New Grower - Der Kommissar

subbed Looks like a well thought out plan. Like the old saying "If you're gonna do something, do it right" and this seems to be the case. BTW, welcome to :420:

Thanks for the compliments.
Today I got a bunch of stuff done, mainly i got 'stinky' air attached to the chimney. Not easy task as my house is pretty big, very old and built by people who knew it would be standing in a 150 years. Suffice to say it was no easy task. In fact, before the walls went up, I foresaw this by attaching both sides of my basement via a 6" hole for duct pass through. It was literally among the first things I did on this project and felt very satisfying making the final connection... after a few hours a beating the holy fuck out of it to make it fit. looks good.

Also got the flood table drain tube placed in the drain. that seems to work but will probably need some tweaking when the time comes.

sort of out of cash for a week or so but we're going to sit down tomorrow and watch every video we can on seed starting. Will prob start seed this week....and then the clock starts for finishing everything else. We're going to grow 12 plants first time a round, 3 varieties.

IMG_0311_1024x768_.JPG

Stinky air connection. This the absolute bottom of the chimney, 2 floors above and i sit high on a hill, lots of wind. Needs some sealing/mortaring to finish. That wall is sandstone, btw. 3+ foot thick and divides an old and new basement.

IMG_0305_1024x768_.JPG

The drain tube, 'o-ringed' in. water tight. this acts as an overflow/drain. The o-ring sits down in the drain...about 1/2" below. Just above the o-ring are holes. when the pump is on, it overwhelms those holes and fills and then hits the top, the overflow, assuring the pump remains submerged. when it switches off, the small holes slowly drain it to the reservoir below.

IMG_0307_1024x768_.JPG

IMG_0310_1024x768_.JPG

IMG_0304_1024x768_.JPG

your grow area is well planed out.

Thanks...just hope it does what i expect it to!

Ordered a heat mat/tray combo hooptie, some Root Riot plugs and PH down. it's funny 100 dollars bills just evaporate in the face of this project. I estimate I'm $2500 away from substantial completion.

2x1000 watt light set ups: $600,
co2 gen $270
completed generator $850
Shit load of Nutes $500

Cant wait to start the generator.... should be sweeeeeeeeet.

Thanks for looking!

Worked on the veg light cloud today- color coding the chains and had to move some cable-chases. Thought while I had it down I would snap a pic or two to show it.
Also had to extensively modify some desk fans to make them do what i wanted. Something about bending household electronics to your will that makes my day...LOL.

IMG_0312_1024x768_.JPG

Full view of the cloud from the top.

IMG_0314_1024x768_.JPG

Close up of 1 side showing the color coding. Will save lots of aggravation when raising and lowering it.

IMG_0313_1024x768_.JPG

Fans. I put a lot of work into these little bastards. But the work so nicely.

Getting close to growing. Will start seeds next week. Keeping fingers crossed....

Went to what amounts to the closest hydro shop..about 50 miles. Went in with low expectation, came out pleasantly surprised. Going back Friday with the truck. Will have another $1000 to throw at it. should be able to get a big drain tub, Nutrients and some odds and ends. Going to order co2 generator Friday as well. Just need a 2 burner, anything else is overkill. Going to modify it to extract heat and use the existing duct work to send it out or recirculate.
Was going to start planting today but a certain hydro store in MI neglected to mail the Root Riot plugs. So I called at 9 am. Don't open till 10. Called at 10. That 'dude' isn't in till 11. Called at 1. (I got busy brush hogging) He's on lunch. Called at 2. Got Towlie. I think i got it resolved. Or maybe he heard the beat to Funky Town. Not sure. Local store has a good equivalent. We shall see......

Not sure if anyone is reading this but I'll post anyway.

Been a bu$y few day. Got everything to finish the veg flood table. Put it all together and have been testing it the past few days trying to minimize the amount of liquid needed. went from 50ish gallon down to the 30ish range. that saves stacks of cash. hoping to shave 5 more.
The first grow is only going to have 12 plants. Good way to shake out the bugs in my plan.
Also bought all the nutrients I need for the first and hopefully second grow. Using Advanced Nutrients expert level. Shits expensive, all told $600.
And started seeds today. Using root riot in a heated tray. planted 15 seeds, only need 12 but i 'm counting on at least some loss.
Going to put one more coat of paint on the floor tomorrow and have it ready for growing by midweek. Starts will probably slide into veg area Tuesday. Have a lot of cleaning up to do in there tomorrow.

I'm still here, and I'm sure there are others lurking in the shadows waiting for the main feature on your site. Wishing you good luck on your new grow.

Going to part this post, so this is the first.

Spent yesterday testing and proving the flood table. I'm satisfied.
IMG_0320_1024x768_.JPG

This grow will only be a half capacity grow, so 12 plants this time.
The 'stuff' in there is an exercise in displacement. The wine bottles and other assorted crap displace over 25 gallons of water. so I went from needing 50 gallons of solution to just over 25. I like $aving money. I actually realized plastic milk jugs are the way to go in open areas. Their square nature makes them a real efficient at displacement.

IMG_0323_1024x768_.JPG

new reservoir. A bargain at a hundred bucks!

IMG_0322_1024x768_.JPG
IMG_0321_1024x768_.JPG

Lights. Again, just making sure my theories pan out. Air comes in from outside gets sucked over the lights and ducted out into the basement. That air never is free in the room so I don't have to worry about any smell.

That's it for this post.... next ones special

Per bluefly43 & danklover79 request.....

IMG_0326_1024x768_.JPG

IMG_0328_1024x768_.JPG

Planted Sunday evening. 9 of 15 up.
Fucking sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

First question of this post:

My root riots dried out since Sunday. I moistened them with a 1ml/L solution of sensi grow (.5mlA+.5mlB) PHed to about 5.7. it's prob slightly weaker. Is that OK? They were surprisingly dry.

Spent the better part of the day implementing my "i can do it better" plan.
I give you Ebb and Gro 2.0
Not completely finished but you can see what the end result will be.
IMG_0332_1024x768_.JPG

IMG_0331_1024x768_.JPG

looks like you have your grow area well planed out.

Thanks. now the clock is ticking for completion and sorting out. I estimate I have 45 days to finish the flowering area. That means I have to have a generator up and running, the balance of the lights and all the complexities of the flood system sorted out. Hopefully I'll have the flood system finished over the next few days. Once again kind of low on cash and will remain so for the next few weeks.
Thanks for looking!

Back
Top Bottom