My Second Grow

Quick little pistol shot. She's coming along

IMG_050041.JPG
IMG_049938.JPG

Reminds me of my first grow journal, also had CFL setup with 240w all small bulbs. Should be good for a nice yield, have a nice day :)

Thanks pat999 I was wondering if I had enough wattage and lumens for one plant. How much did you yield?

Sent from BigRed using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks pat999 I was wondering if I had enough wattage and lumens for one plant. How much did you yield?

Think it is in my signature but I didn't yield anythingplant turned out male...anyway it was a great learning experience. Would have most likely gotten about 1zip dried. My plant got really big, was 60cm wide and about 40cm on depth.

Yeah man I just checked out your Grow man and congrats on a Good Job!!

Sorry about it turning male but job well done.

Hopefully I can get an ounce off of it.

The thing is I have a friend that has a 600watt hps ipower Grow light setup. That I could use. I know I will get better harvest but real curious about what cfls can do. Then I want be able to use it on all my grows I still have 9 autos to put in ground.

Thanks brother appreciate the kind words. I went to go look on that journal of mine and saw it got a good rating, was really surprisedand ounce is decent for this setup. I have seen some great CFL grows on the forum where they have 500-600 actual watts, where did you purchase your beans at? I still have my CFL setup but got really excited when I got the Mars 700w panel. I would say if you could afford it get a 400w hps in the future. Have seen guys pull 8-10 ounces which is amazing in my opinion, the CFL is great for learning and doesn't take too much power, specially here in South Africa where we have massive electricity bills.

Hey brother looking good your girl is looking nice and bushy. I have grown with cfls for several grows and I got a lot of learning experience from it and some nice harvest the last plant I grew I had about 300w of cfls and I mean actual watts not equivalent and I got about 3 oz from the plant it was just not dense as I wanted it that was the reason why I switched to hps now but you are doing a great job and it looks like you will have some nice flowers just make sure to add some cfls around it to penetrate in between the shoots and add some weight to that baby

Thanks y'all. I'm trying my hardest to have a successful Grow with cfls. I will most definitely be investing in better Grow light in future. I know what hps can do my buddy did some awesome OF Kush off his 600watt

This is was one of the bud off plant. It was sticky icky

IMG_011355.JPG
IMG_011161.JPG

Hey brother looking good your girl is looking nice and bushy. I have grown with cfls for several grows and I got a lot of learning experience from it and some nice harvest the last plant I grew I had about 300w of cfls and I mean actual watts not equivalent and I got about 3 oz from the plant it was just not dense as I wanted it that was the reason why I switched to hps now but you are doing a great job and it looks like you will have some nice flowers just make sure to add some cfls around it to penetrate in between the shoots and add some weight to that baby

Thanks bro I'm trying to produce a good harvest off cfls. I have 226 actual real watts off cfls. I think that's where I'm going to be unhappy is the density of buds. I know they're not gonna be real dense.

Man if I can get 3oz off of her I will be in heaven. Hopefully she'll produce high yield. The genetic said it's a massive yield.

I will be adding more cfls lower and around her for bigger and denser buds

Thanks brother appreciate the kind words. I went to go look on that journal of mine and saw it got a good rating, was really surprised.and ounce is decent for this setup. I have seen some great CFL grows on the forum where they have 500-600 actual watts, where did you purchase your beans at? I still have my CFL setup but got really excited when I got the Mars 700w panel. I would say if you could afford it get a 400w hps in the future. Have seen guys pull 8-10 ounces which is amazing in my opinion, the CFL is great for learning and doesn't take too much power, specially here in South Africa where we have massive electricity bills.

Your welcome bro your journal helped me out answered a few questions for me.

I bought my beams at the local Home Depot just just 100watts equivalent actual 23 real watts and got a150 watt actual 42 real watts.

Yes I'm getting great experience on my Grow that's why I only started one. I didn't feel comfortable starting two or more without hardly no experience besides one plant. That did very well die to moving compilations I couldn't finish it. She was beautiful 3 weeks in flowering and literally chopped the plant up cause I couldn't take it with me. It was a said day for me.

Here's the latest update Nov. 26, 2016 29 days old. Day 3 in preflower.

Today was water day and she got her first shot of Open Sesame. Let's see how she reacts

IMG_050439.JPG
IMG_051123.JPG
IMG_051237.JPG

True that CFL doesn't make dense nugs like HPS or LED but for a beginner grower it is just the tits. Cheap and easy, the plant just looks amazing man. Much better than my current LED plants.keep it airie bru and havr a nice day

Yeah bro I'm gonna ride it out with cfls this Grow just to see what happens.

Probably gonna buy my buddy's 600watt hps light for next grows

Yeah bro I'm gonna ride it out with cfls this Grow just to see what happens.

Probably gonna buy my buddy's 600watt hps light for next grows

That would be a very good purchase. My future plans is to have my 700w LED and another 400w HPS setup going, get some quality nugs then some dense ones. Would you do more than one plant if you do decide to go HPS?

That would be a very good purchase. My future plans is to have my 700w LED and another 400w HPS setup going, get some quality nugs then some dense ones. Would you do more than one plant if you do decide to go HPS?

All yeah I'm gonna try. My bro got two hps ipower Grow light kits he's using one 1,000watt 6500k for veg then using the 600watt 2,700 k for flowering. He done said something about me be able to get it.

It would be a awesome investment and would be very happy. I would have to move out my closet to a bigger space but no problem there.

Most definitely I will try to grow at least 2 maybe 3 at a time until I get comfortable and figure everything out.

Biggest problem is learning a new light, LoL almost lost my current grow because I was just winging it like a KFC bucket. In my opinion the 6500k spec wouldn't be needed, the yellow 2700k keeps the plants very low and bushy, have a great day buddy and hope to see you get that setup in the future!

Damn KFC sounds good right now Lol yeah that what I'm kinda worried about with new light. Don't want to add it with this Grow she is doing so well. I might see if I can get the hps tomorrow and see how I can set it up in Grow space.

Also I've started on making my own box.

It's going to be 6ft tall and 4ft wide or I might go 4ft tall and 6ft wide not sure which one would be better. That's where the real fun gonna come in. I'm gonna hopefully run 600watt hps. I'm gonna cut holes for fan to blow fresh air in with carbon filter and exhaust fan with carbon filter sucking out. Gonna paint inside all bright white.

It's just a project now but when it's done i think it's gonna do the job.

Thanks bro Happy Growing on your side!!

Going to pull up a chair for this one! Plants are looking great bro and personally I have and always will use CFLs. Personally, if I'm growing in the fall or winter, I always start my plants indoors with CFLs, harden them off and move them outside when the weather permits. Can't wait to see what happens!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I also made my own grow box at first, great fun buddy. Be careful with them power tools and have a great day! KFC would be the balls now .

All yeah man I had all materials just basically around the house besides a few in and outs. I think the box is gonna be great I'll have enough room for 2 maybe 3 plants.

Back
Top Bottom