Day 35: Showing sex and growing well. I switched over to 230 watts of 2700k CFL. Running lights @ 20/4. I haven't flushed my plants yet and have fed 5-6 times. Should I be flushing now? Also should I be using more bloom and less grow at this point? Any help would be great! Thanks Peace Out!
PA1100051.JPG
PA1100041.JPG
PA110003.JPG
PA1100021.JPG
PA1100012.JPG

Continue vegetation nutrients until vertical growth stops and buds begin to form. This will allow it to get a little bigger in stretch. If size is an issue, then you can start feeding bloom in the next few days and it may changeover more quickly, it's really up to you.. I'd hold out for now personally...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Good points there Snid!! Got to it before me brother lol I would like to add one thing to this as well that I had done to help reduce any stress from a quick transition. You could start slowly reducing your veg nutes while slowly increasing bloom nutes over 3 or 4 feeds. Just a suggestion and something I do in case a plant is less tolerant to stress :)

Good Morning: I finally figured out that my Malawi gold is actual, reviewed Iceman's MG grow and his plants were also short stout and very bushy. The plants do look like Indica but they are Sativas for sure. A very different plant for a Sativa. So far it's been an easy grow with no issues. These plants are very hardy and it would take a lot of abuse to hurt them. I can't wait to see the end result. I'II add some pics shortly. Peace Out Everyone.

I've noticed lately that my soil is compacting with each feeding (soil is lower in the bucket). Does this have anything to do with the root ball? Any comments? Thanks Peace Out!

I've noticed lately that my soil is compacting with each feeding (soil is lower in the bucket). Does this have anything to do with the root ball? Any comments? Thanks Peace Out!

Its just settling with watering. Gives you room to top dress with new dirt or EWC. Looking great here...still dont see a sativa though :hmmmm:

The soil does eventually compact and become hard as it fills up with roots. Not sure if it's wise but before I water I'll poke holes throughout the medium with a tent peg to allow water to evenly soak in. I find if I don't the water finds a channel and runs down it solely leaving much of the medium un-moistened Having lots of perlite has solved that problem for me. Looking good in there Smalltime, keep us posted and...

Thanks Snid: I was actually contemplating doing just that so I think I will do that today. I just hope I don't cause any damage. Guess I'II have to be extra careful! Thank you so much for the help! I will definitely add more perlite next grow! Peace Out!

Thanks Snid: I was actually contemplating doing just that so I think I will do that today. I just hope I don't cause any damage. Guess I'II have to be extra careful! Thank you so much for the help! I will definitely add more perlite next grow! Peace Out!

Just a thought: Has anyone tried to pump a low volume of 02 into a soil grow and see if if accelerates the growth? Might sound stupid but hey that's how you learn!

Probably someone has, somewhere, but a more practical way to let oxygen in is to add perlite- it provides air spaces and the o2 finds its way in on its own.

There's not much worry about damaging roots. The only one that could really affect the plant is the taproot being snapped. All other roots (feeders) can be cut with no problem. In fact it may help expand the roots by forcing them to branch out, much like topping. Root scoring upon transplant is a common practice... This is where you slice the root ball on 4 sides to promote new branches upon transplant. Poke but don't dig...

malawi with tight bushy indica genes..... thats amazing what seedbank was involved? hope the smoke is great.
here is photo of malawi day of harvest....long stringy potent yielded 22g
100_9557.JPG
100_9557.JPG

Hi Deep: The Malawi Gold auto fem seeds were bought from MJ seeds Canada. They have been very bushy from the start and healthy no issues. I would recommend this strain to anyone. These plants are extremely hearty. I am glad I tried these for my first serious grow. latest pics coming up. Let me know how your smoke is. Thanks Peace Out!

Back
Top Bottom