My Second Grow

jump on eBay and grab a large grow tent mate, $70-100 AUD for the no name ones, and maybe look at a cool tube setup with fan/filter/ducts etc.

Good luck with that, sound like a serious upgrade :)
My tip will be to check couple of times, every hour on the first run, just to be sure that all goes right and the plan doesn't get too much hot temp.

Peace

Hey Bigred,
I hope you have really good ventilation because things are going to get very hot, but a 1000w has will give you 4 times the yield if the plant can handle the heat, if you have a cool tube I would run the light at about 24 inches above the plant until she gets used to it, once your girl is in later stages of flower you can drop it down to like 12 inches, provided you have adequate cooling. I got rid of my HPS as the temps were impossible to manage as I live in 34 degreed c heat in late spring/summer. you will need a 1m x 1m x 2m grow space for 1000w thats for sure. unless its winter where you live.

Thanks man.

I just got it half way rig up. I switched out of my space I was in and went to a entire bedroom where it can have plenty of space and ventilation. I'm running 75% right now and I can see what you mean about heat. This is gonna be a task but if I can manage the heat and ventilation I would like to use it besides cfls. I'm pretty sure gonna run an exhaust fan with some duct work to cool the light with a box fan blowing on plant for ventilation. I have plenty of space for the light I'm just little curious about the light. I have it 22 to 23 inches away from plant now just with box fan right now.

I do have a window a/c unit in bedroom to use if have to. Been kinda chilly here lately

Sent from BigRed using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks man.

I just got it half way rig up. I switched out of my space I was in and went to a entire bedroom where it can have plenty of space and ventilation. I'm running 75% right now and I can see what you mean about heat. This is gonna be a task but if I can manage the heat and ventilation I would like to use it besides cfls. I'm pretty sure gonna run an exhaust fan with some duct work to cool the light with a box fan blowing on plant for ventilation. I have plenty of space for the light I'm just little curious about the light. I have it 22 to 23 inches away from plant now just with box fan right now.

I do have a window a/c unit in bedroom to use if have to. Been kinda chilly here lately

If youre in a bedroom you should be fine mate, just get a fan blowing across the canopy and maybe run the 12 hour of light at night when its cooler, but the big thing is the power consumption is huuuuge, most blokes will use a 1000w to flower 8 plants, so its more worth it when the power bill comes in lol. I would definitely run the air con to maintain 25 degrees in the room, as the plant will suffer greatly if temps exceed 30 ish. good luck mate. good purchase on the HPS you wont look back if you can control temps, just flower half a dozen plants next grow.

If youre in a bedroom you should be fine mate, just get a fan blowing across the canopy and maybe run the 12 hour of light at night when its cooler, but the big thing is the power consumption is huuuuge, most blokes will use a 1000w to flower 8 plants, so its more worth it when the power bill comes in lol. I would definitely run the air con to maintain 25 degrees in the room, as the plant will suffer greatly if temps exceed 30 ish. good luck mate. good purchase on the HPS you wont look back if you can control temps, just flower half a dozen plants next grow.

Thanks man. I will most definitely have more plants going next time. Do you think it's just to much for one plant. Should I go back to my cfls until I have more plants. I know I got more enough watts now. I sure in hell don't want my light bill to raise just like everyone else. I'm running it on only 50% it's been on for last 20 mins with fan blowing I have my temp gauge hanging down by light. Temp gauge is about 5 to 6 inches away from plant its reading 77 degrees F is that ok do I need it cooler

Thanks man. I will most definitely have more plants going next time. Do you think it's just to much for one plant. Should I go back to my cfls until I have more plants. I know I got more enough watts now. I sure in hell don't want my light bill to raise just like everyone else. I'm running it on only 50% it's been on for last 20 mins with fan blowing I have my temp gauge hanging down by light. Temp gauge is about 5 to 6 inches away from plant its reading 77 degrees F is that ok do I need it cooler

77F is perfect :thumb: that is exactly where you want it.
As far as the light goes, its entirely upto you, if you want a huge yield from this plant and a much bigger power bill stay with the HPS, but if you want a respectable yield and to save on your power costs go back to CFL. I'v seen some fantastic yields achieved with over 300w of CFL. So weigh it up yield vs cost and you'll get your answer mate, great job on temp control 77f or (25c) is perrrrrrfect. they will love it.

77F is perfect :thumb: that is exactly where you want it.
As far as the light goes, its entirely upto you, if you want a huge yield from this plant and a much bigger power bill stay with the HPS, but if you want a respectable yield and to save on your power costs go back to CFL. I'v seen some fantastic yields achieved with over 300w of CFL. So weigh it up yield vs cost and you'll get your answer mate, great job on temp control 77f or (25c) is perrrrrrfect. they will love it.

Just checked again temp in down to 75 F. I'm just not sure it's suitable to run 1000 watts for one plant. I got 272 watts off cfls. I think I can get a decent harvest off it.

I am only running at 50% correct me if I'm wrong but does that mean only 500 watts instead of 1000watts just curious

I am only running at 50% correct me if I'm wrong but does that mean only 500 watts instead of 1000watts just curious

Yes you are correct, if you can adjust the ballast too maintain 77F temp in the room, you're looking good.
even if the light is only putting out 250w-500w you will still get a fantastic results.
The full capacity of 1000w is generally for hanging the light up high and getting a massive light footprint to grow heaps of plants, so if you can put the light close (which you have) and you can dim the light (which you also have) it really wont effect yield much at all, I think you're doing just fine mate. keep the HPS running at whatever wattage is producing 77f and you'll have a great yield.

Yes you are correct, if you can adjust the ballast too maintain 77F temp in the room, you're looking good.
even if the light is only putting out 250w-500w you will still get a fantastic results.
The full capacity of 1000w is generally for hanging the light up high and getting a massive light footprint to grow heaps of plants, so if you can put the light close (which you have) and you can dim the light (which you also have) it really wont effect yield much at all, I think you're doing just fine mate. keep the HPS running at whatever wattage is producing 77f and you'll have a great yield.

Thanks again Greenman

I'm running 50% of light power 22 inches away plant temp holding at 77f with box fan on low blowing on plant.

The hps will produce better yield even if I am running only 50% 22 inches. Or would it be almost same as CFL?

Another question is the light penetrating enough on plant better with hps at 50%?

All in all will I get better results using the hps at only half power or my cfls 272watts at 4inches away from plant

Sorry for all the questions I didn't know I was getting the light today. If so I would've done a lot more research. It was just one of them rare moments to either get the light then or just pass on it. I couldn't pass on it I knew it's a good investment just don't know much about the light. I only did one Grow before and it was also done with cfls. Hps is all new to me.

50% on a 1000w HPS should give you a nice yield. Have a bigger grow space and maybe try and scrog the one plant. If you keep it under the HPS it is going to explode bru. If you can't afford a cool tube then a small USB fan attached to the hood to blow on the bulb would help alot. Definitely get an intake and exhaust to move as much air as possible. Keep the HPS set up bru, with 50% power on 1 plant doing a scrog you could get 250-300g atleast

Here's what I got last night. It's a nice setup gonna buy exhaust fan and duct work for light

IMG_056940.JPG
IMG_057241.JPG

If you could get enough ducting and somehow pull in fresh air through the light then temps will drop by alot. Might not even need AC unit then

I'm not even have to run a/c at the moment because of cooler temps due to our winter but will most definitely have to run it come to spring and summer. By then hopefully I will have all duct work and fan. The heat really ain't a problem I can run it at 50% all day with no problems. I would like to be able to drop the light little closer then what it is now. As soon I get exhaust fan to pull in cool air through the tube and duct work. I'm sure I will be able to drop the light few inches closer

HPS will blow CFL outta the water, you will have the most dense frosty buds. although CFL's work fine, if you have the option to use the HPS i say go for it buddy. Good luck, keep us posted daily.

HPS will blow CFL outta the water, you will have the most dense frosty buds. although CFL's work fine, if you have the option to use the HPS i say go for it buddy. Good luck, keep us posted daily.

I'm most definitely gonna keep the hps and see how high light bill goes and go from there. I will definitely finish this my baby under the hps. It's day 43 she's starting to flower I figure another month or so she'll be ready.

I'll keep everyone posted on how she's doing thanks for everyone's help and input.

HELP!! How bad have I messed up? I'm freaking out just went in to scrog my baby and having trouble holding screen trying get it mounted pull some side branches through screen and didn't pay attention like a dummy and the screen caught one of my side branches and broke it.

What's gonna happen!!!

HELP!! How bad have I messed up? I'm freaking out just went in to scrog my baby and having trouble holding screen trying get it mounted pull some side branches through screen and didn't pay attention like a dummy and the screen caught one of my side branches and broke it.

What's gonna happen!!!

Over my first grow when I tried LST I snapped the branches really bad couple of times, she servile somehow..

Peace

Back
Top Bottom