LA's Auto Training!

re: LA's Auto Training!

Spart, I ran just autos for about 3 years when they were quite new and unstable. To get where I ended up with good yields, I must have had 5/6 big tent runs that most hermied on me! Then loads of just a couple at a time and still suffered with loss and bother.
It took me a long time to dial everything in and get successful. So please dont worry it took me an age! :)

yttocs1010 :) :) :) Hows it going my friend! Aint seen you in a while! Hope all is good and green in your world! Personally so far I'm really liking the Exhale bags! So much so, Ive asked my friends at exhale to send me some more lol. :)
Really great folk and a simple product :)

To me an auto should always hit 5 oz. That's the bigger lot though. They used to be called super autos by the seed banks. Basically just the larger auto girls is all.
For the small you should still hit well over 3 with ease! :)

My best numbers were 10.5 and 8.5 off DP think different autos! They really liked training and get big! :)

You can be sure someones a good grower when there 100% about getting 3oz or more of an auto:laughtwo: :goodjob:
Most i got so far is a very small 7g and not the best. dont know why but they never pump them self with flower spots or loads of branches as i usually see on here. But i do belive they love HPS lights for the buds, iv seen great palnts under them. And as for led im only new with a pannel, but iv seen it been done vvery well under them too :D
That great yielding L.A, evey time iv tryed nutes on autos they burn even with tiny amounts 1/4 stenth fair play :)

Thats true let them suck evey bit of life out of the fans, i have seen a coupe around stay fairly green tho with ambering trichs, (basically done) not many tho live long. That what i think might be a little better with these other Fast Versions seeds there cloneable so theres a couple of +'s.:) I always wondered about the ruderalis side of it. Iv seen some saying 20% of canadian ruderals some with afghan ruderals and some with skunk im not what the difference is but i think a while ago there was 10% ruderalis in autos and now its 20% with most :D

My last harvest from an auto red poison that had the green phenotype not bad smoke tho and a real fruity smell throughout the grow
Normal sized Zippo :rollit:

I am totallllyyyy subbed up for this ride!!!! Packed my Pax & gonna enjoyyyy this!!!! :volcano-smiley:

So putting them in a large pot early give you more time to train them since the taproot and associated roots take longer to dig in? Thanks LA and good morning! :)

Hey buddy and good day to you my fine fellow! :)

OK to me auto's don't like being potted up much. So I normally go straight to their final home as it were. Yet mine are just babies at the moment and will indeed be potted up soon to final big pots.
The thing I was saying does not really relate to training as such. In a bigger home the foliage takes a little longer to form when a baby as like I said at first all the work is going on below ground.
If you had em in a smaller home you would indeed get a bit more foliage on a quicker timeline. yet you will stunt the overall growth more than likely.
So its not about the training of em as such! :)

i don't know how i missed this one LA

another great experiment, you are truly a blessing to this community for putting so much on the table

i hope you dont mind if i ride along, it seems really intresting and i cant wait to see how your project turns out :)

best of luck and good wishes :love:

Hey 420brother and welcome!

Thanks for your words!
To me this is what makes 420 sooo special. You don't get knocked down for trying sharing and possibly failing to hit your targets.
I love experiments, can't abide repeating the same old thing.
Ill always put myself out there and try stuff. If I fail then its a win for everyone else, as in at least they know then what works and what doesn't! :) hell the bud is secondary for me, its the growing of the plant I love, the relationship to your plants is what its about for me!
So yep its never a fail on 420, just excellent learning info for others.

I'm not sure but I'm guessing its quite different on lesser more clicky MJ forums!

420 is my home and your all my family. :)

Anyway looks like ill drop more auto beans soon. I don't like how long mine are taking under LED. So I want another batch under just cfls for comparison! !

Best of buds and much love to ya all :)

thats very intresting stuff man, so you're just gonna LST them or are you gonna try even more stressful things on them?

like have a batch of autos and maybe lst this supercrop that and top some of them, you know spread training techs between them and see what works best for an auto and what not.

you really are correct about 420 being the best community out there, and yeah some of us consider it our digital home, it's the people who make it feel like that, always so nice and supportive nomatter what.

i'm also doing an experiment about defoliation in flower, i tried it once and i liked it then i did it again and again .. but on the same grow lol, now im trying to find that sweet spot where you can take out just enough fan leaves so the plant still has enough to not die but at the same time defol it within an inche of that line, cause first time i tried it i obviously saw a huge difference on my bud sites, they got a lot bigger, and everytime i kept pulling out fan leaves the buds were getting bigger, i know that if i pluck them all out it will just die, im just trying to see it through and get to the point where the plant will forgive me and survive, after that it will thrive for awesomeness :)

drop by anytime to say hi, we'd love to have you over :ciao:

Ha I've got a thread for you lol. Check bassmans thread out, he was an awesome grower when I hit 420. He did loads on Defol and is who I worked my ways from. I think his handle was Bassman59 . If you can't find it I believe Renegade has a link in his sig for it! :)

I'd post a link but on my phone at work. Sunbathing on my Car park, singing my head off to the radio and having 420 time :)

Then yep my autos will ha e a complete mix of stuff thrown at em. From fluxing to light LST, also HST. Everything just to see how they react. As said bud ain't my goal just good info! :) if I get a butt load of bud its a bonus lol.

Ill pop over to you in a sec, thanks for the invite! :)

Hey LA. Hope you're having a great day. I'll just take that seat in the back if you don't mind. Love your journals and your generosity in sharing your talents! This is just an awesome bunch of folks here on 420 mag. I checked out another forum just out of curiosity, and lasted about 5 minutes. Bunch of kids - think they know everything - bah! On here i see respect between the members and love for our plants. And you my friend are the principal provider of plant proliferation perfection!

Hey guy! Since I don't know ya yet :p I, like sooo many I see, have really admired your style and variety of training/mainlining tecs. plus your fearlessness to experiment with them as well. But eny way I def. do not mean to hijack here at all; so hope you don't mind me adding something about auto's for some of your more inexperienced viewers/fans. But it also took me about 4-5 runs I would say with Auto's, as well, to finally figure them out (to get up to their potential yields). I even tried the very first Original Low Rider #1 back in the day. The potency was crap tho ha-ha and yields were terrible to be honest at the time! Autos have come a tremendous way since then luckily.... The very biggest and most important keys by far I have found/discovered (for maxing yields) is not messing around at all with your pot/container size including transplanting pref. not even. Meaning get them in to a larger pots ASAP (5gal plus/7 max. or 18 plus in liters) the longer they stay in smaller containers the more likely they will flower sooner then you'd like (ifff you are trying to go for better yields/larger sized). Also I neverrrr transplant them more then once or it stunts them too much (as they only have a limited time to veg/grow you do not have any time to waist on shock; again if you want the best yields). I will start mine in pellets/pods/or smaller seedling containers and onlyyy allow them to be in those for 1-6 days TOPS!!! (id even say its actually besttt to start them in 5gal plus pots right of the hop and avoid transplanting altogether actually). Then I careeefullly as possible drop them into my pot or if outdoor (in-ground) into the ground right away thereafter. This is obvious and well known to experienced Auto growers (or hardcore researchers) but I noticed not so known by first timers; just thought Id share those key points since I have not got to them yet on my journal in progress. Hope this was K with you L.A. I will keep my opinions out for here on as this is your thread of course. Good luck with this one b the way!!!

Hey guy! Since I don't know ya yet :p I, like sooo many I see, have really admired your style and variety of training/mainlining tecs. plus your fearlessness to experiment with them as well. But eny way I def. do not mean to hijack here at all; so hope you don't mind me adding something about auto's for some of your more inexperienced viewers/fans. But it also took me about 4-5 runs I would say with Auto's, as well, to finally figure them out (to get up to their potential yields). I even tried the very first Original Low Rider #1 back in the day. The potency was crap tho ha-ha and yields were terrible to be honest at the time! Autos have come a tremendous way since then luckily.... The very biggest and most important keys by far I have found/discovered (for maxing yields) is not messing around at all with your pot/container size including transplanting pref. not even. Meaning get them in to a larger pots ASAP (5gal plus/7 max. or 18 plus in liters) the longer they stay in smaller containers the more likely they will flower sooner then you'd like (ifff you are trying to go for better yields/larger sized). Also I neverrrr transplant them more then once or it stunts them too much (as they only have a limited time to veg/grow you do not have any time to waist on shock; again if you want the best yields). I will start mine in pellets/pods/or smaller seedling containers and onlyyy allow them to be in those for 1-6 days TOPS!!! (id even say its actually besttt to start them in 5gal plus pots right of the hop and avoid transplanting altogether actually). Then I careeefullly as possible drop them into my pot or if outdoor (in-ground) into the ground right away thereafter. This is obvious and well known to experienced Auto growers (or hardcore researchers) but I noticed not so known by first timers; just thought Id share those key points since I have not got to them yet on my journal in progress. Hope this was K with you L.A. I will keep my opinions out for here on as this is your thread of course. Good luck with this one b the way!!!

Some really good info there mate! I'm a massive advocate for the big pot start, 20 liters is the smallest I go for a nice sized plant.

Plenty of light for these auto's too.

Just my thoughts :)

I usually leave em in the jiffy pods for 2-3 days depending on the growth speen then when i go to put em in the final pot I prepear an extra bunch of coco/perlite to put around original pod to make a kinda lack of nutes buffing zone then i take the "screen" off the pod and give about a cup of water a day only on the coco. Seedlings look pretty funny in a 25l pot.

Back
Top Bottom