Mmmmick 288W LED Development SCROG White Widow

Just a couple of pics of the seedlings before transplanting to 4 inch pots. They are stretched but I'll bury the stems partway. Next seed grow I should have a better handle on where the light needs to be to get them to grow more compact.
Included the orphan that's growing out of the broken taproot tip. It's trying hard to be a real plant like it's bigger sis.
Should have transplanted last night but company and thc kept me out of the grow room.
IMG_12223.JPG

IMG_12231.JPG

IMG_12264.JPG

hi OMM

She's a tiny girl but she's trying.

yeah the others are ready for a basketball team. leggy girls, they are. We can handle that tho.

Hope it's all sunshine and cool breezes for you today.:cool:

CNBC has been pushing MMJ all week. They are paid shills for Wall Street but it can't hurt to get some mainstream media on the pump.:thumb:

Hi wizewizo, in my case it takes money to save money but the sentiment is the same.
I spend it when I have it to spare, but there are so many goodies I'd like to take home with me. I got it bad enough that I leave my Visa and debit card at home now when I shop, lol.

I've been meaning to get over and check out your journal, matter of fact I'm heading there now.

All transplanted into 4 inch pots, promix and 25% perlite.
The light is at 30 inches (81cm) until I get a handle on just how the younguns like it. Nine Mangos in front, nine WW in back.

rsz_1img_1234.jpg

Hi Slowpuffer, I don't think my rep gives points yet, but I can hit the winner with multiples, heheh.

Hows it hangin? I'm still waiting for that bud pic you were gonna pm. heheh

Actually I checked out your gallery so I saw it already.
My supplier didn't have any good ideas for the light repair other than sending back to the factory they came from. Which is tough when the reseller is probably vanished.

Thanks, I hope to get through this one without hangups now that it's started up again.

I lowered the light to 24 (app 61cm) inches last night. The seedlings show no ill effects at that distance. I'll drop it further in a day or two, don't want to burn them but I'd like to know whats safe, for reference.

Revised plan, I'll raise a few of the seedlings rather than risk them all.

The dry areas are recently levelled low spots. Starting day 11 (most of them were above ground on the 16th.)

The light has been at 24 inches for 2 days. I'll raise a few plants tomorrow to see how they handle it.

Can any hps users tell me how close you'd have a 250w around 11 days in?

IMG_13107.JPG

Thought I'd toss up a pic of the broken taproot plant. Lil bugger is trying hard to be a real plant, heheh.

IMG_13001.JPG

Started off as a 1/4 inch piece of broken root tip.

Thought I'd toss up a pic of the broken taproot plant. Lil bugger is trying hard to be a real plant, heheh.

IMG_13001.JPG

Started off as a 1/4 inch piece of broken root tip.

The fight for life is amazing. I think it will make it! deserves a spot in someone's garden. :cheer:

How's things doing my friend?:surf:

Such a tiny little thing but she's trying.
I'll let her run for a while, but at this rate I may have to upsize her pot from a starter plug to a 2 and 1/2 incher for flowering, lol.
Maybe a POTM entry is in order, heheh.

All the seedlings are doing fairly well, maybe not quite as fast as they might because I was paranoid about moving the led too close to sensitive plants. New design with no prior grows to reference left me with the need to be cautious. Some of the leds are near UV and also IR so I don't know yet how close I can get.
Better a little slow than burnt. I moved the light to 18 inches and raised 3 of the Mangos to 12 inches to see how they handle it. Next run I'll be able to start at distances I know are safe. In the meantime everybody is green and happy.

day 13

IMG_13205.JPG

Hi Mmmick You got it POTM material!:surf:

All the girls look good.:thumb:

Since your going to have a limited amount of plants, are you going to FIM them? One more leaf and you can start now, if you wanted to. Been reading up more on the subject since you taught me how. Of course you know how you want them to grow. Just wondering.

Truthfully the girls have grown pretty well and you should be in real business in no time. I starting to feel as like a neighbor looking over your shoulder.:cheer:

Hi OMM, maybe next month for POTM if she gets over a half inch by then, lol.

Yes I plan to try to FIM them at node 4. Some are close but I'll probably wait a day or two before cutting them. I have to cut a little deeper than my previous attempt apparently. That one only gave me two new tops and a couple of nodes with square leaf tips, lol. If I have trouble with them I'll top them a couple of times instead. Lots of time before they go under the screen.
They are doing pretty good I guess. Seem a little slow to me but I've always grown from clones so it's a new process for me and I did start with the light quite high. I know what distance they can handle now so I should be able to get a little better start on the next round.
Well neighbor, I welcome the company but if you need to borrow any tools be warned, I come with them to help with the work lol.:smokin:

Hi csudh, welcome.

I've moved the light down to 12 inches and they aren't showing any difficulty with it. I've seen a few other led grows but didn't want to go with the same distances due to the different mix of leds. I wasn't sure how the younguns would handle the far ends of the spectrum, and already had some delays with this grow so I was overly cautious.
Now I know where to start with this particular light. Are you using the 126w first gen or the newer version?
Don't be shy to speak up if you see anything wierd going on.:welcome:

Day 15

The even numbered plants with worm castings added are on the right. Just watering, no other nutes yet.
Planning to FIM them all as soon as the 4 th node is a little bigger.

IMG_13284.JPG

Hi mr.b. thanks. Could be awhile, I have to either clone to sex them or reduce lights-on time to try to help with preflowering. I plan on giving them a good veg because it's important to get a handle on coverage for this LED so I'd like to fill the future screen sufficiently that I can get a handle on the led performace.
The closer I get to an empty stash the more I appreciate growing from clone.

Back
Top Bottom