My Second Grow

6.6 seems fine to me BR. The reason I was asking about what water you're using is- most tap water contains a fair amount of calcium and magnesium.
Commercially calcium and magnesium are usually bundled together in one product- Calmag. Growers who use RO water or rainwater may have to supplement their plants with extra cal/mag, depending on what medium they're growing in. Soil grows generally are less likely to need supplemented calmag. Coco (especially) and soilless/hydro style grows generally do, if they're not getting enough in the tap water.
Mag issues often show up because of ph problems. If the ph is fine though- and yours seems to be- then it's possible that they just need extra magnesium. Calcium and magnesium are usually use together because calcium buffers the mag and helps prevent the plant from taking up too much.
Epsom salts are a popular home remedy source of mag. Calcium is slightly harder to come by but some people use milk. Best to do some further googling and see if anything rings a bell in terms of causes/fixes. Not an expert on any of this. If you have access to a bottle of calmag it wouldn't hurt to add some and see if it fixes the problem.

Update day 17 in veg she's looking better

IMG_041446.JPG

Also do y'all think I need to raise my light some where she can stretch some. I got plenty of height to work with but not much width. I was just wondering?

Sent from BigRed using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Bushy little monster update day 18 in veg.

IMG_042733.JPG
IMG_042839.JPG

Also is it okay that I pull my fan leaves down where my side branches can get more light? Like I've done here

IMG_043037.JPG

For sure bru have you flushed the plant and then just gave it some Calmag? Epson salts also works well for Mag def but I prefer calmag. My first journal grow also started dying on the leave tips. Give it a good flush and start somewhat anew with it. Sounds weird but your plant will love it. Are you going to lst this one??

Yea pat999 I flushed two days ago hoping that might've solved the problem. Waited until today still notice spreading when lights went off I sprayed her down with a floral spray of epsom salt. That's been 9hrs ago I sprayed her do I need to spray her again or should I wait at least a day I'm not sure?

Not sure on LST I've been thinking about it and really been wanting to do it. A little scared don't want to mess her up or putting stress and getting hermies. Basically I'm scared because I don't want to mess her up anymore then what I'll do through the Grow. I'm probably be wrong and I know ppl do it but I thought it wasn't good to top or perform anything stressful on auto. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Try them calmag in the water. 2tsp in about 1L-1.5L. Wouldn't spray it on as light could burn the particals and cause some bad spots but somebody might chip in and say it is fine to spray on the plant. If I understand correctly?

Pat999 - Your calmag mix sounds a bit high. Most people mix at 3 -5 ml per gallon. Also as I mentioned I think before - it contains quite a lot of nitrogen- so factor that in.

2 tsp per litre would be 40 ml per gallon- high levels of nitrogen as well as calcium.

My Grow nutrient is 3-2-4 meaning it contains 3% N
My Calmag is 2-0-0 meaning it contains 2% N - so almost as much as the Grow formula.

I haven't tried calmag as a foliar spray so don't know what rate you'd want to mix it at- but usually foliar sprays are mixed weaker I believe - like maybe a 1/4 strength of what you'd mix it normally when adding to the pot. Check and adjust the ph of the foliar spray too before you use it.
In my experience plain water or weak nutrient mixes on the leaves don't burn them - but medium-strong solutions will. Probably not a bad idea to move the plants away from the light a bit though if spraying, and let it dry a bit before putting it back under.

Yes I wasn't sure about the foliar spray either I tried it one teaspoon in a regular squirt bottle sprayed it yesterday with no problem no spots or anything i just didn't see much improvement so today I mixed one tablespoon of epsom salt to a gallon of water gave it a half gallon waiting next couple days to see any improvements

Pat999 - Your calmag mix sounds a bit high. Most people mix at 3 -5 ml per gallon. Also as I mentioned I think before - it contains quite a lot of nitrogen- so factor that in.

2 tsp per litre would be 40 ml per gallon- high levels of nitrogen as well as calcium.

My Grow nutrient is 3-2-4 meaning it contains 3% N
My Calmag is 2-0-0 meaning it contains 2% N - so almost as much as the Grow formula.

I haven't tried calmag as a foliar spray so don't know what rate you'd want to mix it at- but usually foliar sprays are mixed weaker I believe - like maybe a 1/4 strength of what you'd mix it normally when adding to the pot. Check and adjust the ph of the foliar spray too before you use it.
In my experience plain water or weak nutrient mixes on the leaves don't burn them - but medium-strong solutions will. Probably not a bad idea to move the plants away from the light a bit though if spraying, and let it dry a bit before putting it back under.
No bru I don't use it in 1L, I make 2.5L batches. Also I am using LED and plants are using more. I also have a mag def happening in one plant but it doesn't burn the plant

Question for you guys my plant is 19 days in veg she's looking kinda short to me but she's bushy as hell again first time Growing an auto

I believe it will eventually stretch. Keep tucking the large fans leaves. It will help the lowers get more light.

First time trying LST. I know it's not perfect or pretty just did it. I've done read so many good reviews I had to try it. I'm a little sketchy about it but gonna give it a shot. What do y'all think about it.

IMG_044140.JPG
IMG_043937.JPG

Looking good Bigred!
explosive growth mate, Bravo
Im glad you went for the LST, great choice.
cant wait to see some calyx/pistils!
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom