Mars Hydro FC-3000 Shines Down On Babygirl’s Sour Livers In DWC: Sponsored Grow

On the bright side (see what I did there), the pistils probably mean that the plant is about to start stretch - to be followed by puffballs at the tips.
:ganjamon:
Lol - yup, I see CLEARY ;) … oh please start the stretch!!!

@Mars Hydro, a very generous sponsor with AWESOME giveaways, is sponsoring me with an amazing FC-3000 light to try out in exchange for this journal which is replacing my “Babygirl’s Sour Livers DWC Hydro Grow Journal, November 2021” journal, which is where this wild ride started.

This beautiful light features the following:
  • 896 Samsung lm301B LED chips
  • High PPFD output and even PAR distribution
  • full spectrum enhanced with blue and red light
  • daisy chain dimming feature
  • fast heat dissipation
  • 5 year warranty and expected 50,000 hour lifespan
  • 306 watts
  • 2.5’ x 2.5’ core coverage area
IMG_0383.jpeg

IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0385.jpeg

IMG_0389.jpeg

Liv is starting 12-10-2021 (Day 34) under the FC-3000 which will carry her thru to harvest. Having never had a light of this magnitude, I can’t wait to see how well she responds to the full sun-like spectrum! Liv is starting off at about 20” above the canopy, but only at 55% to see how she responds to the awesomeness of this light! Each week I’ll add 5% to the brightness and let her grow up into the recommended 12” height above the canopy (obviously watching for light burn with this bad boy and adjusting accordingly if needed).

Just as a refresher, here are the basics for my grow:

ENVIRONMENT
  • Tent: 36”x20”x62”
  • Light: @Mars Hydro FC-3000
  • 203 CFM 4" Inline exhaust fan with 4" x 14” carbon filter and passive air intake
  • 320 GPH 4-outlet air pump to run (2) 4” air-stones and 6” drip ring 24-7 in a 5-gallon DWC bucket w/clay hydroton

STRAIN
  • Sour Livers (auto) by Mephisto Genetics
  • Heritage: 'The Livers' (cutting) x Sour Crack F4 Regular auto
  • Size - 45-65cm Height/35-50cm Width
  • Structure - compact but bushy
  • Indica/Sativa - 80/20
  • Cycle Time - 60-70 days from sprout (occurred on 11-07-2021)
  • Average Yield - 90-120g as a single plant
  • Cannabinoids - Estimated over 20% total cannabinoids total cannabinoids.
  • Aroma and flavour: A Sweet/Sour/Fruity/Skunky combination

NUTRIENTS
  • Mr. Mucha Stache cal/mag
  • Botanicare CNS17 Grow
  • Botanicare CNS17 Ripe
  • Rapid Start rooting supplement
  • Botanicare Hydroguard
  • +Life

Here are her pics from today and showing how perfectly the FC-3000 fits into my tent (I TOLD you I’d make it fit!). She also got a fresh res of 900 ppms (the other day was at 720 and was at 680 tonight before the change with another quart down so it looks like she’s actively feeding).

Oh - and I THINK she’s throwing her first pistils!

Tag list and shout out to all who have been with me for this crazy ride; thank you all for your support, encouragement, advice, and kindness! You all are THE BEST!!!

@420 Ceasar @Bill284 @bluter @Carcass @charliewaffles @Cola Monster @DeeBoy @Dr Fish @FelipeBlu @Grand Daddy Black @InTheShed @Jack420 @Jon @Krissi1982 @LKABudMan @mk2SMOKEY @MochaBud @Moony @Paul Squiggle @PGA Caddie @PlanetJ @ppm Charlie @Rexer @sneekymofo @StoneOtter @Tokin Roll @Trala @Verbalist @West Hippie
@cjsbabygirl313 thanks for the tag, the light looks amazing in your tent like it was meant to be there all along. I'm sure Liv is going to enjoy her new rays of personal sunshine raining down on her and with your attention to detail I believe you got this in the bag you'll make @Mars Hydro proud keep doing ya thing :Namaste:

@cjsbabygirl313 thanks for the tag, the light looks amazing in your tent like it was meant to be there all along. I'm sure Liv is going to enjoy her new rays of personal sunshine raining down on her and with your attention to detail I believe you got this in the bag you'll make @Mars Hydro proud keep doing ya thing :Namaste:
Thanks Ceasar! So far so good!

2021-12-11 - Day 35

Tent temp: 73F
Tent RH: 56%
Res temp: 65F
PPM: 880 … falling
pH: 6.0 … rising
Water level … 3 quarts on the floor in the tent o_O

Unfortunately yesterday when I put her back in the bucket, the draw tube for the drip ring hit one of the air stones and got nudged up just enough to where water was running OVER the bucket and onto the tent floor (thank god for that waterproof tray!). Will mix additional nutes to top off tonight (no choice).

At any rate, she appears to loving life under the @Mars Hydro FC-3000! I trained her two mains down last night and today they’re straight back up!

2021-12-11 - Day 35

Unfortunately yesterday when I put her back in the bucket, the draw tube for the drip ring hit one of the air stones and got nudged up just enough to where water was running OVER the bucket and onto the tent floor (thank god for that waterproof tray!). Will mix additional nutes to top off tonight (no choice).

At any rate, she appears to loving life under the @Mars Hydro FC-3000! I trained her two mains down last night and today they’re straight back up!

Looking perky as can be! You have double what you had in there and a better overall light! She is going to flourish now....but thank God for drip trays

2021-12-11 - Day 35

She looks happy as hell !!!!

Looking perky as can be! You have double what you had in there and a better overall light! She is going to flourish now....but thank God for drip trays
Thanks Krissi! I did have to take a few more leaves tonight and I think that made her look a bit better too :)

I'm not sure I understand why though. Since you have no control over when an auto decides to go into flower, later is better for the harvest numbers!
True dat! :laughtwo:

Decided to wait til tomorrow before adding any more nutes water … may up the CalMag though … noticed some new rust spots on lower leaves tonight when trimming off a few of the biggest lower fans

Did I hear hair cut !!!!
Yes @Jack 420 , you did :laughtwo:… really wasnt much choice … I’ll probably take a few more in a couple days. Just dont wanna take too much at once or take something I can’t put BACK!

I have drooled on that sun :drool: Been watching journal results with that lamp and it is just, impressive!

Wish I could upgrade my @Mars Hydro TS 1000 to FC 3000 :adore:

And thanks for the tag babygirl! I’ll be following amogst. Both having pistols naow! Mines starting to take xmas tree shape.

This is AWESOME. Thanks for the tag. Of course I'm in. Your girl looks great! How the heck did you get your hands on Mephisto genetics? Everywhere I look they are sold out on every strain on every site and I want them badly. Didn't realize you were using Mephisto.

YES, pistils!! You're in flower, girl. Let the ride begin!

Betcha you're liking the spectrum on that light. Now you can truly see her for what she truly looks like, eh? Isn't it awesome?
\
Nice job on the reset of the journal in the first posts of it. I needed that, lol.

Rock it girl!!!!! Excellent job on the light focus too!

I have drooled on that sun :drool: Been watching journal results with that lamp and it is just, impressive!

Wish I could upgrade my @Mars Hydro TS 1000 to FC 3000 :adore:

And thanks for the tag babygirl! I’ll be following amogst. Both having pistols naow! Mines starting to take xmas tree shape.
Glad to have ya along @Verbalist ! Make sure to enter the @Mars Hydro contests - they have some truly awesome give-aways!

I’ve managed to avoid the Christmas tree shape so far and have a fairly flat top - but that has been my goal thusfar!

This is AWESOME. Thanks for the tag. Of course I'm in. Your girl looks great! How the heck did you get your hands on Mephisto genetics? Everywhere I look they are sold out on every strain on every site and I want them badly. Didn't realize you were using Mephisto.

YES, pistils!! You're in flower, girl. Let the ride begin!

Betcha you're liking the spectrum on that light. Now you can truly see her for what she truly looks like, eh? Isn't it awesome?
\
Nice job on the reset of the journal in the first posts of it. I needed that, lol.

Rock it girl!!!!! Excellent job on the light focus too!
Hey Jon! Thanks - she’s starting to really get there … had to take some leaves though just cuz I HAD to … couldnt see inside, couldnt tuck anymore, and she was looking like a hot mess. Definitely better with the extra stuff out of the way now.

As for the Mephisto genetics, their website is doing “drops” of selected strains every Monday only; and sales are very limited (presumably because they are so sought after). Many of my seeds are Mephisto seeds (but they’re also like 3-4 years old).

LOVING my @Mars Hydro FC-3000 and so far Liv is too! Now that she’s finally throwing some pistils out there (found more last night - woohoo!), maybe she can get some stretch going; she’s still not quite 10” tall yet - but her spread is great.

Thanks for the comment about the journal reset. Wanted to make sure to highlight the very best attributes of this new light! That and the other journal didnt REALLY start until page 7 due to snafus., so this way its all clean and tidy!

2021-12-12 - Day 36

Tent temp: 72F
RH: 42%
Res Temp: 65
PPM: 820 … falling
pH: 5.4 … slight rise
Water level: down … falling

Liv luvs her @Mars Hydro FC-3000 - she grew 1/2” overnight. I think we might finally be seeing some stretching, and she’s also starting to throw some pistils out towards the top. Also took a few more leaves tonight that were towards the inside and covering potential sites. She’s getting closer to “the look” I’ve been hoping for :)

And I just got the most awesome gift from @Krissi1982 (my mermaid sister) - thanks hon! You’re awesome!

Back
Top Bottom