Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

I haven't ever thought about combining strains to better medicate. I used to have the mentality that pot was pot was pot. lol I didn't care what it was called or what color it was, etc. It has only been in the last few years that I have started noticing the different ways pot was effecting based on the strain I was smoking. That is due to the "legalization" effort here. So, now, I know what I'm smoking and I have started to figure out what helps me more.

See? This is a big part of what we're trying to do here, out on the edges of all the grow journals. We all spent significant portions of our lives buying whatever we could score. Didn't matter, as long as we could get high and escape the madness for a while. I wasn't even really aware of the true potential of medical marajuana until I got settled in here. Now we're working on maximizing resin production and ...... I suppose organic complexity is a good way to put it. If I had money to invest, it'd be in terpenes. Lab extraction of the terpenes and flavonoids in cannabis are probably going to blow the field right open, right in front of us real soon. Add to that the potential of liposomal encapsulation and we have exciting times ahead.

Oops, got off track. So we're playing with easy ways to increase resin so you get more oil per plant, how to get testing into the mainstream so we know what we're dealing with, the safest, most cost effective and easiest ways to produce your own oil. We, as a group, haven't yet begun to play with mixing strains to increase therapeutic effect, outside of oil, that is. I may be ahead of the pack with that idea. Thinking outside today's box configuration, I guess. We may be on to something with that though. Hmmmmmm...... There's a lot of information out there that can point you to strains that meet a particular medicinal need, so it shouldn't be any harder than what we do with oil. I wonder if it might turn out that by mixing strains you'd be able to get maximum results with a lower dose?

Gosh :laughtwo: You do bring out the wordy wench in me.

See? This is a big part of what we're trying to do here, out on the edges of all the grow journals. We all spent significant portions of our lives buying whatever we could score. Didn't matter, as long as we could get high and escape the madness for a while. I wasn't even really aware of the true potential of medical marajuana until I got settled in here. Now we're working on maximizing resin production and ...... I suppose organic complexity is a good way to put it. If I had money to invest, it'd be in terpenes. Lab extraction of the terpenes and flavonoids in cannabis are probably going to blow the field right open, right in front of us real soon. Add to that the potential of liposomal encapsulation and we have exciting times ahead.

Oops, got off track. So we're playing with easy ways to increase resin so you get more oil per plant, how to get testing into the mainstream so we know what we're dealing with, the safest, most cost effective and easiest ways to produce your own oil. We, as a group, haven't yet begun to play with mixing strains to increase therapeutic effect, outside of oil, that is. I may be ahead of the pack with that idea. Thinking outside today's box configuration, I guess. We may be on to something with that though. Hmmmmmm...... There's a lot of information out there that can point you to strains that meet a particular medicinal need, so it shouldn't be any harder than what we do with oil. I wonder if it might turn out that by mixing strains you'd be able to get maximum results with a lower dose?

Gosh :laughtwo: You do bring out the wordy wench in me.

I'm laughing as I type this. You had me at liposomal encapsulation. lol I was really just planning to make bubble hash with the sugar leaves and popcorn bud from my harvest. I have just begun to start researching oil production. Would there be more medicinal value in oil over bubble hash? I have always been of the mindset that it takes too much precious bud to make just a little oil. The poor kid inside me tells me that's wasteful. or maybe it's my grandmother. lol This site is so addictive.

Sounds fantastic, then everything will be ready to go when the seeds arrive. I appreciate you following my High Brix journal, might I suggest the hunger games in my sig? It is where I was doing some pheno hunting and where I introduce my new strains. The Hunger games is chem nutes and the High Brix thread is all Doc Bud's organic kit.

The hunger games will start switching over to Doc's kit with my new clones as Do'c kit is growing nicer plants.

I'm laughing as I type this. You had me at liposomal encapsulation. lol I was really just planning to make bubble hash with the sugar leaves and popcorn bud from my harvest. I have just begun to start researching oil production. Would there be more medicinal value in oil over bubble hash? I have always been of the mindset that it takes too much precious bud to make just a little oil. The poor kid inside me tells me that's wasteful. or maybe it's my grandmother. lol This site is so addictive.

There's a recipe we have called Bio Bombs. You mix flaxseed oil and lecithin into the CCO and put it into capsules. It supercharges the delivery system and gets more cannabinoids into your system before they're metabolized (rendered ineffective medicinally) by the liver enzymes. Because you're going through the gut you're going to get buzzed. The dose regulates the euphoric effect.

So, on the surface you used a lot of plant to get a tiny bit of oil (incidentally, "tiny bit" is relative when you talk effect), but what you're doing is concentrating the plant material into the most basic components of oil and then "stretching" that seemingly minuscule amount with the carriers. I'm speaking as one who's learning, albeit a quick study. I have yet to produce my first batch of oil and dose with it, so like you, I'm a noob.

Incidentally, I recently found evidence that oil produced using the whole plant instead of just buds not only increases oil volume but dramatically increased medicinal value by introducing components you're only going to get from particular parts of the plant. Much like they used to believe you could separate out the THC from CBD, only to discover that the entourage effect increases therapeutic value they're now discovering that using the whole plant has its concert to play. I like that idea enough, it feel so right to me, that based on the lab results I saw, this is the approach I'm going with.

You're thinking of cannabis as something to get high and take away the pain, am I right? I'm talking about that sweet buzz I enjoy maintaining with the inclusion of a dosing protocol to offset things like inflammation, scar tissue regeneration, general homeostasis. I'm a reasonably healthy woman, no serious health concerns to speak of, but the lingering case of scalp psoriasis that I've battled since he fell dangerously ill over 15 years ago suggests that internally SweetSue could benefit from a steady dose of supplemental cannabinoids. I think of it as disease prevention. I'm hoping to live to be a vibrant 90 year old, at least. LOL!

Sounds fantastic, then everything will be ready to go when the seeds arrive. I appreciate you following my High Brix journal, might I suggest the hunger games in my sig? It is where I was doing some pheno hunting and where I introduce my new strains. The Hunger games is chem nutes and the High Brix thread is all Doc Bud's organic kit.

The hunger games will start switching over to Doc's kit with my new clones as Do'c kit is growing nicer plants.

I will get over there ASAP Shiggity. I have a lot of reading to catch up on. Thanks for stopping by!

I'm with you on using the whole plant for medicine. I have been reading a lot about root salves that help with pain. From what I understand, there is no buzz effect with the salve so this would be beneficial to my buddy, whom I will be growing for. I think it will be easier to harvest the roots in a hydroponic setup as opposed to soil but I could be wrong. I'm a noob too ;)

I think we are just scratching the surface, scientifically speaking, on what this beautiful plant can offer to the planet. I'm not even going to go into the hemp side of what this plant is capable of.

I hear ya Sue, since I have been on regular cannabis intake my psoriasis has been clearing again!

Good to hear Shiggity. :hug: I had my hair cut last week and discovered mine's healing nicely. Now I'm going to be without again for months, so it might resurge, but I know in the end it'll be a steady supply.

Gotta love those package days!

Btw, C99 is a strain by Female Seeds. A bit pricey for the seeds, but it definitely looks like one of their best strains. Nice choice!

The C'99 is the holy grail of the cannabis strains, as she resembles the high and taste of an exceptionally sweet landrace sativa. This one takes normally half a year to flower, but the C99 flowers in 7 - 8 weeks. On top of that the buds are quite sugared.
This new batch is a cross of two exceptional basic phenotypes, the Grapefruit and the Pineapple. Both derived from the original Brothers Grimm C99. It is ready to flower in 4 weeks from seed, which is much faster than the original C99 (6 - 8 weeks).
One not to miss!

It grows well outdoor, especially in temperate or warmer climates. We even got a little harvest in March from seeds sown in December by the kitchen window!

Height: 80 - 100 cm
Flowering time: 56 days
Seed to Harvest: 75 day
Harvest: High
Taste / Smell: Extremely fruity, like a pineapple / grapefruit
Effect: Feeling warm, happy, very high and creative but with still enough energy to do something
C99 - Femaleseeds

Gotta love those package days!

Btw, C99 is a strain by Female Seeds. A bit pricey for the seeds, but it definitely looks like one of their best strains. Nice choice!

This a strain from Peak seeds bc. I hope it's ok to say that on here. I have heard rave reviews of this particular strain. I hope it's close to what you've described above. I just hope it gets here soon to be honest. For now I will roll with the Tangerine Dream.

Update: I got my fan, carbon scrubber, and speed controller in today. Still no seeds. I moved the Tangerine Dream seed to a wet napkin, tucked it in, and placed the container back in the darkness.
I'm going to go open my presents and possibly hook them up.

Tomorrow is another package day for me and I can't wait! it's like Christmas
:woohoo:

Can't go wrong with bag seed Tang. That is some of the terp-iest nug I have ever grown. Every time I bumped into the plant it would make my clothes smell like citrus weed.

Patience is a virtue, my friend. Don't worry I dont have it either. These plants are great teachers though. :Namaste:

Tomorrow is another package day for me and I can't wait! it's like Christmas
:woohoo:

Package days are the best. I'm scared that I will get addicted to it and keep buying stuff just to get that high when you cut that tape to open your present. ;)

Welcome to my grow Nismo. I need to check out your grow. I have so much reading ahead of me.

Can't go wrong with bag seed Tang. That is some of the terp-iest nug I have ever grown. Every time I bumped into the plant it would make my clothes smell like citrus weed.

Patience is a virtue, my friend. Don't worry I dont have it either. These plants are great teachers though. :Namaste:

My hope is to, one day, have a setup like your Hijinks! You have some nice looking nugs coming out of that space.

Sadly, patience is probably the virtue I need to learn most. But until then, I'm hoping my little seed opens up for me so I can get this party started.

Back
Top Bottom