K-Frat's Soil Skunk Diesel Closet Grow Journal -2012

Thank nlnovice don.paul and fish cake! I put the finishing touches on it last night I got two Y adapters I was going to use with the reflectors I have, but one of the reflectors was too small for the adapter and two lights so I took the reflector off and am just using the cord,base and y adapter. I have 4 23w 6500k bulbs hanging and 2 flo 2700k lights. As far as ventilation fans for intake/outtake im not too sure I need it temps are steady around 80-82 with the front covered. I am thinking just a fan inside to blow around. I got the two girls I started and my clone in there they seem happy and the other two happily sitting were i started my grow. I did this for two reasons: the lights they were raised under are the same that are in there and they will flower before mine will so I won't have to switch nothing when there ready except the lighting. I am content with everything the way it is now so it's time to just sit back and let mother nature do her thing with little assistance from me (feeding,watering) Will probably add 2 more 6500k on a y adpater as they get a little bigger. Thank you all for the support :Namaste: I won't be updating as much or as active for the next month or so. Going to be getting busier until the end of summer. Pics will come with my updates as always:green_heart:

Hi K-Frat. Have no fear, I have been using Osmocote for years. That's practically all I grow with!:thumb:

I am considering using it in the future for veg after seeing it's results!

quick question for people following along. I have determined that the girls I got recently are about 6 weeks into veg and have noticed that they each have two sets of alternating nodes which shows maturing but I have no preflowers yet to determine male/female. Do you think I should let this go another 2 weeks before trying to flower?

how long you veg is totaly up to you, if the nodes are staggered they are definetly right for flower. so if you want to try a flower schedual to sex them doit, then if you want to put them back in veg go back to the original light schedual:) Just my opinion:love:
I am considering using it in the future for veg after seeing it's results!

quick question for people following along. I have determined that the girls I got recently are about 6 weeks into veg and have noticed that they each have two sets of alternating nodes which shows maturing but I have no preflowers yet to determine male/female. Do you think I should let this go another 2 weeks before trying to flower?

cool cool :smokin:going to give it another couple weeks just to let the less bushier lady catch up a little bit. By then I might have flowers if not i will just go ahead start flowering. thanks again fish cake!

HOLY HELL!!!!! It's another heat wave here once again! It's so hot I had to water my girls early this week last week was just RO water so I upped the dose this week to 5ml micro/grow/bloom for the younger ones and since the others I recieved are showing maturity I gave them each 10ml micro/grow/bloom which is crazy growth stages on the BPN feeding schedule. Week six is actually the one they are on but on that schedule that would be the first week of flower and I am going to hold off on flowering for a couple more weeks so I will repeat week 5 until I goto flower for them.

I wanted to share something that has been a recurring for me. About once or twice a week I have been having a dream that I go to check on my girls and they are all dried up and withered laying all the way over. It doesn't wake me up in a cold sweat or nothing I just find it wierd that I keep having this dream. Is this something anyone else has had happen to them? Sometimes I think it's the one I lost haunting me. Im :sorry: it happened please :rip:!!!

hope its not dejavu:)

hi mate, hows it going, id get a couple of small cumpoter fans fitted to the back of the box blowing the air out the box, you can use an old phone charger or 12v power adaptor to power them with, id say you will need 2, both blowing the air out of the top of the box, this wil then create a sort of vacumne in the box and this will then suck cooler air in from the bottom of the box, this will keep the temps lower and also keep the air fresh giving the plants the most co2 in can have, not having the air replaced lowers the co2levels, even 1 fan would do you, just drill a hole and glue the fan in the back panel at the top so its sucking the air out the box, this will keep them cooler and happier plants

hi mate, hows it going, id get a couple of small cumpoter fans fitted to the back of the box blowing the air out the box, you can use an old phone charger or 12v power adaptor to power them with, id say you will need 2, both blowing the air out of the top of the box, this wil then create a sort of vacumne in the box and this will then suck cooler air in from the bottom of the box, this will keep the temps lower and also keep the air fresh giving the plants the most co2 in can have, not having the air replaced lowers the co2levels, even 1 fan would do you, just drill a hole and glue the fan in the back panel at the top so its sucking the air out the box, this will keep them cooler and happier plants

I have two computer fans in there now one hanging from the ceiling and the other is on the floor angled upwards to circulate the air. It's more humid than dry heat so it's all good. I find the temp goes up almost 5 degrees if I put the cover on the front so for now I am leaving the front open.

getting the temps stabel can be difficult depending on how hot it is outside, now im using hps i have to keep my grow door slightly open to keep the temps in the 80s, i like to keep mine above 80 and around 85 is about the best for my plants, i tried keeping it at 78 to 80 but i have since found 85 works best for me, so thats where i like to keep it, you will find the fans will benefit the plants loads, with the air moving it will strengthen the plants stems, i have 2 12v computer fans hanging in my room, i have them blowing on the top of the plants, you dont want the fans blowing directly on the plants when they are young as it dries them out really quick, so just having the air moving and changing benefits them loads,
their is other stuff you can do also such as making a co2 generator using 2ltr pop bottle, 1ltr pop bottle and some yeast and sugar, i did try this with my plants and it made the leaes feel thicker and went a slightly darker green, i only do this when the plants are flowering as it makes the buds firmer or so they say, plus its cheap to do and you can keep it bubbling away for over a week before changing the yeast mixture out, it leaves you with alcahol that can be used if thats what you want, their are many guides on here about diy co2 generator, i think jandre has a great guide, i can post the link for you if its something your interested in, some say it improves growth and make the plants healthy, other say the ppm is to low to make it worth doing, but ive got to admit, the plants nearest the co2 outlet pipe seemed a darker shade of green and seemed to have slightly more growth and the leaves felt thicker.

I have two computer fans in there now one hanging from the ceiling and the other is on the floor angled upwards to circulate the air. It's more humid than dry heat so it's all good. I find the temp goes up almost 5 degrees if I put the cover on the front so for now I am leaving the front open.

K-Frat, I agree with donpaul.p.I would suggest not using the fan that hangs from the ceiling. If it is not blowing the air out of the box it will just circulate the hot air that is rising to the top of the box. Since this a veg. box and light leaks won't matter I suggest cutting a whole in the top of the box and mounting the fan to draw the heat out. If possible cut another hole, low down on the side and mount the other fan. With this set up you would be able to keep the cover on and maintain steady temps. Keep up the good work.

Don't mind at all! Thanks for stopping by! By the time I am done getting my lighting done I am going to have an army of Florecents and cfls stay tuned!

i have been using glr light schedule this time round and its cut costs down loads, before i was using 20-4 or 24-0 now im using glr which is 12-5.5-1-5.5-, doing this my seedlings showed sex at just over 2 weeks,

I found an offer i cant refuse light ballast and reflector$40.00 400w hps xD

id be very cautious if its second hand, if its new then thats a bargain and if they have more then pm me the link to where they sell it at that price, thats dirt cheap, make sure its new or nearly new, the bulbs need replacing and the ballast dont last for ever, over time the ballast starts to use more and more power to power the bulb so the costs get higher and higher, the buls dont last long either, some people change bulb every 6 months, if you wait till the bulb stops working then this means your plants have suffered for way to long as the lumins drop off after a certain amount of on time,
so if its second hand ask the following quetions
1 how old is the ballast
2 how old is the bulb, this is usually rated in hours, but if they say a couple of months ask if its been on for 24 hours a day or an hour a day, then we can make sure its worth it,

but if its new make sure its not just the reflector your buying as that sounds about the right price for a reflector on its own. but if it clearly says its includes the 400watt digital ballast, 400watt hps or dual spectrum hps bulb and make sure its got the reflector, the reflectors can be expensive to buy on their own so if it is the whole package then thats a bargain and if its new then its even more a bargain, id say sale of the century

Thanks don.paul it is the whole kit and its new they bought three of them and only used two. picture shows it is new and i agree deal of the century! Gotta love craplist :p

mate id take his hand off if he is offering it at that price, sounds like you got a decent light at a very cheap price, well done mate, should get the grow going nicely, nice find my friend

Back
Top Bottom