Lupey's Northern Lights & Candy Cane Autos

I'm sure it's pretty tough to get your instruments under there to do the job. How much space between the pot and the scrog?

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I started @5" but there was too much pressure on the top of Jezebel so I raised them both up to 7". Wasn't too bad trimming but they are thick as hell

IMG_20161216_140555816_HDR.jpg

This is candy
IMG_20161216_140615220_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161216_140604375_HDR.jpg

And Jezebel after trim. I built the uprights out of 1/4" rod and slid them through holes in the rim so I could adjust height if needed.
Do you think i should switch the led from 18/6 to 24/7 for awhile. Right now the 4 cfl's are on 24/7

I RUN MINE AT 2O ON 4 OFF ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE WHOLE GROW.id SUGGEST THE SAME..IVE TRIED OTHER SCHEDULES AND MY PLANTS LIKE 20/4
THEY DO NEED TO SLEEP SOME..
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK..

I RUN MINE AT 2O ON 4 OFF ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE WHOLE GROW.id SUGGEST THE SAME..IVE TRIED OTHER SCHEDULES AND MY PLANTS LIKE 20/4
THEY DO NEED TO SLEEP SOME..
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK..

Thanx I changed it at lights on. Should I leave the CFLs on 24/7 or cycle them with the led. I'm gonna do a tutorial on building them I think. They seem like they are going to work well. Easy and cheap to build

I agree with oldschool, I'm 19/5. (just to be different) roots don't really expand during the daytime, it's during lights off that the plant stretches above and below ground the most. Imo of course. Keep up the good work Lupey, it's looking great.

Trust me brother. I wouldnt steer u wrong..

I trust you guys I quest in learning from your input
I'm 44 days in Jezebel is flowering nicely but candy is coming slower, I'm going to rotate them side to side because of the layout of the led. Right now I'm running 4-5700k CFLs with it, should I switch the CFLs to 2700k or not yet

I agree with oldschool, I'm 19/5. (just to be different) roots don't really expand during the daytime, it's during lights off that the plant stretches above and below ground the most. Imo of course. Keep up the good work Lupey, it's looking great.

Got the lights cycling with the led now running at 20/4

12/24/16 Christmas Eve day 54
MERRY CHRISTMAS everybody:yummy:
Scrogs are working nicely. They are set 7" above the pots. Kind of a pain in the ass for watering but otherwise pretty cool.
IMG_20161224_001153.jpg

Jezabel is doing great right on schedule
IMG_20161224_001035.jpg
IMG_20161224_001426.jpg

It's really thick under the nets. I already did some trimming and will do more Monday night
Candy is still about 10 days behind in development. Pistols are starting to form and she's finally starting to stretch.
IMG_20161224_001110.jpg
IMG_20161224_241241599_HDR.jpg

Under canopy pics suck but will do better with Monday nights trim update.
Will be ready for nutes again Monday. Temps in the tent range from 68/78 Rh is averaging 37/42

Dude! Awesome DIY work!

Glad I found your journal. Sub'd!

I plan on making 6 larger individual 10 gallon totes with scrog attachments.

Although a bit more work initially, will def pay off if a plant ever needs to be removed, rotated, trained.

Kudos!

~You gotta grow it to know it~

12/26/16 update
I'm not sure what to think of candy. Typical woman taking her time. Any other candy cane growers experiencing the same slow development.
IMG_20161226_210755017_HDR.jpg

She looks good and smells good just seems like pistils aren't developing like Jezebel. I'm thinking it's genetics but any comments would be appreciated.
IMG_20161226_210803526_HDR.jpg

Jezebel just seems to rock it. Let them dry 1 too many days but they are bouncing back quickly. Nuted them both with full strength tiger bloom, grow big, and big bloom, chaching, and calmag.
Defoliated a little bit but not too much because of them drooping from getting dry

Back
Top Bottom