My First Grow Or A Brown Thumb Account Of Events

Watering Day again at the Zoo! Right at 4 months since I germinated the seed. I'm seeing huge growth each day, somewhere between 1 to 1.5 inches in stretch. I was tucking up to the last time I watered, and now I think it's time to let them climb out and get ready to make Nugs. I've turned the reptile heater down to 70degrees and that should keep it comfortable at night. Had to increase the blower speed some to keep it under 80 degrees today. So the Perfect Sun Mini's do produce some heat, but manageable.

The Hempy Cup Clones are requiring daily feeding of about 75-100ml's of 6.3ph Dyna-Gro Nutes Protekt and Bloom at 1/2 tsp each and Bonicare CalMag is 1tsp and I started adding 1ml of Bonicare Hydroguard today for the first time. The underneath and above shot show's lots of growth and I have the lights currently at recommended height of 24inches above.
From above it's looking very nicely filled in. It could be a bit fuller I guess but this is what it is in the moment. Growth above the screen is at about 6inches.
The Hempy Clones are off to the right and doing extremely well in my opinion. They are all at about the screen height in the moment and in three days I'm expecting to be above by a couple of inches hopefully. All in all, I'm extremely happy with were little Miss Rae Skywalker is at this point.

Looking great! That screen will probably fill out quickly.
There are still smaller bud sites looking to pop up above the screen all over. Many or the larger branches have strings of sites for 4-8 inches with very tight nodes. This is going to be beautiful when it starts flowering. I might need some help grooming as time goes by, so stay close.

3 day watering cycle at the zoo. For now it seems like my Rae Skywalker has settled into a 3 day cycle. The Hempy Cups require 100ml almost every day with a bit of runoff.
The stretch is certainly on. I'm very please with my sea of green and the way it has filled in. I would like to see at least another 7-10 days of stretch at the current rate. More would be awesome. Since this is a regular photo seed who knows what the performance will be.
It appears I have a continuing issue with a small number of leafs underneath turning yellow. At this point I don't feel I have any major issues. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.
I have started adding a small amount of Bonicare Hydroguard with each feeding. Calls for 2ml and I'm starting off with 1ml each time. I've also added more of the Cal Mag to both the soil and hempy feeds per outside instructions aka brother of mine. Current pH for soil has been consistently around 6.5 and between 6.2 -6.3 on the hempy mix.

Thanks, that was my take also. FelipeBlu just sent me an interesting read on Defoliation that I will most likely do tomorrow which will eliminate those yellows anyway. I think this older thread on the subject will be a game changer.

Just call me Edward Scissorhands! I mentioned that @FelipeBlu sent me an interesting read so I will share it. Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it?
Reading it and running through all 39 pages of post I became very enthused with the process. So I could hardly wait until light on time this morning at 9am to get started. I started the morning with this picture before making any cuts.
The process is to remove as many main fan leafs that create shade and block penetration of the lights.
So the following few picture are the after shots back in the tent. I turned little miss Rae at 90degrees each time to get a complete view all the way around.
Finally a birds eye view from above to look at all those beautiful heads shining up. The view of my little Hempy Clones off on the rights side shows they are very happy also. I used the same technique for them, hoping to concentrate more energy into bud growth near the top.
Currently I have removed my screen and will look at doing some super cropping Bassman style, to keep my heads somewhat close to the same level. One thing for sure, I should have a very large increase in light penetration at this point. Supposedly this will also encourage an increase in yield. One can only hope!!! :drool::bongrip::yummy:

I have been only posting pictures on watering days and special moments. Well this is one of those special moments. Yesterday I checked the distance between the light and my plant and measured 24 inches which is exactly where I want to keep it until flowering begins. Per Neil at Perfect Sun I can reduce the distance slowly in the last three weeks of flowering down to 18".
Measured this morning less than 24hrs since last measurement and came up with 20 inches between plant and lights. HOLY Crikey 4 inches of growth? Maybe not exactly, perhaps there was some rebound after removing the screen. Moved light up 4 inches and also measured the remaining head room I have to adjust the light upward. 12 more inches. Hopefully I won't run out of room as I'm already at day 26 since the flip to 12/12.
Thankful that I purchased a Gorilla Grow Tent and they offer 1foot extensions for my lite version, which I bought a couple of months back in preparation.

Question for more experienced growers. I have quite a few of these small stems with a single small but out on the end. I don't know if I should get rid of them and send more energy up to the big bud stems or keep. At best they are going to create perhaps single popcorn buds that will barely be a bong hit???
Also should I clean off the leafy action that is happening on larger stems

Good Morning World. Damn I love the smell of cannabis in the morning! Ok, Watering Day at the Zoo again. While at it went through and trimmed off the tiny and small one hit wonders buds on stems by themselves. After trimming, I came in with some much easier to apply super cropping to no one bud lets height go to her head.
Of course the sacrifice to the Hemp God was obligatory.

Now that I can see things much better in my grow after some very heavy defoliation, I was able to count my remailing Pre-Colas. It appears I have 32 total with about two thirds of them being at least 5-7inches long and many bud sites only the nodes. Forgive me if I have any of the nomenclature wrong. Correcting will be a learning experience. So I took a few pictures to show what the easily photographed ones looked like.
As noted about 2/3 thirds of my total are looking rather much like these. One thing curious is I have actually seen much length growth in the last few days, and the filling out is not that much either. Could it be a bit of shock from the major trimming/defoliation I did?

Also, to be noted I'm turning the plant about 90degrees each day to give it a little different exposure perhaps to the light.

I watered on Sunday and had almost 36oz of runoff as I gave a complete gallon. So yesterday I was really surprised around 4pm when the lift weight on Rae was very light. Even though I was getting ready to go out and drive FelipeBlu reminded me that flowering plants should never go thirsty. So made a nute mix and balanced my ph and fed about 2/3 of a gallon with maybe 10% runoff. Going to have to reevaluate my feeding schedule and process now that flowering is in place.
I did get up this morning early to take my car to the shop and came back home and spent a little time fondling and lightly trimming some more fans that had grown out some. There does seem to be buds filling out in the absence of vertical stretch. Perhaps that stretch thing I dosed through.

I was so stoned :p last evening after watering I got really artsy fartsy with the pictures above. :bongrip: I actually left my phone down in the garage on the grow equipment/mixing table all night long! :ganjamon: At least I remembered where I left it and didn't have to go looking for it all over the place or call it from another phone. So here are some pictures from this AM after going down to check to make sure the lights came on and grab the phone.

I actually think there is some stretching growth still going on. The long colas on the left back side are definitely taller than they were yesterday. I'm also seeing some movement from the cluster of smaller colas directly in the middle.
As impatient as I am for harvest, it wouldn't upset me if I got some additionally serious stretch growth. Just saying! :popcorn::cheer::drool:

Back
Top Bottom