Lots O' Fun In '21

Hi guys - quick update - a few of the early plants reveged - I may put them back on the beaver damn to see what happens. New gals are coming along fine. Got my outdoor cover done. I'll get a pic soon.
All my squash and peppers got frosted so starting over on that front!!
Cardiologist says I've got PVC - donno what that means but it is not a problem - it's just that the heart beats early every now and then and when it beats before it has filled with blood nuffin squirts. Also, the light headed stuff and total exhaustion in my legs??? He says I need to exercise!!! I think he needs to go back to school!!!!!
Anyhow - that's all I know!!!

Hey all - Not much going on but everyone still growing!!! Finally got a pic in the morning sun after three days of rain!!!
July 10.JPG

The Auto on the right is budding up nicely - it was sprouted on May 6th (I think) so it should be finishing up pretty soon. I've never had an auto so it is all new to me. The bigger plants at the back are just starting to show buds - everyone is trellised so I sure hope they stay shorter than my cover...same damn story every damn year!!! :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake::hmmmm:
The gal front left is a Nebula and is trellised 4 ways and I'm hoping she stays small enough to move back and forth into the greenhouse as weather turns in the fall. Well, if anything exciting happens I'll let ya know!!!

I've just been kicking around a thought - if the Auto is done within the month, I have a few more plants in smaller pots (I really don't know why) but I'm sure they are getting root bound and stunted so once the Auto is done I will replace it with one of those just to see what happens and finish it off in the greenhouse - mostly just as an experiment.

Hey all - Not much going on but everyone still growing!!! Finally got a pic in the morning sun after three days of rain!!!
July 10.JPG

The Auto on the right is budding up nicely - it was sprouted on May 6th (I think) so it should be finishing up pretty soon. I've never had an auto so it is all new to me. The bigger plants at the back are just starting to show buds - everyone is trellised so I sure hope they stay shorter than my cover...same damn story every damn year!!! :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake::hmmmm:
The gal front left is a Nebula and is trellised 4 ways and I'm hoping she stays small enough to move back and forth into the greenhouse as weather turns in the fall. Well, if anything exciting happens I'll let ya know!!!
I like the garden.

I'm watching my three (maybe) gals that are under cover - I think one has stopped stretching, 4 inches short of the glass, one was still stretching so 3 branches got bent over, after crushing stems and attached to 2 strings and sadly I'm almost sure the third is a ghoul not a gal so that one don't matter how short it is!!! It will be interesting to see how well the crushed bent stems react and recover. So tomorrow the ghoul will be replaced with a gal waiting in the wings in a small pot....the adventure continues.....

Well, let's see.....the replacement, for the last one that turned out to be a male, was flowering real nicely but turned up with a few balls and what looked like a nanner - so out he/she went!!! I may not replace it as the two behind are really getting big and would be crowding. I have another in a 5 gal. pail and another in a 5 gal pot and I think I will finish them in that way to see what happens - I really liked the way the Auto stayed small.
I have started harvesting my Nebula Auto - not a lot of amber but it showed a bit of bud rot so I'll start at it a bit at a time. I am going to try a water cure since it is still so humid.
I haven't been back to the Beaver Damn to see what is going on back there but I imagine nature is taking it's course!!
If anything exciting happens....I'll let you know!!! :ciao:

Well, My Nebula Auto is harvested. It wasn't real far along, not much amber but it was starting to develop bud rot in places so.....
I did about 3/4 of it in Water Cure and the rest will do the normal cure. Glad to report that, so far, the product does a nizzzzz joooooooooob!!!:smokin::ciao:

I should get another pic - I think they have doubled in size since this one!!
I just love the washbasin carts. Fantastic! :idea:

Put up fresh pics if you can.

OK. so here is the latest.... these two in the ground are reeeaaaal close to lifting the glass
Outdoor gals.jpg

The Peyote will be staying in the greenhouse to finish..

Peyote.jpg

This "Tub Gal" can still move in and out as needed....
Tub Gal.jpg

and there is one more in a 5 Gal. bucket that is staying a nice compact size.

Well Crap!!!! My Peyote just succumbed to a sudden and unexpected infestation of Spider mites. She started looking sad but I thought it was just old age but she was not looking fat. So I went looking closer with a magnifier and my loupe. I'm going to see what I can save but she has been banished to the driving shed. I think I jinxed myself by counting my chicks!!! :hmmmm: :thedoubletake:

Well, my Peyote was too far gone so I tossed it in the Wood furnace this morning - didn't give off the glorious odour I was hoping for!!! :hmmmm: The only consolation was knowing that many, many of those little bastard spider mites and their eggs were frying!!! :goof:
I will probably hang the two outdoor gals in the driving shed until I can trim and cure - they are showing some amber but also juuuuuust a bit of bud rot.
Oops, forgot to hit send!!!!
I got looking closer at the one outdoor gal and once I got the top big, beautiful colas down where I could see - there is a massive amount of bud rot!!! So I have harvested most of the top - saved about 75%. I will lwave the rest for a few more days and finish up on Sunday.
But Hey I got one harvest done...the 48th load finished it up!!

Well, the 2021 season is pretty much in the can (jar)!!! Sort of a mixed feelings, it started with great promise and I had high (get it) hopes but it ended on a down note. I was happy that I had hardly any aphids but a sneak attack of spider mites (I think) scrapped my one "Name Brand" Peyote, and one of the Outdoor gals had a lot of bud rot and the buds were not very dense, the other had much less bud rot but once again fairly airy buds - I held out more hope for the mobile gals but in the end I harvested early because they just looked rough and I probably lost about 1/2 to bud rot on the last plant. The colas looked beautiful but once inside of them they were rotted. What a pisser. The other weird thing was that all, and I mean all, the fan leaves started dropping. It is maddening that we still have this amazing weather this far into October and I can't take advantage!!!! :hmmmm:

I thought I might take next year off but now I am getting ready just to see if I can do this right!!!
So, see youse all in 2022!!!!

Well, the 2021 season is pretty much in the can (jar)!!! Sort of a mixed feelings, it started with great promise and I had high (get it) hopes but it ended on a down note. I was happy that I had hardly any aphids but a sneak attack of spider mites (I think) scrapped my one "Name Brand" Peyote, and one of the Outdoor gals had a lot of bud rot and the buds were not very dense, the other had much less bud rot but once again fairly airy buds - I held out more hope for the mobile gals but in the end I harvested early because they just looked rough and I probably lost about 1/2 to bud rot on the last plant. The colas looked beautiful but once inside of them they were rotted. What a pisser. The other weird thing was that all, and I mean all, the fan leaves started dropping. It is maddening that we still have this amazing weather this far into October and I can't take advantage!!!! :hmmmm:

I thought I might take next year off but now I am getting ready just to see if I can do this right!!!
So, see youse all in 2022!!!!
Sorry about the bud rot.
In Orillia come August/September I got mite on every one of my girls.
It was hell.
I had a Jack Herer that was 12 feet tall, try spraying that one it was murder,let alone the other dozen.
Do you have an indoor grow?
How close to Orillia are you.
You probably got hit with the same hatch of mites I did.
Stay safe.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom