Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

Swelling and smelling

B5070F66-8008-4F83-AD0E-6CF8B84EDA25.jpeg

8FE3E41B-2074-4E6F-A518-72A902620A0D.jpeg

BE71231E-EED4-488A-9B34-4CFF6F83CB2D.jpeg

15722517-7EDA-4B06-AF33-0519BB127A8B.jpeg

E5A14E20-92E0-4E8F-84B0-E0AE98B97B95.jpeg

FF15623A-FFB0-4419-A731-F6C588BF8B46.jpeg

This is where it’s gonna get tricky.. temps are supposed to go up to 67f today then next week they’ll hit mid 70s and 80s.. In the attic, the temps can soar as much as 20-30 degrees higher than outside and I am 2-4 weeks from harvest. I have an AC unit I can use to cool things down in an emergency but the timing on it and where it gets placed are both going to be something I’ve gotta plan out.

The window in the attic is from the 50s and hasn’t been replaced so my unit won’t fit there. I’ll have to put it in the adjoining bedroom and setup fans to guide the air flow in.. I may look into getting a few strips of insulation I can toss up in a hurry this weekend. The last time I priced insulation was in the middle of the pandemic so I’m hoping prices came down a little bit but I’m fairly certain it’s still gonna be a bit of a cost.

The number one thing I battle more than anything else in the attic is temperature. I don’t even mind the bouts of humidity because I’ve got 4 fans in the room, but the temps are wily and not as easily fixed with a simple fan.

My AC units are 18k BTUs.. largest size I can go before I need a 240 V outlet.. perhaps a smaller unit for the attic window will help. However that’s gonna require me finding another circuit to use or removing my heater and using that circuit. I’ll have to price out what’s cheaper. A new, smaller unit, or insulation.

This is where it’s gonna get tricky.. temps are supposed to go up to 67f today then next week they’ll hit mid 70s and 80s.. In the attic, the temps can soar as much as 20-30 degrees higher than outside and I am 2-4 weeks from harvest. I have an AC unit I can use to cool things down in an emergency but the timing on it and where it gets placed are both going to be something I’ve gotta plan out.

The window in the attic is from the 50s and hasn’t been replaced so my unit won’t fit there. I’ll have to put it in the adjoining bedroom and setup fans to guide the air flow in.. I may look into getting a few strips of insulation I can toss up in a hurry this weekend. The last time I priced insulation was in the middle of the pandemic so I’m hoping prices came down a little bit but I’m fairly certain it’s still gonna be a bit of a cost.

The number one thing I battle more than anything else in the attic is temperature. I don’t even mind the bouts of humidity because I’ve got 4 fans in the room, but the temps are wily and not as easily fixed with a simple fan.

My AC units are 18k BTUs.. largest size I can go before I need a 240 V outlet.. perhaps a smaller unit for the attic window will help. However that’s gonna require me finding another circuit to use or removing my heater and using that circuit. I’ll have to price out what’s cheaper. A new, smaller unit, or insulation.
Can you increase airflow thru the attic from the shady cooler side of the house exhausting out the hotter side and get the temperature down to the ambient outside temps?

Can you increase airflow thru the attic from the shady cooler side of the house exhausting out the hotter side and get the temperature down to the ambient outside temps?

Yep, that’s step 1 in the emergency temperature reaction process. I try to keep the temperature down by using airflow as much as possible. This works pretty well until about 2 pm. The house is shaded for the majority of the morning, however once afternoon sets in and the sun is further across the sky it starts baking on the roof.

I live in a bungalow style house. No basement. A first floor, then the second floor is just one big room with the attic attached. The afternoon is where it gets dicey

Yep, that’s step 1 in the emergency temperature reaction process. I try to keep the temperature down by using airflow as much as possible. This works pretty well until about 2 pm. The house is shaded for the majority of the morning, however once afternoon sets in and the sun is further across the sky it starts baking on the roof.

I live in a bungalow style house. No basement. A first floor, then the second floor is just one big room with the attic attached. The afternoon is where it gets dicey
sprinkler on the roof?

Flip +50.. everything looks real good.. buds are getting harder and Calyxes are swelling by the hour. I’ve started the clock on the indica and smaller sativa.. they’re both showing a lot of cloudy trichomes with a spattering of clear throughout so the timing should land them right around 64 days. The taller one still has quite a few clear so it may need an extra week or so. We’ll see.

Any chance of putting a big exhaust fan in a window? They move a lot of air and might be able to keep the temperature down. CL🍀

Looks like you still have a lot of white stigmas there.
Are they foxtailing?

It’s probably the light washing out my images.. none of the stigmas are white any more, they’ve all gone to yellowish at least.. the orange ones are hard to see as well. I haven’t seen any foxtailing yet, just swelling and chunking. Every time I think I see foxtailing the rest of the bud catches up with the chunking.

Any chance of putting a big exhaust fan in a window? They move a lot of air and might be able to keep the temperature down. CL🍀

I’ve got one in the attic.. I go back and forth about its effectiveness. Some times it seems to work some times it doesn’t. I may move it around upstairs to see if I can get some better pull. The cooler I can keep the upstairs period, the cooler the attic stays.

A couple closer shots with different lighting
6F41899B-2106-465E-944F-7CE7747EC450.jpeg
A769CD26-F219-489C-837E-CF68BC59C249.jpeg
FD098C69-57F0-4824-9618-07F64A426ADD.jpeg

A couple comparison shots
7DDA0512-AEBA-40BA-8DF9-A1F9C9DAAC09.jpeg
EBC3CD35-8DE7-4AB5-823C-82BC7E96DFAC.jpeg

And the rest of the random shots I took

0B439B46-75E5-4AD3-BB4E-F78B5CC2DFC1.jpeg

4C9BE990-73B2-42A1-9E49-4FB60B76C59B.jpeg

3548440C-A12B-49EE-B21A-DCA651CD34B0.jpeg

B52B5E9D-8D90-4916-8958-6BF0D8280E0E.jpeg
Pics still look like 3 more weeks to me, but I'm not there seeing them in person.
They do look nice and healthy though.

Pics still look like 3 more weeks to me, but I'm not there seeing them in person.

We’ll see how they’re doing in a couple weeks. Once I’m in flower I’m on their clock, not mine, so if they look like they’ve still got some time left I’ll let them go. I’m not gonna harvest early just to meet a count or a schedule. Some of the most important growth of the entire grow happens in these last few weeks, as you know of course.

I'll co-sign this. Healthy as hell, 3 more weeks of winter.

Flip +52 dump

Looking stinky!

Lol they’re so stinky my oldest asked “why does it smell like that?” I responded with
“because that’s what weed smells like”

I hated being lied to as a kid.. I hated it even more when I knew I was being lied to. One thing that made stuff more interesting than it actually was, was adults constantly lying about everything. From Santa all the way to “one marijuana and you’ll be a drug addict street pusher”, there was no telling whether adults were full of shit or being truthful.

So instead I just tell my kids the truth about everything. It’s tough because I often find myself having to explain why other kids are being lied to or believe in make believe stuff, but it’s made for some great conversations and teaching moments. It may take a little more time on the front end but my kids will be far better prepared for reality and adulthood than most.

Got trichomes going amber.. I’m gonna try @Gee64 method and follow the trichomes. At this rate it’s gonna fall right at or in between 2-3 weeks.

3F707A09-4FBC-4CDE-A65D-E3CCB867E05D.jpeg

I also just now realized looking at this picture how to use my macro lens lol. I should stop zooming in on my camera and just shoot the clearest image I can get. Then when I’ve got the actual image, I can crop it or zoom in for better detail. I’m gonna try another shot here in a minute with this new understanding.

Back
Top Bottom