Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Day 67 Flower​

Hey all. Really late update from me. It's been a busy day.

Yesterday I added 50ml of FlaskKleen to the res and let it circulate.

The readings this morning:

PPM : 450
PH : 6.2

Rise in EC and PH. Not that it matters at this point. Today they are coming down.

First thing this morning before work I emptied the system and filled with plain PHd rainwater, bringing the system down to:

PPM : 210
PH : 6.0

And let that run all day.

Audrey :love:I thought I’d take a snap of her trimmed before she comes down.

:peace:

Day 67 - Harvest Day #1​

I managed to harvest about a third this evening, it took me around 5 hours. Here are some shots of some of the buds pre-trim.

This is what you want when you ScrOG. The branch grows horizontally, so all of the bud sites along the branch get direct light and plenty of air exchange.

Day 67 - Harvest Day #1​

I managed to harvest about a third this evening, it took me around 5 hours. Here are some shots of some of the buds pre-trim.

This is what you want when you ScrOG. The branch grows horizontally, so all of the bud sites along the branch get direct light and plenty of air exchange.

Glad you finally got to harvest those beautiful buds. We are going to miss them hehe. Hope they smoke as good as they look.

Day 68 - Harvest Day #2​

Got an early start today. It's taken me around 8 hours on and off throughout the day but i'm finally done.

I had some 29 day cured Blue Kush from the last run to keep me company

I have 7/8 shelves of my drying rack full, like this:

And this is the washed buds that i have hanging:

Trichome and bud shots incoming...

Day 68 - Harvest Day #2​

Got an early start today. It's taken me around 8 hours on and off throughout the day but i'm finally done.

I had some 29 day cured Blue Kush from the last run to keep me company

I have 7/8 shelves of my drying rack full, like this:

And this is the washed buds that i have hanging:

Trichome and bud shots incoming...

Awsome :thumb:

Day 68 Harvest - Trichomes​

These were taken from a number of different sites. Overall, milky with a low % of amber :love:

Day 68 - Harvest #2 Bud shots​

And here are a load of shots of the buds

Audrey's branch - measuring 68cm long :woohoo:

ScrOG shaped buds

Monster blob of bud - The one that i kept well ventilated to ensure no bud rot formed due to the size and density of the buds on this branch. Its crazy!

Day 68 - Harvest #2 Bud shots​

And here are a load of shots of the buds

Audrey's branch - measuring 68cm long :woohoo:

ScrOG shaped buds

Monster blob of bud - The one that i kept well ventilated to ensure no bud rot formed due to the size and density of the buds on this branch. Its crazy!

Fantastic looking buds my friend.

Day 68 - Harvest Day #2 - More bud shots​

Some more nice pre and post trimmed shots

Day 68 - Harvest Day #2 - More long cola shots​

Here is another really long branch

Day 68 - Harvest Day #2 - Some popcorn​

Here is where the popcorn would usually be, at the base of the plant, but this popcorn is dense filled out bud where direct light and constant air exchange were possible - ScrOG :love:

Here is another really long branch

Ok now your just showing off. ;)

Bang tidy! Great job mate.
Thanks mate. It's been a right slog today but I was determined to get it all done today so i can dry in the tent itself.

:high-five:

They're hanging in the room at the moment. Tomorrow I'll clean out the system and the tent, and remove the lights so I can move the drying rack in. I'm exhausted otherwise i'd do it tonight.

Drying Day #2​

Today was the second day the buds spent on the drying rack. I put it into the sealed tent today after dismantling and cleaning the system as well as the tent.
The tent has a fan on the floor pointed away from the drying rack.

The drying tent is currently at :

Temp : 23.3c/73.9f
RH : 55%

I expect the RH to keep rising. When it exceeds 60% I switch the extractor fan on for a few mins.

Sticky fly trap I kept in the tent the whole grow. No pests at all. Even growing in Coco in RDWC. The combination of sticky traps, steel wool and plenty of air circulation wins again

:ganjamon:

Bucket washing tip​

Never, ever wash a bucket with one of these

you want to use one of these instead

using the former will scratch the bucket and make nice chips in the plastic for nasties to take refuge. It also makes it impossible to clean once stuff gets in the scratches. Use a soft sponge.

You should never need to use anything rough, you’ll only be washing off salts. If they don’t come off, soak them, potentially using something like FlashKleen which breaks down salts.

Look after your buckets, and they’ll look after you. That should be in a DWC rule book somewhere :laugh:

Drying Day #3​

The RH dropped a little in the evening due to the temperature dropping. It dropped as low as 51%.

It was at 53% this morning and has since risen to 54%, currently reading:

Temp : 24c/75.2f
RH : 54%

RH is a little low. I'd prefer it closer to 60%. Hopefully it will get there naturally otherwise I'll add a humidifier.

Back
Top Bottom