K-Frat's Soil Skunk Diesel Closet Grow Journal -2012

Hey K-Frat ! :thumb:

I can sure tell you have been reading allot. Glad Cronic is riding along with you. He knows his tube lights well.
Sorry you lost a plant....that was weird. What kind of water are you using? With BPN nutes, soil and RO water you can forget checking your pH. RO water is a perfect neutral 7.0. Since your girls are slim and tall, add a bit of Silica when you water. Will toughen up your stems. At this stage, let your fans blow on them too.

When you do go to flower....the more CFLs the better. Your right too, about having to super-crop because of your hight limitations. Over all, I think you have pretty good grow going. I like it!

Also your right..alcohol is a damnation to us all. :smokin::smokin::smokin:

howdy K just fell in here, thing look good so far. you would do well to listen to OMM. he knows pretty darn well how to grow:) and if he cany ansewer your questions he will point you to someone that can.and if there is something I can help with well I'll try:)happy gardening

Hey K-Frat ! :thumb:

I can sure tell you have been reading allot. Glad Cronic is riding along with you. He knows his tube lights well.
Sorry you lost a plant....that was weird. What kind of water are you using? With BPN nutes, soil and RO water you can forget checking your pH. RO water is a perfect neutral 7.0. Since your girls are slim and tall, add a bit of Silica when you water. Will toughen up your stems. At this stage, let your fans blow on them too.

When you do go to flower....the more CFLs the better. Your right too, about having to super-crop because of your hight limitations. Over all, I think you have pretty good grow going. I like it!

Also your right..alcohol is a damnation to us all. :smokin::smokin::smokin:

Thanks for stopping by OMM! I am using RO water and some rain water when we get rain which hasn't been much this drought and heatwave we have had the past few weeks. With the heat index it was almost 110!!! If anything my ph goes down when I add the nutrients to the water. Also I will look into adding silica thanks for the tip! I have a handy diy that I am in the process of figuring out it will be made out of a power strip with adapters I can screw lights into and then plug them in. I am going to add a clamp so that I can just clamp it to the side of the pot. Keep them close as possible and then I won't have to worry about how to hang all the lights without them getting in the way of each other. If that doesn't work they always have those cheapo light reflectors with clamps on them couple of Y splitters and bam just as good.

howdy K just fell in here, thing look good so far. you would do well to listen to OMM. he knows pretty darn well how to grow:) and if he cany ansewer your questions he will point you to someone that can.and if there is something I can help with well I'll try:)happy gardening

Thank you for the support fishcake and for falling by lol.

:nomo: So I began to use the "Pinching Method" On my talles girl amy. After three days there are the results so far. If you look at previous pictures there is next to none under growth. As of now she has virtually stopped strectching and she is exploding underneath. The leaves are down because I had them tied down with a twist tie to get more exposure. 1/2 strength nuets this week!:morenutes:
IMG_20120711_094348.jpg

IMG_20120711_094333.jpg

IMG_20120711_094241.jpg

My white shark clone i recieved is starting to show life again and new growth. I wasn't sure of what was going to happen to her but it just took a little longer than expected to recover from being cloned. This one I may LST I am unsure at this point because the mom this came from was about 15" tall and full bush without any help. Hope to have multiple cola's on this baby :slide:

anybody have suggestions as to what this mystery orange could be on the top of the soil?
IMG_20120711_124418.jpg

possible nuet build up? maybe mold? anyone?

yeah it did kind of look like tiny spores popping up all over the place. That is the pot my clone is in and it doesn't seem to be bothering it. Going to repot it today. Should I be turning the top of the soil every day? I was reading that some were it keeps mold from forming and nute build up from settling on the top of the soil, Ugh first mites now mold lol note to self invest in some better soild next time !

yeah it did kind of look like tiny spores popping up all over the place. That is the pot my clone is in and it doesn't seem to be bothering it. Going to repot it today. Should I be turning the top of the soil every day? I was reading that some were it keeps mold from forming and nute build up from settling on the top of the soil, Ugh first mites now mold lol note to self invest in some better soild next time !

Hi K-Frat. Your last statement was the best: Invest in some better soil. :Namaste:

Ok so I got her replanted and back home it's a nice 84 degrees in there right now. Thanks for the input OMM +rep

having a brainstorm right now about a seperate place to flower. I don't have the funds for a grow tent or anything like that and don't really have a closet I can use. I was thinking a big cardboard gaylord box. My first thought along with probably everyone else is eek fire hazard! They are pretty thick and corrigated cardboard. (Hard and thick) I would be strictly using cfls and flo lights in it. Please share thoughts suggestions thanks!

How about using your current space as your flower room. It would be easier to find a small space for veg. Maybe a small dresser that you could modify, or even under a desk or simple piece of plywood. I would stay away from cardboard. Use it as a door or light blocking but not for a whole space. I would also suggest new soil. Continued good luck to you and your plants.

Thank you for the advice NLnovice. After a little more thinking about it I was like yeah....not a good idea sounded good in my head. I am going to take your advice and use my current space as flower and after working for a couple hours tonight I realized that we have scrap wood crates when emptied they simply throw them out I was like :hmmmm: :hmmmm::idea:. Picking those up tomorrow!

:slide::slide::slide:These just in
IMG_20120713_082825.jpg
IMG_20120713_082809.jpg
IMG_20120713_082711.jpg
IMG_20120713_082702.jpg

I have read mixed things about Osmocote and results when using it and even how 7800k fluorescents are too high of a spectrum. The pics above are all the proof I need to say otherwise. They have strictly been under that regiment since sprouting. I have adopted these beauties and now my space is overloaded and once again in short supply of lighting:trance: I could not pass up taking these because it is the same strain as mine and it gives me a few more test subjects and plants to compare to. The wood crates I was talking about are going to be converted into cfl veg boxes this weekend. These baby's are not showing any preflowers yet. They were started the same weekend as mine but were under constant better lighting (same lighting as me just a few more) It has been aprox 6 weeks in veg so far. Looks like a jungle in there!
IMG_20120713_100113.jpg

Been a busy weekend getting my box ready for my girls. Since it's just a veg box im not worried about light leaks the lights are on before the sun comes up and don't turn off until after sunset. I am not making it a "stealth" thing either so I was goign to just put a curtain on the front for easy access to water and work with them. Before you all rip on the foil yeah i know i know but just like the rest of this grow so far I have been using just what i could find laying around and so far so good! If it's not broke don't fix it!

IMG_20120714_214524.jpg
IMG_20120714_214453.jpg

you will be ok with the foil because you got it nice and smooth. I think its a very nicely done veg station! I would use it if it were mine and show it off too!:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom