Math on seeds

Prohibition is a wonderful tool for driving up profits. It’s incredible.

Running three 600 watt HID lights, each covering a bit less than a 4x4 area, my entire grow covers about 40 square feet of growing area.
To use the brilliant ‘sheets of plywood’ standard developed by Uncle Cannabis, my grow measures about 1.25 SOP. If I want to go for max production methods I can fairly easily produce a pound a month in flowering. Standard wholesale price was $2400 a pound for quite a few years. Before that it was $3000- $3500.

My extended family runs a small organic farm and cultivates about ten acres at any given time, including some huge greenhouses. To be honest they barely scrape by.

Prices are dropping, but as of a few years ago my 1.25 sheets of plywood farm was producing a larger potential profit margin than theirs was. It probably still is most months of the year.

If it was cops doing the math I’m sure the ‘street value’ would get me that Ferrari. As it is I occasional trade for jars of homemade jelly and stuff.
Send sample please. ✌

Ya

Ummm

Ok

Cuz I'll spend 2yrs, perfecting a strain, and sell seeds for $1 each

Makes TOTAL business sense

Oh ya...and it's ILLEGAL in most countries

So I'll knock off .50$ a seed

DIALED!!!

I don't remember...
....I also don't remember

Yes yes ... short term memory ...the first thing to go. Then next it’s math skills. Not to worry mate. :passitleft:

I guess for the most part people feel kind of fond of their favorite seed producers. Though I’ve dealt with a couple rotten ones. Like that one with the dopey ‘royal clown’ mascot. But usually ten dollars spent on a seed is good value. Years and years of cloning if it’s a good one- and if I want to breed it, the fun can go on for lifetimes.

Wait what? My favourite seed vendors got seen sucking champagne off supermodels’ butts through rolled up thousand dollar bills at a cocaine fueled orgy ??
Those bastards! This changes everything!!! I’m never buying there again!!!

If the price of seeds scares ya just head on down to the dispensary and pick up 5 or 7 oz see what that comes to. That's what I tell myself when I wince at seed prices.

And then there's the quality or lack of it (from what I hear - lol)

OP - dont like the cost of seeds, easy make your own.

Report back.

It will become a labor of love.

I only read a part of this LOL. The one thing I did not notice on the first page is something that should be considered.

Who cares if someone made a little money for that seed. What can you do with that seed. That's the real story. Start with a pack a high quality genetics. Average price per seed for quality genetics is between 10 and 15 dollars a seed. Average production from a plant grown by people who know what they are doing is around a ounce. You now have a $10 ounce. Turn that plant into a mother and you can grow that strain as long as you can keep the plant alive. So that $10 seed can save you hundreds of thousands of dollars through the years.

When did making money for a good product become Bad? Yes we pay a lot for seeds. The money most of these people make goes right back into their business. There is a lot of overhead growing as we all know. The more seeds you buy from them, the more they can do in the future. Invest in companies who's genetics you like and they will come up with more for you. Or you can buy a couple packs of seeds and never buy seeds again.

It is not what you pay, it is what you do with what you paid for that matters.

What profits you be talking about Willis? I've sold nothing. I smoke or give away everything I produce.

Maybe this is why you dont like the cost of the seeds. Just cause YOU give your gear away doesn't mean folks that wanna do this for a business need to do the same. Food for thought

More math for ya.

Seeds for hemp sell for $5 per seed FEM and tested for high CBD. takes like 2500 seed per acre to grow it.

The income from that 1 acre is $50K

Thats IF everything goes according to plant.

I’d still rather pay for a $10 seed in a fancy shiny package from some ‘trusted’ business that seems to be really real, than 50 seeds in a ziplock bag for $9, from ‘Bob’.

It's $90 not $9, quit ripping me off bro. lol

All the nightmare stories of seeds purchased, cheap, from IG or whatever is the exact reason GOOD SEEDBANKS are successful

Anything of high quality costs $$$$

PERIOD!!

Gotta pay to play if ya wanna wear big boy shoes. Just sayin.

Just keep buying bags in the alley, you're bound to find a keeper seed in there somewhere.
Specially in my neighborhood. lol

And then there's the quality or lack of it (from what I hear - lol)

OP - dont like the cost of seeds, easy make your own.

Report back.

It will become a labor of love.

:thumb: I order seeds myself, but I want to do my own thing in the future. Then the money thing becomes a non-issue.
As a bonafide and self admitted pollen slinger (as opposed to an educated and experienced breeder), even my poor attempts at breeding something out result in good pot virtually every time, so why not? Not exactly stable plants, but if all I'm going to do is clone them (if they're really good pot), who cares? Nothing I'm doing is going past my hands and into that world you're talking about; that's what makes it a labor of love to me. Hell, I've got enough seeds to last four hundred and twenty lifetimes already! :D And still going strong.....

Oh hey PC I'm right there with ya brother. Pollen chuckers unite.

There's an active thread on it right now going on..

Got me a few keepers, didn't cost me a dime.

Hoping for the keepers.

20200303_190643-jpg.2070363
I'

What people make on seeds is really their business I suppose, overheads and tax, let's not forget Mr tax man!

I mean look at some of the sponsors on this site that travel literally to all corners of the earth to find the best genetics and I'm happy to pay the price in return.

I've bought some cheap seeds from known "cheap" breeders and the consistency of the strain just isn't there, where as I'm quite happy to pay $10-20 a seed knowing I'm getting great genetics and not something that looks nothing like their suggested data pictures.

You can say a lot about people making profit but iv found people who "care" about what others are making must have a jealous spot (not saying you are) somewhere down the line because know one says shit about what iPhone are making and litraly from what iv read about breeding the phone is probably easier to make than trying to find a stable genetic strain.

Im looking at spending $250 and that's only for 12 regular seeds :rofl:

To bad there wasn't a place to trade seeds, I know it's a no-no on this forum. I have a bunch of northern light autos I got for free that I'm not interested in

The problem is who can we trust in life knowing where to send the seeds too lol I trust seed banks but I would hate to see people getting robbed :nervous-guy:

I almost shit when I saw 10 bucks a seed myself as my previous experience was buying a 20 pack of tomato seeds from Canadian Tire for 5 bucks!

But after getting some experience if you look enough you can find plenty of deals with discounts and freebies to pay 5 per seed. Considering you can grow up to a pound of bud with that one seed... AND clone it over and over, Not too bad of a deal!

And to be perfectly honest if I could produce 3600 seeds and everyone was willing to pay 5 bucks each for them... I'd be doing lines through a 1000 dollar crispy off a top notch strippers booty.

I might also give back to the community here and there....

Back
Top Bottom