LL'sBestGo's: Variety Pro-Mix HP LED Grow

Day 28
20201116_153535.jpg

The plants seem to be responding well to the nutrients, & are rising up for the light. I suspect they are coming out of prior issues, & starting to grow faster. No more aphids anymore. I'm going to allow the Mystery seed to grow more without training until I can gain leverage over some of the branches that are growing.
Day 30
Lemon Sour Diesel
20201118_102132.jpg
OG #7
20201118_102137.jpg
Blueberry
20201118_102145.jpg
Mystery seed
20201118_102204.jpg
Full tent
20201118_094945.jpg

Thanks, it's my first time growing blueberry it caught my attention since it's a cannabis cup winner & quality strain + that blueberry.:p It's of the dj short's variety is what I read before getting it.
They aren't exactly going as fast as I expected them to though, 30 days & only this far along. It feels like the vegetative growth is just starting really. I'm sure it can be done better from the start, but oh well hopefully it's a quality finish.

@welcome to the journal section @LLsBestGo
I like how you are creating the tables and making the journal fun to read.
What is you water ph level at? I asked that because i used ProMix Hp with mega crop nutrients and i didnt have to ph my water. However, my tap water ph is at 7.04 and when i do a slurry mixture of the soil to find out my ph was at 6sih

maybe that issue you had was a cause of a ph, but im glad thats fixed now.

My tap changes from time to time it's Ph usually at 7.5 - 8.5, it's typically been around 8.0 if I let it sit. I think they recently treated the resevoir near where I live, seems like it's decreased somewhat since the summer.

I've got some ph up & down mixed in 1 gallon jugs that I use to adjust the Ph to 6.5 after adding nutrients to the tap water or when using tap water.

After adding nutrients I've mostly only had to use the Ph up mix to compensate for the acidity of the nutrients since they bring it down to about a Ph 5.5. I add Ph up mix Bit by bit till It's @ a steady Ph of 6.5.

I had some aphids earlier somewhat & yeah I'm thinking Ph also contributed. The clones may have had some bad root bacteria as well starting off. I've tried doing a slight root drench with the neem oil to help with that. Seems they've come out of it now.

Also before adding the fish fertilizer I couldn't achieve as high of nitrogen levels with all the previous nutes without doubling up on the calmag+ or halving the rest. My NPK ratio is closer to 3-1-2 or 6-2-4 now, hopefully that helps out with the growth.

they seem to be coming back, so keep it up.

The stems seem to be losing the prior redness, & the growth is moving along.
I haven't watered since last watering since the soil hasn't dried enough.
After checking the soil it seems like they'll be ready for more water in another 1-3 days.
Day 31
Lemon Sour Diesel
20201119_115713.jpg
OG #7
20201119_115722.jpg
Blueberry
20201119_115729.jpg
Mystery Seed
20201119_115800.jpg
Full tent
20201119_115607.jpg

oh you had some bugs too already, I hate bugs the most as it's a closed environment, anything that gets in there turns the tent into an insect farm as well.

I like the look of the mystery seed, I love it when they are sliding out leaves on top of each other, they are deploying the solar panels.. should we rise up to build? naaah no need, just push em out there's plenty here..

I'm wondering if the plants are having excess sulfur from the floranectar & locking out other nutrients..
The floranectar has 1% Potassium, .5% magnesium, & 1% sulfur..
I've been using it in equal proportions to the other nutrients, primarily for the potassium..
I'm considering cutting it completely from the regimen, & if I use it probably in smaller proportions & not as frequently or only during late flowering..
If I cut it from the regimen I'll lose 1% potassium, but if it is an excess sulfur problem I'm thinking they may grow better without it ..
Something about the growth / new growth currently doesn't seem right imo..

If it isn't a problem from excess sulfur than all I'm left with is Ph, Watering, & pot size @ this point I think.
Day 33
Lemon Sour Diesel
20201121_101406.jpg
OG #7
20201121_101416.jpg
Blueberry
20201121_101534.jpg
Mystery Seed
20201121_101436.jpg
full tent
20201121_101638.jpg
pics that may help identify the problem​
This is my backup Lemon Sour Diesel clone which seems to be having more prominent symptoms than the rest of the plants.​
20201121_101548.jpg
This is a leaf on the OG #7 that also seems to carry some prominent symptoms + the darker green foliage in background.​
20201120_210104.jpg

They are growing, but I feel like they can grow much better with some kind of adjustment. Of them all the seedling seems to be the healthiest however it's growth also has me questioning whether or not it would benefit from going without the floranectar as well.

Is the 1% sulfur too much?
Should I go without the floranectar?
flush the plants/water with Ph 6.5 with no nutrients added?
or flush with nutrients without the floranectar added?

Or continue as I have been with all the prior nutrients?

I haven't been following any particular schedule since I picked the nutrients myself..
I've just been going by NPK ratios, PPM, with adjusted Ph to 6.5 when used..
I was going for a 3-1-2 NPK ratio, but now I'm seeing different recommendations for NPK ratios.
Such as this from royal queen seeds..

1605993311631.png

So maybe 3-1-2 isn't ideal? idk..
& I haven't been able to find much useful information on micro nutrients either.

I'm @ somewhat of a loss for how to get this on track or what exactly is wrong with them..
Spent money these nutrients & some I may end up not using or needing, big mistake on my part potentially..

Last grow I was primarily using GH general organic nutrients & didn't encounter any of these problems, main difference as far as I can tell in the available nutrients is the additional sulfur from using FloraNectar this grow instead of the GH go Diamond black which only had potassium available..
Without the FloraNectar I'll be down 1% potassium without any other viable way to replace it other than getting Diamond Black again I think..

Here's a 5 day difference on my last grow when they were outdoor, not that they were growing perfect.
However looks like a major difference in health relative to my plants currently imo..​
20201121_134744.jpg
20200801_144347.jpg

npk is only half of equation of what the plants needs. Plants also need micros which you are missing.
@MrSauga can explain better

These I've been using which have some micros listed
General Organics CalMag+ : 1% Nitrogen, 5% Calcium, 1% Magnesium
Liquinox Start b-1 : 2% phosphorus, .10% Iron ( Chelated Iron ), .10% Vitamin B-1, .10% Yucca Extract
GH FloraNectar : 1% potash, .5% Magnesium, 1% sulfur

Everything else I'm using is just NPK or that's all they list on it.

Not sure what the proper ratios are for micros, and I'm missing some by the looks of it.

If all it will take are some additional micros that may be good news.
I'm not sure how I'd get them and add them to my nutrient regimen without causing problems though.

Browsed a bit, & haven't found any viable micronutrient sources yet for organics, or naturally grown like I'm growing it.​

i'm not sure, and to be honest that's one to many bottles, but i'm glad you know what your doing. :laughtwo:
i'm just wondering how much did each of those bottles cost VS just mega crop?

Back
Top Bottom