulling through your filter? and i got a few pics in my thread and a couple leaves are show some spots any ideas? thanks in advance J :thanks:

Well, that all depends on the filter really. Each one causes a different amount (percent) of flow loss. With the Phat Filter, it's not really a whole lot. I have a 400w CFL in a 2'x4'x4' space, no fan controller, and my can/light/fan/exhaust keeps the temps between 80 and 89 Fahrenheit. Passive intake is a HEPA filtered 2.5" x 5" port with no intake fan. I have two 6" circulation fans that keep things pretty well stirred up in there, so there's no real hotspot up top, and my light hood, I can lay my forearm on quite comfortably. Hell, it's just BARELY warmer than the ambient temperature inside the box.

:popcorn:

Sub a dub-dubbed. Those clones look really healthy! :thumb: Sorry to hear about the Plushberry set-back.

:popcorn:

Sub a dub-dubbed. Those clones look really healthy! :thumb: Sorry to hear about the Plushberry set-back.

Mej, I half expected it... Plush Berry HATES pH instability.

And thanks for subbing! I love to have you in my grow journals.

on with the show:thumb:

your not dry at all Jandre! and I would love to sit down and burn one with you, I'am sure we would be rollin with the conversations comming from your sick but beautifull mind:high-five:

damn. fall over and die sickness =( i hate damping off =/

Yeah, what sux, is I only had one seed, and it was given to me by a really good friend. I feel I've betrayed him, now, somehow.

not a lot you can do about damping off, its like a common cold, you can do your best to prevent it from sticking, but once its been caught there is nothing that can be done.

however, having said that i have discovered something recently. i have 2 that are not doing very well, they both started to lay down. they had discarded their seed case, but still had their leaves closed by the seed skin.

i managed to remove the skin from one but failed to do so on the other. the one with skin still closing the leaves is stll laying down and i see a small amount of thinning at the bend, the other has opened its leaves and is starting to point skyward.

im wondering if damping off is a plant equivelant to sudden infant death syndrome. some sort of defence mechanism we dont yet understand (how can we ever truly understand a defence which kills the host). anyways its pretty useless to real damping off problems, but might save more than a few seedlings out there if they have gardners willing to surgically remove a difficult seed skin.

Sad news... Purple OG #18 has taken a turn for the worse. She decided that she'd lay out on the hydroton last night, so I propped her up with a toothpick. This morning, she's almost all dead.

Bummer!!

not a lot you can do about damping off, its like a common cold, you can do your best to prevent it from sticking, but once its been caught there is nothing that can be done.

however, having said that i have discovered something recently. i have 2 that are not doing very well, they both started to lay down. they had discarded their seed case, but still had their leaves closed by the seed skin.

i managed to remove the skin from one but failed to do so on the other. the one with skin still closing the leaves is stll laying down and i see a small amount of thinning at the bend, the other has opened its leaves and is starting to point skyward.

im wondering if damping off is a plant equivelant to sudden infant death syndrome. some sort of defence mechanism we dont yet understand (how can we ever truly understand a defence which kills the host). anyways its pretty useless to real damping off problems, but might save more than a few seedlings out there if they have gardners willing to surgically remove a difficult seed skin.

Yeah, there was no seed skin, it just laid down. Sucks ass.

I may be the culprit though. *I* might have killed it. I watered it again when I saw it wilting the day before it had laid down. so it actually got three waterings that day instead of the usual two. Over watering a seedling can cause damping off.

Back
Top Bottom