KCCO’s First Grow In Hydro

How was your water level in that time ? They still drinking ?

The bubbles from your air pump shouldn't be strong enough to break roots but should break the surface tension in the bucket.
They r drinking 4 or 5L in 12 hrs. The ppm is stable at least it was this morning. The problem is the ph. It has slowed the growth down completely. As well as some major mag deficiencies are showing

Ideally you want them drinking so that's good news!
So with a falling water level and static EC.... the pH still drops. What are the res temp fluctuations like for day/night?
Usually this means you should raise the EC but since you are at the higher end I'd wait and see how it recovers after your res change.
You see effects of deficiency on leaves from 3-4 days ago so its reassuring to see them drink. Slow growth is a result of Mg deficiency

Ideally you want them drinking so that's good news!
So with a falling water level and static EC.... the pH still drops. What are the res temp fluctuations like for day/night?
Usually this means you should raise the EC but since you are at the higher end I'd wait and see how it recovers after your res change.
You see effects of deficiency on leaves from 3-4 days ago so its reassuring to see them drink. Slow growth is a result of Mg deficiency
The temps in the res (Light off) r 65 and(Light on)r 68-72. The problem is keeping the ph high enough so the plants can get the mg. Open to try any thing at this point. Thx

Here r the numbers tonight the ppm actually went down0.1. I know it’s not a lot but it has been 3 weeks since it dropped on its own. Positive sign??? Here is a pic of the res bubbling away. I will turn down the air flow to the res until I get a smaller air stone in there to c if this helps. Plant pics r coming shortly to show the deficiencies.
I will also put up some pics of the plants to show the def
The temps in the res (Light off) r 65 and(Light on)r 68-72. The problem is keeping the ph high enough so the plants can get the mg. Open to try any thing at this point. Thx

No tent I grow in the basement it is not a sealed room at all. Yes the pump is in the grow room. I actually use the temps of my basement to cool my room. If u look at the pics u can c I have everything sitting on 2 in sm R/20 insulation just to keep the res temps correct . I still am running a heater when the lights r off in flower. I use central ac when it gets to warm

Is the air pump in the tent?
Anything and everything can b rearranged over here. The pump pulls a lot of air in. It is almost violent out of the air Stones (almost). The reason the pump is so big is because I want to start up a 8 or 10 bucket system in the fall. I wanted to start small so I thought a 3 bucket would b a good start for the learning curve

Ok good deal, I always leave my air pump outside the grow area
I will keep that in mind if the adjustments I did to the airflow in res tonight don’t work. I mite have res temp issues being to cold if I move the air pump out side the room. Air temp in the basement is 60. Anyways 1 thing at a time I guess lol
The res turned airflow down 60 to 70%

Back
Top Bottom