My First Grow Or A Brown Thumb Account Of Events

I don’t think taking your plant outside is a good idea. You don’t want to have to deal with mites or whatever other insects live out there. Some people even change clothes after going outside, before opening their tents.

Wow, I would have never guessed we live in such a hostile world for plants. I guess with so many people doing outdoor grows, I just thought differently. More valuable info, Thanks.
Lol my outdoor plants over the summer had so many bugs. I might be a little paranoid. But everyone who’s ever had to deal with mites is a little paranoid too. I think the problem is a grow tent is a perfect environment for them with no predators so they can quickly run rampant. I have white flies that I’ve been fighting for months, I hate spraying stuff on my plants.

Outdoor growers get the help of numerous beneficial predators, which aren’t present in an indoor grow. With some insects, without the predators, it only takes a couple of individuals to very quickly become an infestation.

This morning completed the first 12hr lights out cycle for my plant. A very long awaited moment since the3rd of December. I did close the back screened access flap last night so the temp this morning was a nice 71.8. It may have been a little lower during the darkest of hours in early morning, but the Reptile heater keeps chugging along.
This was what I was contending with and as it stretches I can only consider how much more in the way and obstructing the view of what's going on in back this would become. I also thought about my issue with lower head clearance on the top right side of the tent due to the blower vent that comes in there.
Turning the plant this way will put the branch in charge in the back and make everything in front easier to see.
Gently putting the screen back into place and you can see how much that one branch loves to be above everyone else. This particular branch is part of the node that broke a couple of days back down at the 5th node. Straight down the middle between the two branches, directly below the point I topped.

Good Morning Sunshine. Just after light came on this morning after a second night of 12 hours lights out. I'm guessing the stretch really hasn't even taken hold yet, but the growth is wild. I'm beginning to have dreams of crazy yield.

Looks like more growth since the last entry. I guess this would be the beginning of the stretch. I did look up close with a loop and I think I see a spade looking Girly part. No fine white hairs yet. Fingers Crossed.

Ok, so with recommendations to bring out the whips and chains:eek:, I'm going to attempt to tie the end of this miscreant down a bito_O. I wasn't considering I could pull it over and tie to the net bar on the side of the tent. If it keeps going I can lead it around the side like a vine, perhaps. :p;)

Felt the heft, and it's not ready for watering quite yet. Was on a 2 day schedule, but now after flipping the lights I guess it's not drinking as much during the lights out cycle. Will also pull out carefully and do some major defol, per brother FelipeBlu's example. I am beginning to find yellow leaves way down deep and some are shriveling up, others are actually falling off. Guessing I also need to clear out the under brush a bit more aggressively.

Back
Top Bottom