KCCO’s First Grow In Hydro

Good morning to all. So last night I cut my air by 50%. I also was going to do a res change but I took my dog for a walk and he hurt his paw/leg playing by the river. So no res change was preformed. However since I cut my air 50% the ph only went down to 5.1from 6.0. This was the first time it did not crash over 1 point. I also noticed my ph probe will not calibrate perfect. It is always 0.1 or0.2 off. Not a big deal but this may b a lot of little problems all combined. I will b picking up a new ph probe tonight after work. I will update tonight. Thx everyone play safe

Just finished reading and got all caught up with your journal. Looks like you have the rdwc well in hand with the exception of the PH swings. I have the same problem using General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients along with Cal/Mg and Z7.

I've strayed away from doing res changes every week. I only do 2 res changes through veg and 2 through flower. For the first 4-5 days after a res change my ph will drop about the same as you describe but I only let mine drop to 5.6 and the ph it back up to 6.2-6.3. I'll have to do this several times each day. After 4-5 days (ish) my ph will stabilize at a proper level and then only a minor touch up every few days after that. For the next number of weeks between changes it will remain stable.

You may already have this or something similar, but if not, its a handy little chart to have around.

Just finished reading and got all caught up with your journal. Looks like you have the rdwc well in hand with the exception of the PH swings. I have the same problem using General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients along with Cal/Mg and Z7.

I've strayed away from doing res changes every week. I only do 2 res changes through veg and 2 through flower. For the first 4-5 days after a res change my ph will drop about the same as you describe but I only let mine drop to 5.6 and the ph it back up to 6.2-6.3. I'll have to do this several times each day. After 4-5 days (ish) my ph will stabilize at a proper level and then only a minor touch up every few days after that. For the next number of weeks between changes it will remain stable.

You may already have this or something similar, but if not, its a handy little chart to have around.
There he is.....miss you buddy!

Welcome glad u got in here

. Hey thanks for stopping by. It is good to know that I am not the only one with this ph drop problem. It is also good to know that it will become stable after time. I will definitely slow down on the res changes. This has been making me wonder what the f$&@ I have been doing over here to have this happening lol. My ph is very stable for 24 after the res change. From there on its all down hill. I have done a res change tonight because I had my nutrients mixing since last night. I will run this one for a few weeks. If I am not mistaken you use RO water. When you top up your res do you add any cal mag at all??

Good morning to all. Ph remains stable 8hrs later after the res change with no adjustments. If history repeats itself the numbers should start to crash I about 18 to 24 hrs giving me enough time to go get a new bottle of ph up. I need to buy stocks in this stuff lmao. Play safe everyone

If I am not mistaken you use RO water. When you top up your res do you add any cal mag at all??

Yes, I use RO water. I top up the res every morning and replace what they drank from the day before. I mix my top up water with Cal/Mg, Z7, Micro, Gro and Bloom at the same strength as my res water. I'm always feeding and replacing the nutrients. Thats how I get away with only doing 2 res changes.

I think most people top up with straight water and when the ppm's drop they do as res change and add new strength nutrients. In my case I add the same strength nutrient water every day and monitor to see that the ppm's don't change. If they do start to drop then I know I'm not feeding enough and will increase the strength of the top up water.

Yes, I use RO water. I top up the res every morning and replace what they drank from the day before. I mix my top up water with Cal/Mg, Z7, Micro, Gro and Bloom at the same strength as my res water. I'm always feeding and replacing the nutrients. Thats how I get away with only doing 2 res changes.

I think most people top up with straight water and when the ppm's drop they do as res change and add new strength nutrients. In my case I add the same strength nutrient water every day and monitor to see that the ppm's don't change. If they do start to drop then I know I'm not feeding enough and will increase the strength of the top up water.
. Excellent thanks for answering that question as well as a few more. By the way nice job on the shut off valve device I have on my RDWC system.( I don’t know what u r calling it lol) but it works great. Thanks for the help it is very much appreciated

The bastard woodpecker that got me up this morning has destroyed my tree. These holes r from the last 2 mornings. The som of a bitch is 18 inches tall
Stupid woodpecker what he does not know is I am going skeet shooting in 1 hr and have a shotgun sitting on my table with 2 cases of target loads waiting to b deployed. Lol

Good evening to all. So after a 96 hr marathon of ph adjustments this morning I went in to my grow with my ph up and boom my ph was sitting at 5.8. I said to myself no way. Immediately grabbed my ph pen and placed it beside the probe in my res and they were both 5.8. I adjusted the ph to 6.3 and went to work. 12 hrs later here they r. I think she’s stable
. @Scrogdawg :adore::adore::adore: Thank u. Your prediction of 4 to 5 days for the ph to become stable was bang on. To every one else that helped me:adore::adore::adore: I thank you. I have learned a lot about this RDWC since I joined and am still learning everyday. In my case res change weekly is a bad idea. What can I say I am a noob lol

Congrats on controlling the ph, when do you plan on flipping them?
Sooner than later I hope. I want to give it a week to c if the plants in flower start to grow a little. They have not done much over the past 2 weeks. If they don’t pick up I will pull them and start fresh. The plants in veg r getting big. I don’t want my finished plants taller than 4 feet. I probably started the plants in veg a few weeks too early. Could get interesting lol

NICE......big fan of good news! Youd pull them eh? Whys that.....due to size or their inability to take nutrients?

Back
Top Bottom