Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

I think I mentioned when we 1st met that organics is really tough until you get it, but once you get it it becomes really simple, so when you see someone interested you need to help them get there before they give up.

This is very true.. @Savvage61 this is why I don’t mind sharing all of the information I do with you.. You already had rounded the curve on starting to see things more organically and had the interest, that’s the hardest part, breaking the synthetic mindset. From there it’s just being exposed to all of the different information there is.

Flip + 45

We’re rounding the bases and coming into the home stretch. I’ve switched the pure water while I watch how they behave. Majority Veg growth has given way to budding out resembling fox tailing. Trichomes are on everything and the plants are smelling stronger every day. By the looks of things, resin production has really kicked up and the buds should begin solidifying. Fall colors have stepped in, in a few places, and it appears we may have some purpling going on.

DC50ED6F-DDBA-42A1-9F29-1DA99B058959.jpeg

D5AB9A9D-6815-49F7-8FC7-7A32A2AA958E.jpeg

E9B3ED6E-0C36-4622-AA6C-1EA3C101978A.jpeg

D91AEB93-3126-4B9C-8AF5-12B5A8B52F4F.jpeg

ECCB8192-B72E-438A-A930-3FA7BDCC3B49.jpeg

5B36659B-7D16-4AC3-AFDB-B40A40F7BCDA.jpeg

5BB819F3-D942-4E8F-8E95-EC3A8B7FF56E.jpeg

047BB208-08BD-427C-9C35-1BEFFFB62962.jpeg

A0E2891D-4005-47EC-94A1-02F66C3201E4.jpeg

Whoops!
I don't know how that got in here!
I thought I was replying to Captain Lucky!

Lol I just typed out a whole long answer and was about to hit post too 🤣

Any idea what's causing this?
Does/did it have a hole in it, that might have healed over?
F9608257-9109-444B-B1D1-12BF8A3F33E2.jpg
Mel, google "crown galls". I have no idea if that is one or not, but if it is, it sounds detrimental to proper health over the plants lifetime.

Mel, google "crown galls". I have no idea if that is one or not, but if it is, it sounds detrimental to proper health over the plants lifetime.
Thanks, I will look those up, but I posted that here by mistake.
It's one of Captain Lucky's plants. It got bent and formed a knuckle, kind of like what can happen with supercropping.

so is it just a "scar"? I know the post is out of place but I am curious is it going to cause issues eventually or will it be fine?

so is it just a "scar"? I know the post is out of place but I am curious is it going to cause issues eventually or will it be fine?
It'll probably be fine. The plant should grow around it. I can't say for sure since I've never seen supercropping so low on the main stem before unless danishoes has done it.

@Keffka Sorry for the highjack :sorry:

So my original answer to @Melville Hobbes post was it’s one of two things, one more likely than the other.. The more likely is it’s just scarring like you see here:

059803BF-9035-40A1-A765-AE96875ECD85.jpeg

62601A5F-5DD6-4CDE-9F84-EC14043B0C11.jpeg

What it looks like to me based on the support behind it in Mel’s original picture is that the plant fell over or got smashed against the soil line creating the scarring.

The other option is the plants natural hook that sits below the soil line got pushed up above the soil line and the plant adapted by building up scarring in that spot.

The much more unlikely cause would be root nodules being pushed above the soil line. Microbes and myco forming a symbiosis with the plant and forming nodules to protect each others transfers. This is extremely unlikely to have occurred as the nodules usually appear in the roots themselves and/or the taproot.

Based on what the photo shows I’m leaning strongly toward a weak stemmed plant or a plant that got crushed that has formed scar tissue.

If there are no other issues presenting themselves then it’s extremely likely this will just be a pretty strong point on the plant. The herm I tossed out as flower started had a scar growth like that from messing up its LST in seedling and it grew amazingly until it showed itself

Flip +46.. a few days of pure water have shown a few things.. the taller sativa leaning plants started tearing through the leaves looking for calcium and magnesium as seen here
35BB85A7-91C9-43AB-BD31-BBFFE7E7AAA7.jpeg
B56FB372-EAEF-42A7-8B1C-255B7AD8897A.jpeg

So they got put back on 40 ppms of calmag

The indica leaning didn’t take as much of a hit as seen here

26F911F0-944C-4719-8934-70108D166E1E.jpeg

I gave the indica 40 ppms without even thinking about it but I think I’m just gonna stop the calmag for that one.. I expected a 60-65 day flower on the indica lean and the fact that 98% less of its leaves were effected by the pure water I think it’s time to sunset it.

With as hard as I’ve pushed these plants in these pots it’s no surprise they’re starting to sputter a bit so I cooked up a tea..

I went with:

1 gal pure water
1/4 tsp calmag (non chelated)
1 tsp Stonington plant food (alfalfa, kelp, etc.)
1/2 tbsp molasses
1/4 tsp bloom dry fert
1/4 Cup EWC

Aerated it for 24 hours at 74F.. it’s ready to go.. I will add 1 gallon of pure water to this tea when I’m ready to drench the plants with it. When it comes to a tea, I will water first, then when everyone is good and watered I’ll come back through with the tea and drench the soil as thoroughly as possible. I want tea to touch every millimeter within the pot.

Nothing too major for the plants since we’re round the corner on harvest. Just want to give them a little extra oomph for their final swell and resin push. It stinks in the room. Due to the attic being uninsulated the smell doesn’t permeate the house as badly as one would expect. This is fine by me, however I think I’m gonna pickup some insulation for the attic. Growing in this space in the summer is going to see me exceeding 85F with high humidity regularly and will be much more difficult to control than the winter weather was.

Way to keep on it Keffka! They both look happy as it gets!

They grew better than I expected, and are finishing far better than I originally anticipated. I believe I’m pushing the upper limits of what can be accomplished with bagseed which was the intent so I am definitely pleased. There’s no doubt this will be even better than the first journal. The trichomes and smells I’m experiencing dwarf the first round.

3BBC9B46-ED36-4892-951E-5F88394FD4F2.jpeg

ADBF3B1F-800A-4E1E-9DDB-2DBC81290261.jpeg

2D7DC105-A314-480D-9FCB-1A8FCD3B7EFF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom