McLoadie's Third Grow Journal

Hey McL, what press do you use?

jetboy, if it's that cold, can you get away with sealing the room? Then a space heater can maintain temps during lights out.

Hey hiker, I got a cheap ass "tobacco press" in flag, it was like 35 bucks. The whole thing is really pretty poor in quality, it incorporates the use of dissimilar metals on parts that will contact each other under pressure. It works like a common pollen press or clay extruder......it has a handle that screws the worm through the cap onto a disclike plunger........and then thru the barrel and onto the threaded end cap. It has a couple of design flaws, one I already mentioned, another being the bottom cap which is recessed.....so when the compression is completed and you remove the end cap to push the log out the bottom.......it often twists the end of the log off and I have to dig it out of the recessed cap and put it back in for the next compression cycle. I am having some luck with covering both the plunger and the recessed end cap with saran wrap to keep the product from sticking to the aluminum. But hiker, this thing is pretty simple, and what I plan on doing is to have this thing replicated in stainless steel, and making the bottom cap flush to eliminate the damage that occurs to the plug. Let me know and I'll pm you any specifics as to brands ect. that I can collect from the box it came in.

Good weed bee!, and thanks to everyone for your positive comments:thanks:. Guess the fu-k what?! Mcloadie is goin fishin!!!!! O hell ya.....in just a coupla hours!!!! I just acquired a small like one man pontoon boat thingy.....and I'm takin it out on small water for it's trial voyage.......you wanna hear some funny shit?.....the commonly preferred bait for catfish here is hotdogs....LOL! I wouldn't mind a coupla fat bass.......but if it looks like the bass aint gonna happen I'll throw on a chunk o dog and see what happens. Back home, when I fish the floodwaters for catfish....each person takes a five gallon bucket of fresh duck guts.........and it is not uncommon to catch a coupla hundred pounds of fatties in an all night excursion.....this is a dangerous prospect and a few lose their lives every year in accidents.......one f'n mistake in debris filled fast moving water and you can go from a fisherman to a statistic in an instant........choose fishing partners wisely!

Hey hiker, I got a cheap ass "tobacco press" in flag, it was like 35 bucks. The whole thing is really pretty poor in quality, it incorporates the use of dissimilar metals on parts that will contact each other under pressure. It works like a common pollen press or clay extruder......it has a handle that screws the worm through the cap onto a disclike plunger........and then thru the barrel and onto the threaded end cap. It has a couple of design flaws, one I already mentioned, another being the bottom cap which is recessed.....so when the compression is completed and you remove the end cap to push the log out the bottom.......it often twists the end of the log off and I have to dig it out of the recessed cap and put it back in for the next compression cycle. I am having some luck with covering both the plunger and the recessed end cap with saran wrap to keep the product from sticking to the aluminum. But hiker, this thing is pretty simple, and what I plan on doing is to have this thing replicated in stainless steel, and making the bottom cap flush to eliminate the damage that occurs to the plug. Let me know and I'll pm you any specifics as to brands ect. that I can collect from the box it came in.

Be careful with that thing. It sounds like you've already recognized the problem, but watch for Al shavings in the hash. I bought a cheapo press and it ruined a couple grams of hash. I considered a DIY option, but I'm short on time and $$. :blalol: As soon as some $$ comes back for this crop, I'll just drop the cash on a good stainless press. I'm just trying to get input from folks with direct experience using a press. I don't get why all these manufacturers are using a hardened piece of thread stock in a cap made of softer material. I'd like to not order the Piecemaker. That thing is expensive!

Your saran wrap should help, but another option is to put a plug in the bottom too. Most of the presses I've seen have one at the bottom too. This makes it easier to remove the puck as it's not smashed into the end cap.
:winkyface:

Good luck fishing!

I'm back.....a little...LOL.....The fishin trip was great! I did miss a fattie.....I'm kinda rusty on the hookset...LOL, but I did manage to lip a 4lb 9oz. largemouth......not big by my stds., but everyone here just about shit when they saw it. Damn thing swallowed a senko and I had to take it as the 2/0 hook embedded in the throat, and it may have starved before the hook deteriorated enough for it to eat. Anyhow....it will be cooked today. Photos soon, I have deficiency showing in the veg room, mag......I treated with a tsp/gal Epsom, and I'll treat the same way next watering......they look kinda crappy....I gotta get em healthy before I put em in flower. I'm letting 6 of em go to a new family....LOL......anything to help....LOL

How about a pic of that Largemouth.

Be careful with that thing. It sounds like you've already recognized the problem, but watch for Al shavings in the hash. I bought a cheapo press and it ruined a couple grams of hash. I considered a DIY option, but I'm short on time and $$. :blalol: As soon as some $$ comes back for this crop, I'll just drop the cash on a good stainless press. I'm just trying to get input from folks with direct experience using a press. I don't get why all these manufacturers are using a hardened piece of thread stock in a cap made of softer material. I'd like to not order the Piecemaker. That thing is expensive!

Your saran wrap should help, but another option is to put a plug in the bottom too. Most of the presses I've seen have one at the bottom too. This makes it easier to remove the puck as it's not smashed into the end cap.
:winkyface:

Good luck fishing!
I got a used cosmic pollen press at auction shipped to my door 31 bucks and its great, new would be 125 before tax. It there small unit and makes a one gram puck at close to a quarter inch. Maybe I could send ya some pics before you get one built. Would think you could find the large 200 dollar unit for around 50. Not sure what it will cost to make or if your going to make a bunch:)
Hope you had fun on your new boat

How about a pic of that Largemouth.

haha brokey, I took a pic with my phone.....not a good phone.......if I catch another one I'll get a pic....LOL. I got three hits on the trip...around 1-1/2 hours.........the first one I was asleep, I caught the second one.....and the third was a big fish............I fish a slack line........I use the line in the water like a bobber......I can tell when a fish breathes on it in calm water......but this hit popped that line like I haven't seen in a while....this occurs when the fish opens its mouth and creates a vacuum.............and pop.......you probly know all this if you fish, LOL..............the first pop is when he sucks it in, the second pop is when he spits it back out and you aint got him!

I haven't been fishing since I was about 11 with my Pop. I use to enjoy those trips; just me, him, his beer & the side of him I use to only see when we fished. He's been gone over 25 yrs now but I still miss him.

Whats crackin MC!?
plants look nice!!

Hello my friend, thank you.....I'm having some issues with my veg plants.....they got a little neglected during harvest. I'll get em healthy and they'll be fine. For everyone who frequents this journal, I ask if anyone knows of an aggressive treatment for later stage lung cancer. I have feelers out everywhere combined with my research...........I'm just getting it out there and maybe combined we can do something for this person....thank you all........

wish I could help my friend...
Don't have much experience with later stage.
But I'm sure a lot of people here have..

For everyone who frequents this journal, I ask if anyone knows of an aggressive treatment for later stage lung cancer. I have feelers out everywhere combined with my research...........I'm just getting it out there and maybe combined we can do something for this person....thank you all........

Have you considered Rick Simpson Oil or RSO

[video=youtube;aGjC4HReFL0]
[/video]

[video=youtube;_nm7nqUigFA]
[/video]

[video=youtube;Jz7kDvPo58w]
[/video]

[video=youtube;0JrPGWJpq30]
[/video]

[video=youtube;KZXGH6mYr3Y]
[/video]

Back