Kwazulu - Rafa - Grow #2 - CFL

Re: Kwazulu/Rafa - Grow#2 - CFL - Blue Planet Nutrients

I entered last month. I got a couple votes I think. I will def be posting my THC-Bomb #2 in POTM and I'll figure something out for NOTM. So many great growers and great entries. Fun times :) One day I shall win, I will be a champion :) rawr.

Thanks DP- Are you going to enter?

you know you 2litre pop bottle grow, and you have got the bottle cut in half then turned upside down and the top placed inside the bottom, so is the idea with that to water from the top and let it drain out the bottom which is the lid of the bottle, and the part you can see the roots growing out of, so the roots grow through the top of the upside down bottle into the bottom part, now does the bottom part that has only got the roots in have holes in it and thats why its in the tray,

how does it work and what does it achieve, do you water from the top and leave water in the bottom that the roots suck up, never seen it before, just wondered what the method in the madness was,

Dude, I've been wanting to do a Kwazulu so bad, but I was gonna try and use up some the seeds I have already. will be watching intently.

you know you 2litre pop bottle grow, and you have got the bottle cut in half then turned upside down and the top placed inside the bottom, so is the idea with that to water from the top and let it drain out the bottom which is the lid of the bottle, and the part you can see the roots growing out of, so the roots grow through the top of the upside down bottle into the bottom part, now does the bottom part that has only got the roots in have holes in it and thats why its in the tray,

how does it work and what does it achieve, do you water from the top and leave water in the bottom that the roots suck up, never seen it before, just wondered what the method in the madness was,

You essentially got it there at the end. It's just a preventative measure from getting Perlite mixed in with my run off water. Keeps it more clean. I also have hemp rope bunched up where the upside down bottle top's cap is. Water soaks up the rope and helps keep moisture above too. However, roots are growing like madmen and they say " We do what we want" It's pretty cool looking. Very healthy plant. Excited as ever.

Forget where I learn these things. I know Mgreen/BID/12Twelve/Miwa had early influences on my growing. Just keep learning and teaching others. Eventually we all will be pro status. :)

Dude, I've been wanting to do a Kwazulu so bad, but I was gonna try and use up some the seeds I have already. will be watching intently.

Awesome bro - Glad my journal can be of use to you. It's a great plant so far. I can't wait. Me so excited.

the seeds seem a reasonable price as well, 10 seeds for 20 quid, bargain at that price, might even be tempted by that

For sure. My main reason was I want to find a pure sativa. Jack Herer is the only ones I know of personally that are close to pure sativa. Some experts advice is very much welcomed. I just picked up some Sage today from a dispensary. Great stuff. I now have a selection in front of me that is just awesome. Sage / Sour Diesel / Super Silver Haze / Blue Dream / Orange Crush / Skywalker / Trainwreck. I've never been so lifted in my life dude. Bong Rips every 20 minutes. Great tunes. Great weather with a nice breeze and a bunch of beautiful plants growing. My beautiful girlfriend. :D The good life. anyways broski's I just made a veggie burger and it's chow time.nomnomnom. PEACE

enjoy mate, might even try the bottle idea myself, as for sativas, i loved jack flash, such a tangy fruity smell and nice tangy smoke, a sort of cat piss smell to it but in a nice fruity way,

cant beat a sativa on a nice hot day near a beach and a bottle of your favourite lager, cant beat it, then go n chill at home with a nice bit of indica and sink into the sofa and enjoy the rest of the night

Looking good LV, subbed.

Thanks for your time HMG - Your Grows are top notch - Hope you Enjoy :D

I hear you guys - it is nice to apparently have a pure sativa to work with. I have 3 seeds. I am saving the other 2 after this grow to see how it all goes and how the smoke is.

I might be working on an update with some pictures tonight. Some great growth over the past few days that I want to show.

BPN so far has been great! I haven't had the opportunity to try other nutrients other than BPN and Fox Farm Trio - I have been feeding already at 100% and have no burns and the growth is just insane. It could be the sativa or the nutes or the hempies. This is my second grow and my first grow in non-soil. All is going great though! Peace

WEEK 3 Flowering Picture Update. All goes well :)

WEEK4_11.jpg

WEEK4_21.jpg

WEEK4_12.jpg

WEEK4_22.jpg

WEEK4_3.jpg

WEEK4_4.jpg

WEEK4_5.jpg

WEEK4_6.jpg

WEEK4_7.jpg

hey LV long time no see. I saw u doing a lot of tying do you have any suggestions on tying for my baby? I want these nodes to take off, and I was told not to clip.

Anything would be highly appreciated. BTW THINGS ARE LOOKING SUPURB OVER HERE! :Namaste:

their only at week 3, looking good mate, if mine are showing like that at week 3 ill be chuffed.
could i just ask, when you turned the lights to 12-12, how long did it take to show sex, and was the plants mature before you went to 12-12

hey LV long time no see. I saw u doing a lot of tying do you have any suggestions on tying for my baby? I want these nodes to take off, and I was told not to clip.

Anything would be highly appreciated. BTW THINGS ARE LOOKING SUPURB OVER HERE! :Namaste:

I checked it out bro - great looking :) I gave my 2cents but I think your doing great!

their only at week 3, looking good mate, if mine are showing like that at week 3 ill be chuffed.
could i just ask, when you turned the lights to 12-12, how long did it take to show sex, and was the plants mature before you went to 12-12

Rafa took 4 days - this was a clone from a dispensary. I vegged for around 2-3 months from a small cutling clone.

Kwazulu took 9 days - was feminized seed. I vegged her for 3 weeks from seed. So Kwazulu is actually only around 6-7weeks total. Very good growth. Insane if you ask me during a couple weeks there. I went from having a smaller plant that I didn't want to trim to a beast that I barely could maintain. I LIKE IT!

Yeah compared to the THC-Bomb from my last Grow, it's really amazing watching this unknown "Rafa" Strain take off. Kwazulu is just growing like a beast. Every single day I have to adjust Kwazulu around so that the leaves don't poke the lights. It's rough when one moment they are just meh - then the next moment their like WEEEEEEEE reaching up to the light. Price I pay for keeping them so close to the lights, Some buds are within an inch of a light and as long as I have a fan on it moving that hot air they seem to be loving it.

Everything looking top notch - Still feeding with 100% - Temps have been mid 70's to low 80's.

Peace everyone

did you get more growth with the lights really close during veg, or did the plants gain more height with the lights further away, im using cfls and im trying to figure out of having the lights so close to the top of the plants stunted growth or was my problem something else, i messed up a fim and ended up topping as it stopped all growth, so now im trying to work out whats best when thinking of light height, am i going to get taller plants if the lights are further away from the plants, or does this slow down growth as their is less light, im really not sure,

Double edged sword - Depends on your conditions. You have height so 3 inches away is great. Remember CFLS have very bad penetration depth. You can't have the same distance like other grows with HPS or other more powerful lights.

thanks, im just not sure whats best to make my plants get taller, i mean at the moment ive got loads of branches and i tie all the big leaves back and train the branches so the new nodes are in the light and this has been working well, im just unsure if if doing the best i can to get more height out of the plants, does keeping the lights say within an inch of the top of the plant make it grow upwards more than i light that was say 5 inches away,

Back
Top Bottom