Mel's ViparSpectra XS 2000 Sponsored Grow - Blueberry & Northern Lights

I've scratched some fish bone meal in to the soil of the Zkittlez. It's high P, zero K, with a decent amount of Calcium. I didn't use much, but hopefully that'll help.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

Hmm. I haven't noticed that outdoors, but we all know they seem to be a lot hardier out there. And I haven't been looking for it.
I'll keep an eye out this Autumn, but it'll probably just be the Cherry Bomb out there by the time any cold weather arrives.
How about brewing a tea made of banana peels? Could that help?

👍

I don't think so. That would be more of a fix for potassium, wouldn't it?
I don't actually know except that I thought it was high in P and I thought that was what you were looking for. Stoner confusion.

It was a bit warmer down in the tent today when I opened it up, and it looks like the forecast is predicting slowly rising temps for a bit, so we'll see how that plays out.
I gave the Zkittlez a stem rub while adjusting a carhook and it smelled like sweet grapefruit and candy.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

I don't actually know except that I thought it was high in P and I thought that was what you were looking for. Stoner confusion.
I thought I might be confused myself, so I checked it out. Dried banana peels have an npk of 0.6-0.4-11.
So it's great for potassium.
Heyyyy el Beardo!

If that Blueberry doesn’t one day win PoTM I’ll eat my hat 🎩 🧢 👒

Look I won’t, I just wanted to add drama. But I will be shooketh!
Thanks Tra!
Hey, maybe I'll enter it for next month!
No doubt Melvilles‘ Blueberry could easily win POTM… but I’m still passing the salt ^ :laughtwo:
Not the ketchup?

Zkittlez is getting pale. I'm going to raise the MC and go back to adding mag nitrate. Every fix I've tried has either had no effect or has made things worse, so aside from raising the nutes I'm just going to roll with it.
Blueberry is rolling right along, and I'm quite happy with her progress.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

Have a great night everyone!

Girls are doing well today. Blueberry has started putting on some frost.
They should start smelling soon.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry
@Canuk Seeds

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

Good to know. I'm growing these two mainly for vaping, so I don't need lots of mass. I also have a bunch from this past summer's grow.
I have one more seed of this one from my last Herbie's order, so depending on how this turns out we may be growing it again soon.
Looking good Mel I think you’re going to be growing it again soon.lol. CL🍀👀👍

I'm seeing trichomes starting to form on the Zkittlez, and there's just a tiny hint of purple to the leaves of the Blueberry.
I'm hoping that comes to the fore later in flower.
I'm also going to start bottom watering these girls. Make sure I'm fully saturating the medium.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

That Blueberry is a strikingly beautiful bushy plant.
Thanks Carmen!
I'm loving her structure.
Indeed! The shape alone makes me want to place a seed order!
Well done Mel!
Thanks lootz!
Looking good Mel I think you’re going to be growing it again soon.lol. CL🍀👀👍
Thanks Cap!
You know, I do often have either Blueberry or a plant with Blueberry genetics in my grows.
It's truly one of my favourites!
That's exactly what I did with my Le Creme CBG thos morning: back to basics with MC, magnite, and some TPS calmag. Hope it works for both of us!

On the other hand, that BB looks perfectly happy. :)
Hope it works for both of us too!
Being bred from landraces I'm not surprised the Blueberry is more resilient.

Interesting Mel. How do you plan to bottom feed? What made you decide to make the adjustment? Have you started yet?
I have some trays for my grow rack. They're 120cm by about 45cm. I'm thinking of putting them in one of those and pouring 4 litres of feed in there and letting them soak for a bit before putting them back in the tent.
Otherwise I'll put them into a tote and do it there.
The leftover feed can go to the clones and other houseplants.
I haven't started yet. The water seems like it's coming out of the medium higher up the pot and not fully saturating the lower part, so I'm not sure how the roots are doing down there, or if they've even had a chance to fill that part of the pot.
It's a bit late to change the way I'm watering, but it shouldn't hurt anything, and might help.

Well, it looks like I'll be top watering the Zkittlez plant.
I "acquired" a 67 litre circular tote with rope handles to put the plants in for watering, and the dowel is too long to fit. The grow rack tray turned out to be unsuitable.
The issue is now affecting the Blueberry as well. Given the fact that this has happened with two different brands of nutes and seems to strike at random times, including seeming to recover and then getting worse, and now not being a problem through veg and the first part of flower before striking the Blueberry, I'm stumped.

ViparSpectra XS2000
@ViparSpectra

Blueberry

Zkittlez
@Herbies Seeds

Back
Top Bottom