LA's Auto Training!

re: LA's Auto Training!

i did before some research about pot size with autos, turns out they thrive in 5 gallon fabric pots, anything above that could be an overkill and anything below could be small for some phenotypes.

i've never done an auto before, if i would do one right now, from the info people that excel in growing them gave me, i'd go with 5 gal fabric pots and watering from the bottom.

just throwing my 0,02$ out there tho, i'm definitely going to enjoy this project a lot nevertheless, always nice watching LA doing his thing :)

Well we also now have an auto Dedoverde Haze in a 5 gal cloth pot on its own under CFL! :) Lets see where this one goes when compared against the LED lot :)

Wow! Very interesting strain lineage with this One. Californian haze x amnesia its making my eyes red and my brain tingle just thinking about it :drool:

My results should stretch all the way from poor to really good, as I'm trying to show every factor here. I think I've got like 8 or so autos going at moment. Some will have smaller pots, Some wont ever get transplanted. Then with training I'm going to using different ways on each plant.
I'm also going to let this journal go for ages as I have lots to try and see what works and what doesn't. Plus once I have an idea of which of my strains works the best under training then ill go again attacking them proper hard with my training hand lol.
Also I may do a hps run to compare against LED. Mainly due to my old successes with autos being under hps! So far I'm not liking them under LED. Seems like a very slow start??

So yep ill experiment like crazy and then to finish this thread up ill go totally my old ways with them to hopefully show everyone that if done right training em can work well! :) Either way I should prove or disprove a few little things with autos! :)

Also I may do a hps run to compare against LED. Mainly due to my old successes with autos being under hps! So far I'm not liking them under LED. Seems like a very slow start??

Do you have any interest or experience with hydro? I've got some autos nearing 3 weeks old under a 600w HPS and in NFT and they seem to be loving it and have really picked up the pace. Would be interested in seeing any comparisons you can be arsed doing though:lot-o-toke:

Not sure if putting more pressure on them would work but being to control the exact in take of co2 and oxygen and even pressures of the surround air would be cool. You would probably need to develop a stronger strain so the cell membranes of the actual plant wouldn't be collapsing on itself... but that sounds like some crazy gean slicing buds

Not sure if putting more pressure on them would work but being to control the exact in take of co2 and oxygen and even pressures of the surround air would be cool. You would probably need to develop a stronger strain so the cell membranes of the actual plant wouldn't be collapsing on itself... but that sounds like some crazy gean slicing buds

To try it I want a grow room that looks like a bouncy castle you can go inside lol :) I gather some research has been done at reduced pressures for space exploration or whatever but since living and breathing things tend to do better at sea level than up mountains increasing pressure might help them do even better.

The more pressure that harder it would be for germination and in space you can always just pressurisé the "greenhouse". The real problem in space is that the water molecular aren't suspended by gravity. The higher pressure would make more of a squeezing feeling on the roots which would make for smaller root systems. By all rights you should be able to test different pressure on the roots by using a kinda deep sea tank (the aquarium they use to keep deep sea fish alive in) and it is feasible for the additional pressure to "force" the up take of nutrients.

The more pressure that harder it would be for germination and in space you can always just pressurisé the "greenhouse". The real problem in space is that the water molecular aren't suspended by gravity. The higher pressure would make more of a squeezing feeling on the roots which would make for smaller root systems. By all rights you should be able to test different pressure on the roots by using a kinda deep sea tank (the aquarium they use to keep deep sea fish alive in) and it is feasible for the additional pressure to "force" the up take of nutrients.

Well I think I'll try to get the hang of 1g and 1atm before I get to any of that but with everything inside the growroom at the same pressure it would be an experiment to see if higher pressures can result in greater levels of exchange.....not so much forcing stuff in but there being more stuff creating more opportunities for the plant to find what it needs. In computing terms I think of it as bigger faster buses that can deliver more processing power but haven't a clue if it would pan out that way. Selectively breeding plants that thrive in such an environment could make for an interesting long-term project.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the time and resources to try out all these silly ideas lol :)

Sorry for the tangent LA. But at least I've now heard of and looked up those Alien hydro systems....I'm just using the smallest and cheapest NFT tanks my local store sells but as you've probably gathered by now am keen to experiment with other mediums.

Hey LA, hope you're having a great week :)
I just spent about 30 minutes reading your journal since my last check, it was 30 minutes of learning. Loving the idea of experimenting, I already experimented two different techniques on mine (give it a look if you have time :) )
good luck for the future bro, I will pass by as often as possible !

I'm in... Interesting to see if training autos is worth it... I got 2 oz per plant on my first grow with em...
Wanna know if it's worth it, check my thread sir :)
i did before some research about pot size with autos, turns out they thrive in 5 gallon fabric pots, anything above that could be an overkill and anything below could be small for some phenotypes.
Whaaat? I am currently having a 11L pot with my auto and it works fine. Don't think there is such thing as an "overkill".. However 420brother is prob right for some phenotypes

:peacetwo:

Subbed! I've been searching the net aimlessly for auto training results but today your thread popped up in the results! and by none other than LA! :yahoo:
All your other tutorials have been great so I'll be lurking along for this one! Excited to see your results!

Back
Top Bottom