My White Widow Adventure

OK, I couldn't wait until Friday to pollinate...there was enough pollen to do it today. I pollinated 3 bud sites and decided to take some up-close shots, hope you enjoy them.

I think this is pretty cool, you can see the pollen on the pistols:
IMG_1395.JPG

IMG_1398.JPG

Here are a few more bud shots further away and a group shot:
IMG_13991.JPG

IMG_14031.JPG

IMG_14011.JPG

:peace: :ganjamon: keep on smokin' on....

Hey Shaggy, yes, I pollinated three of the lower buds on one plant... this should give me about 100 seeds or so... at least it did on the chronic that I last harvested. :)

Anyway... I fed them yesterday 1200 ppm sensi a & b bloom and foliar fed them sea weed + just less then 1/4 tsp for 1 gallon of water of fish emulsion. They are really starting to build up the trichs for being so early.

Also, StonerGrower... I took your advice and put in a rolling shelf and put the seedlings on it as they are the same height from light as the flowering plants and I gave them 6 23w CFLs (4 general purpose (maybe 3,500Kelvin) and 2 daylight 6,500K) to add more light.

Anyway, here are some pics I just took, Man! these white widows are pretty plants!

IMG_14781.JPG

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG

I wanted to mix the color up a bit in this one:
IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

:peace: :ganjamon:

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kudos and input :yummy:

I got to thinking the other day, this could be scary, about hydro and how you can adjust the PH on the fly. I have never adjusted my soil except for using PH up/down for the water before watering. I was wondering if anyone has tried using various products like Aluminum Sulfate to lower the PH of soil?

I mixed some in with extra soil I have and figured out how much to add to drop the PH in the soil to just under 6, its like 5.8 - 6. I am planning on using this soil for a future grow but want to know if anyone has experience with this and if there is a noticeable difference in speed of growth or size of yield...

The reason I ask is because I always add 6.0 PH'd water to my soil but every time I check the soil PH it is always around 7. I guess the PH'd water does not change the soil but the plants get the benefit of lower PH in their water?

Any feedback would be great, thanks!

Thanks again for the nice comments everyone. I took a few more pictures today since, while watering, I saw the seeds forming on the buds that I pollinated and thought it would be a cool pic.

Also, the 5 Arjan's haze #3 girls seem to be growing very slow. I guess thats because they are pure sativa? They are about 7 inches tall now, I think they should be bigger. Except for the slow growth they seem very healthy.

On to the pictures:
This is the pollinate bud with seeds forming:
IMG_14782.JPG

One of the top colas:
IMG_14801.JPG

Trichs are starting to build up on the fan leaves around the bud sites.
IMG_1479.JPG

This picture is for *****... don't be mad at me because I keep a dirty floor :smokin:
IMG_1484.JPG

Here are a couple pictures of the Arjan's haze:
IMG_14871.JPG

IMG_14891.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG

Damn your plants look nice. I love the sheen and texture of the leaves. Nice closeup pics of the seeds and trichs. How often are you using foliar feeding and what is your current foliar regemine ie cleaning feeding and what mix? Thanks keep up the good work. Can't wait to start my WW adventure. My room is maxed out need another room... or just what till my ladies go to harvest. Wish I had the bat cave in Dark Knight as my grow room.

Bubba, now you know the identity of the incredible hulk :rofl: Damn! I let the cat out of the bag...I hate when I do that! ;-) I think I had the color swap feature turned on the camera for that shot.

Mr Mcbudz, thanks man. I use just about 1 tsp of seaweed extract and a few drops of fish emulsion per gallon and lately have been spraying every 5 days now. The bat cave would be an awesome place for a grow room! Think of the possibilities!

Bubba, now you know the identity of the incredible hulk :rofl: Damn! I let the cat out of the bag...I hate when I do that! ;-) I think I had the color swap feature turned on the camera for that shot.

Mr Mcbudz, thanks man. I use just about 1 tsp of seaweed extract and a few drops of fish emulsion per gallon and lately have been spraying every 5 days now. The bat cave would be an awesome place for a grow room! Think of the possibilities!

When do you start with the foliar feeding? First sign of leaves?

I start spraying just after the first set of leaves comes in. I pretty much follow Moose's guide to foliar feeding, I can try to find the location and put a link in here for ya later. His routine seems to work pretty well for me.

I'm in between updates right now since not much is going on, they are filling up nicely. I do have a question though..... I was reading another site's description about how to grow white widow and would very much appreciate input. Here is the part that I am wondering about:

"Greenhouse suggests changing the lighting to 8 hours during the last 2 weeks of flowering in order to halt regrowth of on the buds and produce just enough stress to coax out the maximum amount of sticky resin per inch."

Does this sound right to anyone that grows white widow? Would this have an adverse affect on yield? Thanks for any input!

Back
Top Bottom