My First Time Growing

You got that right Jimmie! I love being able to tell the difference now and the perks are going to be so much better than vegetables (I'm an anti-vegetarian with only a couple exceptions such as corn, green peppers and sweet potatoes). I can't wait until I can quit using my narcs. I'm sure I will be like another wonderful person here who hates pain too and for me once every couple of weeks I will have to use a pill (if I HAVE to only). But that's my goal and doesn't reflect on anyone else who likes it recreationally since I know it is so much safer than alcohol from my old job (you wouldn't believe the number of alcohol OD's we used to see before I got hurt). And never one for THC!

I can't wait to find out how it works for you Smoke. I don't have pain issues at this point, but it can happen to anyone at any time so this is going to be a great learning experience for the future if I (or any of your readers) ever need it for something other than recreational.

I can't wait to find out how it works for you Smoke. I don't have pain issues at this point, but it can happen to anyone at any time so this is going to be a great learning experience for the future if I (or any of your readers) ever need it for something other than recreational.

You know it! I truly hope it never happens to you, Being in pain 24/7 totally sucks (that's the only reason I ever agreed to take all the narcs) and afterwards it can get even worse from something as simple as picking up a toothbrush. I will be posting how much it helps (experimenting with small amounts given to me show it does help) me and how fast I can quit the narcs. I am totally :drool:with anticipation! ALL I care about is quitting these damn narcs right now (although, my grow will be used to help me recreation-ally too I'm sure :lot-o-toke:!)

I'm not sure if your little veg area is wide enough for one or not. But I use cfls in my veg box too, and I've good results with just a standerd 2-32 watt 5500k bulb flouro modified t8 shoplight. I have any where from 3-6 plants under it from seedlings to my bushy mother plant. And it works great, and runs super cool, @ like 73° with only one fan circulating constant. I only add 2 extra small cfls to my mother plant because she is so wide and sticks out from under the lamp. They can be had from the hardware store, with bulbs for under $30. Somthing to think about if you ever go with a larger veg area. But looks like your doin pretty darn good now, wish I would have found this journal sooner. Is that the first clone you have ever cut? Just a few weeks back I tried my hand @ cloning for the first time. Need less to say since those first 2 rooted, I've went clone crazy since then and don't even think about fooling with germinated seeds any more. Crossing a few good bagseed strains with pollination is next on my list.

I'm not sure if your little veg area is wide enough for one or not. But I use cfls in my veg box too, and I've good results with just a standerd 2-32 watt 5500k bulb flouro modified t8 shoplight. I have any where from 3-6 plants under it from seedlings to my bushy mother plant. And it works great, and runs super cool, @ like 73° with only one fan circulating constant. I only add 2 extra small cfls to my mother plant because she is so wide and sticks out from under the lamp. They can be had from the hardware store, with bulbs for under $30. Somthing to think about if you ever go with a larger veg area. But looks like your doin pretty darn good now, wish I would have found this journal sooner. Is that the first clone you have ever cut? Just a few weeks back I tried my hand @ cloning for the first time. Need less to say since those first 2 rooted, I've went clone crazy since then and don't even think about fooling with germinated seeds any more. Crossing a few good bagseed strains with pollination is next on my list.

I think of seeds as an external input to the growing cycle. Clones are a step in the cycle of cannabis life :)
A baby step, which is why most of them hang out in an incubator :)

20160321_005918-1.jpg

Thanks Jonwayne, Yeah, the results came in this AM, with the exception of a few smaller CFL's from the top, my lighting is good. As far as to cloning, I tried my hand with one before this one and it was dead in three days, This one is hanging on so far and I just have to wait and see what happens. If this one dies, I will probably try some Dip and Grow (I think that's what it's called), My grow is being done on a real tight budget as I'm disabled and don't bring in a lot on money, I have been saving and have some put away now and will probably try the dip and grow next. But thanks for your comments! I appreciate them!!! :) A clone bubbler is next on the list as soon as the wife and I can agree on something personal.

Thanks Jonwayne, Yeah, the results came in this AM, with the exception of a few smaller CFL's from the top, my lighting is good. As far as to cloning, I tried my hand with one before this one and it was dead in three days, This one is hanging on so far and I just have to wait and see what happens. If this one dies, I will probably try some Dip and Grow (I think that's what it's called), My grow is being done on a real tight budget as I'm disabled and don't bring in a lot on money, I have been saving and have some put away now and will probably try the dip and grow next. But thanks for your comments! I appreciate them!!! :) A clone bubbler is next on the list as soon as the wife and I can agree on something personal.

One thing I like about Johnwayne's suggestion of T8 (or T5 HO) tubes is that you may be able to replace your two lower cabinet bulbs with two long overhead bulbs for less money than individual hanging cords at home depot. IKEA has something called a 'cord set' for $5 each but I don't think home depot has anything for less than $15 each - and the ones I saw might not work. - Take your time looking. The bulbs you have seem to be working pretty well :)

Thanks Jonwayne, It is something I will look into. My lower veg are will only hold 2 large plants, but is at least better than trying to veg them in the top where it's even smaller. I'm having good luck now, but will see what I can find.

Thank You!!

One thing I like about Johnwayne's suggestion of T8 (or T5 HO) tubes is that you may be able to replace your two lower cabinet bulbs with two long overhead bulbs for less money than individual hanging cords at home depot. IKEA has something called a 'cord set' for $5 each but I don't think home depot has anything for less than $15 each - and the ones I saw might not work. - Take your time looking. The bulbs you have seem to be working pretty well :)

The only problem I have with the idea is that I have no clue what T8 or T5 HO means. I have never seen one and will have to go to store to see them first before I can even figure out how I would use them. We have no IKEA around us (anywhere) that I have ever seen, without driving for an hour or more and I can't sit that long. I will try and look them up on the internet but don't know what I will find or if it is the right bulbs. I absolutely LOVE that you guys are thinking of ways to improve my lighting still (and appreciate it beyond belief!) but I just have no clue as to what you are referring too. From what I've read from you guys, I'm picturing long straight tubes being placed horizontally across the top of the lower bookcase if I have room for the setup (it's only 39" wide). Is that basically what is being referred too? I also have to figure out a plan to mount them and if it's difficult, My son won't touch electricity (I would, but physically can't anymore). Sorry if I sound like I'm complaining, I'm not. I just don't understand the light jargon yet and am having a hard time picturing any of it. I don't mean to be a buzzkill, But am just completely in the dark (pun intended) about these lights :)

Thank You guys for putting so much thought into my lights, I truly do thank you for all the thoughts!

I just looked those lights up on Home depot and it says they are 4' long and that would never fit in the bookcase bottom. Thank you guys for thinking of me, but I don't think those would work for me. In fact I just looked at the book case again and the 39" is how tall it is, The width is only 29" x 1' deep. But I really appreciate the thoughts!

:passitleft: High Smoke.. You know I think you may have just hit on something... Things are working for you just like they are... Heck look at your bloom tent and if it ain't broke.... there is no reason spending money to fix it.....:high-five: the very best advice I have ever received is using the KISS system... keep it simple....:circle-of-love:

:passitleft: High Smoke.. You know I think you may have just hit on something... Things are working for you just like they are... Heck look at your bloom tent and if it ain't broke.... there is no reason spending money to fix it.....:high-five: the very best advice I have ever re0ceived is using the KISS system... keep it simple....:circle-of-love:

Thanks Dennise, I was just worried about not having enough light, But the 2 bulbs in there are doing it so far now. As well as not being able to find a fluorescent bulb small enough to mount in the lower level of bookcase I'm going to just add a couple more smaller CFL's for now. But your right about it already looking good and may just leave it for awhile and see how they do. The one plant in there is all ready getting bushier since I put them in with the lights I have, Unfortunately the clone looks really droopy and getting some yellow leaves. I think that I just need a bubbler.

Thanks Dennise, I was just worried about not having enough light, But the 2 bulbs in there are doing it so far now. As well as not being able to find a fluorescent bulb small enough to mount in the lower level of bookcase I'm going to just add a couple more smaller CFL's for now. But your right about it already looking good and may just leave it for awhile and see how they do. The one plant in there is all ready getting bushier since I put them in with the lights I have, Unfortunately the clone looks really droopy and getting some yellow leaves. I think that I just need a bubbler.

Hey Smoke I was just thinking about your clone. You have the larger dome propped up and the bottom is open, right? Is the clone in the path of your airflow? I was just thinking that maybe the dome isn't keeping the humidity in if there's too much air going past the open bottom. I'm saying that because my unrooted clone will wilt when the dome is removed for too long because the humidity gets out. Just a thought. I want to see her perk up!

Hey Smoke I was just thinking about your clone. You have the larger dome propped up and the bottom is open, right? Is the clone in the path of your airflow? I was just thinking that maybe the dome isn't keeping the humidity in if there's too much air going past the open bottom. I'm saying that because my unrooted clone will wilt when the dome is removed for too long because the humidity gets out. Just a thought. I want to see her perk up!

She is sitting in a smaller dome upside down with a dome a little larger dome over the top. I have been soaking it every day in clone water for about 15 minutes, But don't have high hopes for it, But I should be getting a bubbler soon and hopefully will have better luck with that. I would love her to perk up too, but think (not sure yet) it's a failure. The bubbler should do the trick for clones in the future though. As soon as I'm done eating, I will be taking care of getting the bubbler.
But thanks!

She is sitting in a smaller dome upside down with a dome a little larger dome over the top. I have been soaking it every day in clone water for about 15 minutes, But don't have high hopes for it, But I should be getting a bubbler soon and hopefully will have better luck with that. I would love her to perk up too, but think (not sure yet) it's a failure. The bubbler should do the trick for clones in the future though. As soon as I'm done eating, I will be taking care of getting the bubbler.
But thanks!

You might be drowning your clone. Rockwoll is picky, which is why I like my clone bucket. The 1 gallon size I use is 8"x8"x8".

You don't really NEED to add smaller CFLs, and adding them next to your existing lights is a waste. The only reason to add supplemental lights in the bottom of your cabinet would be to get some light coming from a different direction. Not really a big deal. You can turn your plants now and then and get the same result.

I agree with Dennise, K.I.S.S. It ain't broke.

You might be drowning your clone. Rockwoll is picky, which is why I like my clone bucket. The 1 gallon size I use is 8"x8"x8".

Hopefully, when I do get my cloner, it will work a lot better than what I'm trying. I will stop soaking the cube everyday and go back to every other or every third day. Thanks Radogast, I hadn't thought of that.

You don't really NEED to add smaller CFLs, and adding them next to your existing lights is a waste. The only reason to add supplemental lights in the bottom of your cabinet would be to get some light coming from a different direction. Not really a big deal. You can turn your plants now and then and get the same result.

I agree with Dennise, K.I.S.S. It ain't broke.

Actually, I have been rotating it (Just one in the bottom right now as well as the clone). I thought of doing that when I first put the lights in and figured it would be good for it to have the lights hit different parts of the plant. Thanks!

I should have mentioned the lights being 4', never crossed my mind. They also make 2' models in 2 4 and 6 bulb fixtures. But like these guys said I wouldn worry with it if what you have works for you. I to am on a low budget. And the thought of clones scared me @ first because there are many many different ways to do it. After tons of research, I figured the peat pellets and cloning powder from wally world for 7 bucks, and clear solo cups to be the best route for me. And so far it has, I've successfully rooted 5/5 cuts so far. And it usually takes 5 days in a dome, misting twice a day for me to have roots big enough to put them in soil. If you have access to YouTube there are some good how to videos on cloning any way you choose to do it on there.
If you get a chance check out the clone I'm flowering in my journal now. It's grew almost out of control on me in less than 27 days.

Wow, the party went to all kinds of kissing going on in here and I missed it! :rofl:

I'll throw a late one in here....

:kisstwo:

Hi Smokey, I'm so happy to hear you are getting a bubble cloner! How many clones can you do at once in it? Mine has room for eight, that's just enough for me. I'm cutting a couple more today now that the veg girls have spread out a bit. (well....a LOT. LOL)

Can't wait to see how things go with it for you.

Lots-o-Luv-n-Hugs!

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom