Mmmmick 288W LED Development SCROG White Widow

Looking good there Mmmmick

I'm gonna try to do a scrog here soon, but I'll have to pleasure of cfl's for my grow. Planning on building it tomorrow. I only have 1 plant so I was thinking maybe a 2x2 if that not to big for just one plant. She has a nice canopy already and just about level overall.

Good luck with the FIM and I can't wait to see how they look in a few weeks.

Hi L1, thanks bro.

Good luck with your scrog. Cfls can grow some very nice plants so I wouldn't worry about that. (but you know that already cause you're smoking it, right?) :bong:

2x2 will give you lots of room to train your plant for the screen, there's no need to fill the screen every time. Don't go too small on the screen hole size. inch and a half or two inch spacing gives you a little room to pull branches without beating them up and you want a little room around the buds to allow them to light up well.
Your LST gives you a bit of a headstart for the scrog. You might only need a couple of weeks more veg to let the plant take to her new hat before flowering.:goodluck:

Thanks Spike, a little overkill but I gotta get a crop on the go. Been nothing but delays since the first of the year.
Hows your bro doing today, still improving I hope?

Hi L1, thanks bro.

Good luck with your scrog. Cfls can grow some very nice plants so I wouldn't worry about that. (but you know that already cause you're smoking it, right?) :bong:

2x2 will give you lots of room to train your plant for the screen, there's no need to fill the screen every time. Don't go too small on the screen hole size. inch and a half or two inch spacing gives you a little room to pull branches without beating them up and you want a little room around the buds to allow them to light up well.
Your LST gives you a bit of a headstart for the scrog. You might only need a couple of weeks more veg to let the plant take to her new hat before flowering.:goodluck:

Yuppers I know that one 1st hand, I've smoked a bunch of buds grown under cfl's, so it's all good. I might get a couple more 42 watters though. Yea I got chicken wire with 2 inch holes, don't want to damage her to much.

My lady is a good foot wide so far and once I put her in the The Bloom Room she will get huge because the lights are like 3-5x brighter than in the veg room. I actually use only 252 watts per hour but when you add up what the bulbs are equal to it's over 1000 total watts and around 12,000+ lumens I think.. Not bad for cfls...

I was thinking the same thing about how much more to veg her, I hope she turns out good.

It doesn't take much more than a bit of screening and a few sticks or pieces of pvc pipe. More yield in the same space, I think you'll like it Spike.

L1 She's already pretty low and wide so you could probably start to flower in a week or sooner. A couple of days might be enough, if she's a good size now. Just a little time to take to the screen is helpful then flip and be prepared to do some tucking. You will want at least 25% of the screen empty when you go to flower.

The dry areas are recently levelled low spots. Starting day 11 (most of them were above ground on the 16th.)

The light has been at 24 inches for 2 days. I'll raise a few plants tomorrow to see how they handle it.

Can any hps users tell me how close you'd have a 250w around 11 days in?

IMG_13107.JPG
I'd say about 18 inches.

Hi Slowpuffer, thanks for the info.

I'm still keeping an eye out for any stress on the plants due to light distance. A few of them are drooping a bit but that may be due to other issues.

L1 She's already pretty low and wide so you could probably start to flower in a week or sooner. A couple of days might be enough, if she's a good size now. Just a little time to take to the screen is helpful then flip and be prepared to do some tucking. You will want at least 25% of the screen empty when you go to flower.

Sweet that sounds good to me, the sooner the better. I was planning on doing a little weaving in and out of the holes when needed. I'm excited to see what this can do..

Hi csudh, welcome.

I've moved the light down to 12 inches and they aren't showing any difficulty with it. I've seen a few other led grows but didn't want to go with the same distances due to the different mix of leds. I wasn't sure how the younguns would handle the far ends of the spectrum, and already had some delays with this grow so I was overly cautious.
Now I know where to start with this particular light. Are you using the 126w first gen or the newer version?
Don't be shy to speak up if you see anything wierd going on.:welcome:

Thanxs mmmick.

I'm using the first gen led's with t4's added for my pre-flower tent. Also, I started a white widow and she seems to run slower than my bubba's and train wreck but she's a beauty.
I'll look through your thread and check you #'s but all looks great so far.
Keep on rockin it :bong:

Sweet that sounds good to me, the sooner the better. I was planning on doing a little weaving in and out of the holes when needed. I'm excited to see what this can do..

When you are tucking branches keep pulling them back under the screen, don't allow them to cross above the screening then back under, as in weaving.
You probably knew that but just wanted to be sure.

csudh, my widows are pretty close to the Mangos so far. Maybe too young to see much difference yet.

Nice strains by the way. Thanks for checking things out.

Thanxs for putting such a kick ass journal together.

They look very even to me. Mine showed its slowness immediately from the others. When your scrog goes up, it should be perfect.

Your new gen led looks to have the correct mix. It should rock!
I can hardly wait...:reading420magazine:

The journals are always enjoyable, maybe of some use to newer growers.
I'm really looking forward to getting a screen full of green again.
Yeah I think the wavelengths are getting to the point where they cover the ranges these plants love. I hope this particular combo has it pegged.

When you are tucking branches keep pulling them back under the screen, don't allow them to cross above the screening then back under, as in weaving.
You probably knew that but just wanted to be sure.

No, I did not. Good looking out. That's news to me and I'm glad you informed me....

Your the man Mmmmick...

Back
Top Bottom