KushMeister's First Grow, Kandy Kush, SleeSkunk, Haze

Update: Day 43 of DLS

Just before lights out this evening, I was checking out the girls. I was sitting on the floor in the doorway with my reading glasses on so I could get a good look at the underside of all the buds. I saw some funny looking flowers on Kandy, nothing unusual with this plant, but these didn't look good. I reached in to feel it and my finger tips came out covered in pollen! Shit! A fucking hermie!

kk_herm1.jpg
kk_herm2.jpg

Long story short, I immediately pulled her out of the closet and had her cut down and trimmed in an hour. I found a few more suspicious flowers/sacks while trimming that were disposed of right away. I hope I caught it before the Sleeskunk got pollinated. The majority of the buds looked OK. Though obviously immature, I've had a couple samples of her before, she is definitely smoke-able. I had one and a half good hits of finger hash, and it's making writing this post interesting.

Here's a few shots after the trim job.

kk_buds.jpg
kk_bud.jpg
kk_buds3.jpg

kk_bud_closeup.jpg

Final wet weight was 44 grams (1.55 oz). Plus a paper lunch bag of trim leaves and super small buds in the freezer getting cold for future hash production.

kk_buds2.jpg

Edit: Sorry for the blurry pictures!

Veg Room Update.

Here's a little insulated greenhouse I helped my wife make for seedlings. I made the wood frame and she wrapped it with some of the leftover insulation from the flower room and topped it with clear heat-shrink window covering. It's 12"x24"x24".

In the first shot you can see a 11"x22" Rapid Rooter seedling tray and three little pots were I just started germinating 1 Medi-Bud, 1 Chemdawg and 1 Afghan Kush seed yesterday. The box is wide enough for two T5s and there's a heating pad under the seedling tray keeping things warm.
greenhouse7.jpg

The next shot is my new (used) T5 I picked up at the Hydro shop yesterday for $65. Normally they're $150 new, so I think I did pretty good on that purchase.

T57.jpg

I'm planning on building a new insulated box for my seedlings/veg girls so my wife can have her's back for starting veggies. It'll be without the plastic cover, taller and just long and wide enough to fit the new T5 down inside. I can adjust the T5 up as the girls get bigger and completely up and out for feeding and watering.

Likin' it Kush...I :love:DIY...Sorry about the hermie...been there, done that....if it hadn't...no MMMF:thedoubletake:

:hmmmm: Yeah, I may have to come up with a catchy name for a Kand Kush x Sleeskunk. That's a Trainwreck x OG Kush x Sleestack x Skunk. Kandy Skunk? Any ideas anybody?

love the thread.
*My first post on this forum*
And I am glad to post here.
I applaud your awareness and true care for your plants.
I am planning on setting up a grow soon, and just by reading your thread, I have learned a lot of interesting tips.
I plan on posting my thread once I begin as well.
But like I said, great work and good luck with the rest of the process.

love the thread.
*My first post on this forum*
And I am glad to post here.
I applaud your awareness and true care for your plants.
I am planning on setting up a grow soon, and just by reading your thread, I have learned a lot of interesting tips.
I plan on posting my thread once I begin as well.
But like I said, great work and good luck with the rest of the process.

Right on my friend! Thanks for the kind words!

You came to the right place if you want to learn about growing your own meds. :420: is a great community. I've learned so much from the friendly folks here.

Starting a grow journal is an excellent way to get people to help out with your particular questions, from setting up your grow room, to vegging, or harvesting, you name it.

Anyway, welcome to 420mag!

:hmmmm: Yeah, I may have to come up with a catchy name for a Kand Kush x Sleeskunk. That's a Trainwreck x OG Kush x Sleestack x Skunk. Kandy Skunk? Any ideas anybody?

Say what? :ganjamon:

Veg Room Update.

Here's a little insulated greenhouse I helped my wife make for seedlings. I made the wood frame and she wrapped it with some of the leftover insulation from the flower room and topped it with clear heat-shrink window covering. It's 12"x24"x24".

In the first shot you can see a 11"x22" Rapid Rooter seedling tray and three little pots were I just started germinating 1 Medi-Bud, 1 Chemdawg and 1 Afghan Kush seed yesterday. The box is wide enough for two T5s and there's a heating pad under the seedling tray keeping things warm.
greenhouse7.jpg

The next shot is my new (used) T5 I picked up at the Hydro shop yesterday for $65. Normally they're $150 new, so I think I did pretty good on that purchase.

T57.jpg

I'm planning on building a new insulated box for my seedlings/veg girls so my wife can have her's back for starting veggies. It'll be without the plastic cover, taller and just long and wide enough to fit the new T5 down inside. I can adjust the T5 up as the girls get bigger and completely up and out for feeding and watering.

Great DIY KushMeister. Really nice work!:high-five:

Sorry about the hermi......looks like things turned out OK!

Back
Top Bottom