Jon705's First Attempt at Organic SuperSoil Featuring TopLED's New COB LED Panel

Thanks Buck:Namaste: im totally blown away this round bro I cant wait to give High Brix a try, I think my supersoil mix isnt strong enough, 5 weeks today and 2 of the three Timewreck in supersoil are fading and I transplanted them from 2.5 gallon pots right into 7 gallon pots with straight supersoil no buffer. I think its because I cant get a good base soil around here so hopefully High brix works out for me, promix is the one soil I can get anytime of the year:)

Yeah those colas look huge for 34 days after flip sheesh! Still pretty impressed with the COB as well considering that's way smaller than I would ever get of a light!
I had to start tying up some of the colas last night, they are already starting to fall over and its only day 34! thats a first for me, usually this doesnt start happening till around day 45 or so:)

Hi everyone, sorry I havent been on much lately, Im back to work for a bit operating a excavator for a friend. I recieved my 2 TopLed MarsII yesterday, it looks like they matched the spectrums and pattern of my Area 51 panels beautifully, im working 12 hr shift today but im off tomorrow so I ll do a full update tomorrow morning. Exellent job Sara!! these lights look great:)

Hey Jon,

All I can say is wow!!!!! I only wish one day I can grow like you :bravo: I had a quick question your MARSII that was sent from Sara did you have them custom make it? And which model is it? I was looking to purchase one but I was like I'll wait till Jon grows with it first, hahah. Sorry I know you said you'd update us I am just so excited!!!!!! Thanks again man

Hey Jon,

All I can say is wow!!!!! I only wish one day I can grow like you :bravo: I had a quick question your MARSII that was sent from Sara did you have them custom make it? And which model is it? I was looking to purchase one but I was like I'll wait till Jon grows with it first, hahah. Sorry I know you said you'd update us I am just so excited!!!!!! Thanks again man
Thanks wreched:Namaste:I had them custom made to the same specs as my Area 51 lights, theres no blue in these, they have cool white(has plenty of blue), red, deep red and infrared, I ll post the exact amounts as soon as I count them later tonight or tomorrow, pics are uploading now, I took one of my panels down and replaced it with one of the new ones last night:)

First Impressions

I picked up the 2 Mars II 240 x 5w lights at Fedex because they get my address wrong everytime I deal with them lol..The boxes were in perfect condition and made out of nice thick cardboard,
DSCF6189.JPG
DSCF6190.JPG

They were well protected with some spongy styrofoam,
DSCF6191.JPG
DSCF6192.JPG

Inside the box is the light, plug and wire hanger.
DSCF61931.JPG

DSCF6194.JPG
DSCF6195.JPG
DSCF61961.JPG

So first impression before turning it on is it appears to be a really well made panel.
I plugged it in and emediately ran for my sunglasses, these suckers are really bright!!
DSCF61971.JPG
DSCF62001.JPG

I am not a fan of the hangers that they came with because the hang way to low so I used some coated stainless steel wire instead, hanging them this way gives me almost a foot of extra head room.
DSCF6202.JPG

I was way to tired to switch everything around last night but I was also really curious to see one hanging beside one of my Area 51 panels so I took one down and replaced it with a TopLed panel.
DSCF62061.JPG

Heres one of the Area 51 panels,
DSCF6205.JPG

they have 320 3w Helios diodes in them,when I sent Sara the specs to my panels I also drew a diagram showing the placing of each diode, it looks like TopLed matched the exact patern minus 80 diodes,
DSCF6207.JPG

I plan on using the same metal banding to permanently hang them when I switch everything around but for now its hanging from the wires so its about 4 inches closer to the plant at 26 inches,
DSCF62131.JPG
DSCF6211.JPG

this is how I have my panels hung, this gives me maximum headroom to grow bigger plants:)
DSCF6212.JPG
DSCF62081.JPG

Penetration is slightly better than my 3w panels and it should be with 5w diodes,
Area 51 panel
DSCF62031.JPG

TopLed panel
DSCF6204.JPG

these are form 2 different plants same strain but the gaps arent the same but it give you an idea.
One thing I noticed is with my Area 51 panels it looks like there is a second lense over the diode, I think the Helios diodes dont have angled lenses, I think the secondary lense is what directs the light at the desired angles,
DSCF62141.JPG

Mars II
DSCF6215.JPG

so heres the wierd thing, when you look at both lights the Mars II apears to be alot brighter its definetly hard on the eyes, I ll be wearing glasses in there from now on but when you look at the plants it looks like the Area 51 panel is brighter, im wondering if epistar cool white diodes have the same spectrums as Helios cool white diodes,
Area 51 panel(sorry its blurry) you can still see how bright they are though
DSCF6216.JPG

TopLed Mars II panel
DSCF62171.JPG

at 26 inches from the canopy this light definetly has the 4 x 4 core coverage as described:)
First overall impressions right now is this is a KICKASS panel, Sara your tecs did a fantastic job matching the spectrums and patern im very impressed so far:bravo:, I ll try to get the room switched around tonight or tomorrow and get some more pics up as soon as I can.
Thank you so much Sara, I cant wait to get my next journal up and running to see how these panels do for a full round:)

Wow, nice job indeed by TopLED, and good observations Jon. Initial impressions are this light will blend well with what you've already proven to be a good formula. Most interesting about the differences in perceived strength when comparing eyes with plants too.

Those things look awesome bro!! I had faith when i saw your specs, so I picked up a pair myself, and am super excited. Cant wait to see what you can do with them, and as far as spectrum, i think these are going to flower out some monsters. Maybe they used wide lenses on the Mars 2 to spread the whole spectrum of the white and the Area 51 is more focused with the lenses. Did Sara mention if they used pure white or cool white? Looking good in here, im pulling up a chair!!

Cool...

:hmmmm:

No lenses...

Wondering if you can drop closer?

:popcorn:

Well with the help of a couple friends I got the room switched around...kinda, theres still 2 panels strapped to the ceiling but im exausted lol..and I have to work again tomorrow so this is how its staying for the next 3 weeks, once the plants are down I ll hang the other 2 and clean up all the wiring and move some stuff around, I just gained 2 more feet of core footprint:)
DSCF62211.JPG
DSCF62201.JPG
DSCF6219.JPG
DSCF6218.JPG

sorry for the blurry pic again, I do a full update early this week sometime.

I'm pretty sure I could grow right up to mine :)
yep you probably could but imo your plants will suffer from it and your yield would suffer, 800-1000 umols is optimal for flowering, its a proven fact from what I understand, im way to tired to go find the links to the studies I read up on but they re out there, these lights are probably way over 2000 umols at say 3-4 inches from the panel, and the footprint would be the same size as the panel.

Back
Top Bottom