Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

Haha. No worries. Between that and my erratic posting style confusion was bound to happen. Ill go edit if I get a second to do so before my window closes

I just tell myself "its not real its on the internet " before I click his link. Doesn't usually help but I get by lol

Hello everyone,

I'm beginning to learn a couple of things as I go.

1. Dipping clones in clonex gel results in some stress which will lead to occasional stress rings. I tried painting the sides of the clones and not dipping them this time. I also did not let them sit for 15 minutes before starting to spray them. I cut, painted them, and placed them directly into the cloners. The sprayers were set at 1 minute on and 1 minute off. The results are not desirable. The roots systems aren't as vigorous and the clones in the middle had the gel washed off so fast that they saw little benefit from the gel and I'm still seeing the black stress ring. It looks to me that dipping them and letting them sit for 10-15 minutes before spraying them gives me the best root systems. If I dip Snow White clones in clonex gel, I will occasionally see stress rings form. If I don't dip them, the root systems are quite weak. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. Going forward, I'm going to dip them all and deal with the stress rings.

clone_adjust_mid.JPG

2. Many of the clonex dipped clones that have stress rings on them manage to fight through it and recover nicely. I think this is due to the fact that they have strong roots as most of the non dipped clones that formed stress rings stalled out. Many of the plants on table 1 have stress rings but are thriving. There's two groups of plants on table 1. One group is 12 days old and the other is 7 days old. The group that is 12 days old are already 11+ inches tall. Many plants on table 2(not dipped in clonex) are finishing in the 11-13 inch range. The new Raptor hood throws a much larger and more evenly distributed light footprint. I'm sure that's helping as well. You can see the difference in the two groups in the pics.

Conclusion? Dip them in clonex gel, no matter what.

tbl1_april_12and7.JPG
tbl1_april_11inch_12.JPG
tbl1_april_ruler_12.JPG

Originally, I ordered 5 regular Critical Mass seeds from Castle Seeds. In 9 days I received 2 Critical Mass seeds and 3 Critical Haze seeds. I emailed them about the error and they immediately shipped out 3 more Critical Mass seeds. Therefore, I encountered a 10 day setback while waiting for the additional CM seeds to arrive but got 3 CH seeds as a freebie so I wasn't too hacked off. So, while waiting for the CM, I germinated the 2 CM and the 3 CH seeds on hand. All 3 CH seeds germinated and sprouted. Only 1 of 2 CM seeds germinated and sprouted as 1 was bunk. I knew it when I dropped it in the water. It just looked rough. So, I have 1 CM and 3 CH.

critical_babies.JPG

The additional seeds got here 3 days ago and Castle managed to get the order right this time. The problem is, that only 2 of 3 CM seeds germinated. They sent me another bunk seed. That makes 2 of 5 , or 40% of the order I paid and then waited an additional 10 days for, unusable garbage.

If all 3 CM turn out to be males, I'll go through another seed broker to get Mr. Nice CM seeds. 420Mag sponsor or not, I will never place another order with Castle seeds.

Table 2 comes down in 10 days.

tbl2_10togo.JPG

tbl2_10togo_2.JPG

Good Growing

my 2 cents on the HPS thing, if I may;

My MH crapped out just as I was getting my last grow started and I got a Digital+ 600wHPS that supposedly has more blue in it, and is to be used in digital ballasts.

And since it had more blue in it, I used it for veg and flower.

I would say these are some of the biggest solid buds I have grown so far. Not the frostiest, but that might be from a number of things. Also took longer than normal to show hairs, again could have been number of things.

But it is good, and the plants were healthy from day one.

Conclusion, was the Digital+ better than my normal HPS? I would have to give a slight edge to the Digital+ since It worked great in vege and flower. Price D+ $49, Sunmaster $79

Here are the results, grown in mineralized organic soil, fed with teas and foliar etc.

2 day old seedlings placed direct in the 5gl pots under the 600w GLR

veg, 2 weeks old
G10_room_view_2_wks_veg.jpg

veged 2 more weeks, then this is 2 weeks 12/12
G10_Ds_2_wks_flwr.jpg

before harvest last week.
G10_PE_11_wks_flwr.jpg

G10_PE_hrv_top_2_trim_hand.jpg

Is that a lawn shed? That is such a faaakin' awesome set up. Looks like 100 fat little colas under that mover, and you can get your HPS so close. What is it? Like 6" off the tops?

It's the 2nd floor of a dwelling and thank you. There's actually 154 colas under that mover as I run 154 per table. Good eye. The bulb sits about 5-7" off the tops off the plants as it moves by. Thanks for stopping by.

Fied, I just started my first run of clones in 12/12 tonight. 35 out of 36 were great specimens. The culled plant was my fault (stem somehow was doubled up in the neoprene).

When I started them All I did was cut the final cut under water. I did no scraping or splitting of the stem. I haven't been able to afford a kick ass timer similar to yours, so the pump was running constant. But I do have an aquarium heater to keep the water at 72 F. I dipped the clones in Clonex and, once the last one was seated, let them all rest for about 15 minutes.

I looked each clone over before placing them in the Hempys. I didn't see any stress rings. More over, I did not have any initial wilt. I'm thinking those may be indicative of of your strain's genetics.

You said you're going to go back to the dipping. I second that. As long as they recover from the wilt, I'd rather have that nicer root system.

Just my two cents.

Looking good mate.

Fied, I just started my first run of clones in 12/12 tonight. 35 out of 36 were great specimens. The culled plant was my fault (stem somehow was doubled up in the neoprene).

When I started them All I did was cut the final cut under water. I did no scraping or splitting of the stem. I haven't been able to afford a kick ass timer similar to yours, so the pump was running constant. But I do have an aquarium heater to keep the water at 72 F. I dipped the clones in Clonex and, once the last one was seated, let them all rest for about 15 minutes.

I looked each clone over before placing them in the Hempys. I didn't see any stress rings. More over, I did not have any initial wilt. I'm thinking those may be indicative of of your strain's genetics.

You said you're going to go back to the dipping. I second that. As long as they recover from the wilt, I'd rather have that nicer root system.

Just my two cents.

Looking good mate.

Thank you and I agree 100%. I'm convinced it's strain related as well. The stressing is one of the reasons why Critical Mass and Critical Haze are on the way.

;)

Hello everyone,

I'm beginning to learn a couple of things as I go.

1. Dipping clones in clonex gel results in some stress which will lead to occasional stress rings. I tried painting the sides of the clones and not dipping them this time. I also did not let them sit for 15 minutes before starting to spray them. I cut, painted them, and placed them directly into the cloners. The sprayers were set at 1 minute on and 1 minute off. The results are not desirable. The roots systems aren't as vigorous and the clones in the middle had the gel washed off so fast that they saw little benefit from the gel and I'm still seeing the black stress ring. It looks to me that dipping them and letting them sit for 10-15 minutes before spraying them gives me the best root systems. If I dip Snow White clones in clonex gel, I will occasionally see stress rings form. If I don't dip them, the root systems are quite weak. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. Going forward, I'm going to dip them all and deal with the stress rings.

clone_adjust_mid.JPG

2. Many of the clonex dipped clones that have stress rings on them manage to fight through it and recover nicely. I think this is due to the fact that they have strong roots as most of the non dipped clones that formed stress rings stalled out. Many of the plants on table 1 have stress rings but are thriving. There's two groups of plants on table 1. One group is 12 days old and the other is 7 days old. The group that is 12 days old are already 11+ inches tall. Many plants on table 2(not dipped in clonex) are finishing in the 11-13 inch range. The new Raptor hood throws a much larger and more evenly distributed light footprint. I'm sure that's helping as well. You can see the difference in the two groups in the pics.

Conclusion? Dip them in clonex gel, no matter what.

tbl1_april_12and7.JPG
tbl1_april_11inch_12.JPG
tbl1_april_ruler_12.JPG

Originally, I ordered 5 regular Critical Mass seeds from Castle Seeds. In 9 days I received 2 Critical Mass seeds and 3 Critical Haze seeds. I emailed them about the error and they immediately shipped out 3 more Critical Mass seeds. Therefore, I encountered a 10 day setback while waiting for the additional CM seeds to arrive but got 3 CH seeds as a freebie so I wasn't too hacked off. So, while waiting for the CM, I germinated the 2 CM and the 3 CH seeds on hand. All 3 CH seeds germinated and sprouted. Only 1 of 2 CM seeds germinated and sprouted as 1 was bunk. I knew it when I dropped it in the water. It just looked rough. So, I have 1 CM and 3 CH.

critical_babies.JPG

The additional seeds got here 3 days ago and Castle managed to get the order right this time. The problem is, that only 2 of 3 CM seeds germinated. They sent me another bunk seed. That makes 2 of 5 , or 40% of the order I paid and then waited an additional 10 days for, unusable garbage.

If all 3 CM turn out to be males, I'll go through another seed broker to get Mr. Nice CM seeds. 420Mag sponsor or not, I will never place another order with Castle seeds.

Table 2 comes down in 10 days.

tbl2_10togo.JPG

tbl2_10togo_2.JPG

Good Growing

Howdy Rowdy, I think I see like a "green" color in your perlite/vermicule mix under your seedlings. Was curious if its my old eyes or if you could tell me what that might be. Funny how coincidence works, I've got a pineapple chunk, blue rhino & a carmelice within a day's age of your three babies...mine are all femmed so hopefully in a bit I'll be able to try your cloning machine and SOG style on the pineapple chunk. Prob just gonna veg a month, lst & screen of green the other two.

whats up fied , good tosee your killinem!! Hey yall say somthing if attitude is no good to order from, as im about to order a large order from them. Not trying to mess up your thread but heres 1 pic of the bakery were 2 weeks into 12/12
25013.JPG
25314.JPG

sucks the way it went with castle i have had very good luck and service with them, but i tried somebody different this past order im still waiting been 13 days now, im starting to get a bad "attitude" about it, but we shall see soon i hope your room looks super, im almost temped to do 2l hempies again lol

Here goes my 2 cents worth. I ordered 5 different strains (3-5 seeds each), got free 5 different strains (1-2 seeds each). They arrived 7 days after ordering. I`ve got no attitude with them. First time ordering from them. Have germinated 2 strains, 2 each, all 4 popped and are seedlings now. Just my expierence. Only mail order i`ve tried.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

FIED, your pictures are AWESOME
And you say these are smaller under the mover?
I'll be lurking to the end on this one.

I ordered four different strains, single seed of each and got two freebies. Dropped the two freebies and one of the ordered into water, all three popped after about 36 hours. Planted in 24 oz germ cups and all three are seedlings doing well...no complaints as of yet.

budgreene

I have used the attitude 3 times.

first time I didn't pay for the extra protection tin and I had very poor germination rate.

The next two times I did get it and I have had way better success rate.

I am not sure if the US postal system does anything to mail or not that might affect seeds, but I won't take a chance any more. I have ordered from 2 other companies, and it was the same thing. No foil or metal protection equaled poor germination rates.

Pay the extra few bucks and get the tin.

my 2 cents.

thats something i have wondered about with castle ,freebies, has anybody gotten any from them? i never have, with the promos and birthday special at the tude i am getting 47 beans but only payed for 19, seems reallly cool to get 28 free beans and alot of well known breeders and strains, azmeds called me and was like "doode you gotta check out this thing going down at the tude" we sat up till 2 am texting keeping each other awake,and the servers crashed and it took a while to get our orders to process but we did it lol im guessing it was a pretty unusual and rare deal, anyway just thought id ask about that and share that story:high-five:

After Castle screwed up my initial order I expected a couple of freebies but none were sent. I mean, I waited an extra two weeks for CM to get here since they sent the wrong seeds and when it does, 40% of it (2 of 5) is bunk. I sent them a nice email letting them know that they got their first and last dollar from me.

Castle might be fantastic but they sure as hell didn't impress me.

Howdy Rowdy, I think I see like a "green" color in your perlite/vermicule mix under your seedlings. Was curious if its my old eyes or if you could tell me what that might be. Funny how coincidence works, I've got a pineapple chunk, blue rhino & a carmelice within a day's age of your three babies...mine are all femmed so hopefully in a bit I'll be able to try your cloning machine and SOG style on the pineapple chunk. Prob just gonna veg a month, lst & screen of green the other two.

That's a little bit of green algae that formed on top of the perlite because of moisture from the spray bottle used to keep the piece of grow pellet they're in, moist. It's harmless.

Back
Top Bottom