Noob's First Grow: Indoor, Coco, 4 Plants

On the trichromes, this bit is the hardest to go through after all the work , effort , time. Waiting as they cloud feels like an eternity. You are doing brilliantly. You will enjoy every micron of thc you get to ingest , knowing exactly what love and affection has gone in definitely sweetens the flavours. I would find a nice cosy space next to chocolate for when you harvest this motherlode. A well deserved harvest awaits . Not long now :thumb::lot-o-toke:

Thanks Grandaddy. Wise words... I will be patient for this last leg of the marathon!

Thanks Grandaddy. Wise words... I will be patient for this last leg of the marathon!
pleasure mate , WE ALL know this pain.lol
Love the growing but we do go through the mill the entire time stressing , worrying, rethinking and completing an entire grow mentally before sleep each night. My 2 week old barneys run is already a forest the size of the amazon in my "mental farm" . Will be gutted to weigh the Ounces in the real world come harvest !!
I do "provide" locally with the excess to my needs and i used to feel terrible taking payments initially but.... knowing how much time we spend producing these beautiful buds and the cost to do it financially, that guilt is long gone. Love flooding the market with great weed occasionally and denting the local O.G ! dealers ego and pocket in the process.Lol.

pleasure mate , WE ALL know this pain.lol
Love the growing but we do go through the mill the entire time stressing , worrying, rethinking and completing an entire grow mentally before sleep each night. My 2 week old barneys run is already a forest the size of the amazon in my "mental farm" . Will be gutted to weigh the Ounces in the real world come harvest !!
I do "provide" locally with the excess to my needs and i used to feel terrible taking payments initially but.... knowing how much time we spend producing these beautiful buds and the cost to do it financially, that guilt is long gone. Love flooding the market with great weed occasionally and denting the local O.G ! dealers ego and pocket in the process.Lol.

Ha! :) My little grow is just for Mrs. Bard and me, at least for now. It will be a long time before the provincial dispensaries, or the local grey market, need to worry about my modest production. LOL.

Good afternoon, and Happy Hump Day!

A few fun things to share today. I'll reverse the usual order for this update, and start with my auto-flowering Purple Kush. Today is DAY 89 above ground, and DAY 57 since first pistils. Here she is, in all of her mis-shaped glory:

So I would like the wisdom of the group to help me here... I think she is pretty close to ready to harvest. I am not seeing many new white hairs coming out. Up close, she looks like this (bud shots, no sugar leaf shots this time):

So I am definitely seeing amber, but in the tips only. No amber "stems" yet. Stems of trichs seem mostly clear, with some cloudy ones. As a reminder, I am going to be using this for sleepy-time, so I want to make sure that I get a good amount of amber. I was thinking this weekend (3-4 days from now). What do all of you think?

And just a quick update on my other three plants, all photo-periods. Today is DAY 89 above ground, and DAY 13 since pistils appeared. All of them are looking happy, and shaping up nicely.

Here is the GSC in front (Purple Kush in back left, Trainwreck back right):

GSC budlets:

Trainwreck flower:

Green Crack flowers:

I know these last gals are looking really leafy! However, I am going to leave them be for another week, and then around DAY 21 will do the next big defol. I figure that all those leaves are harvesting light to support the blossom formation. I am seeing preflowers all up and down the stems. By DAY 21, I plan to remove a lot of the leaves at the base (lollypopping) as well as anything that is blocking bud sites. I just don't want to do that too early.

I have humidity in good shape (45-55%) and lots of air movement, so I am not too worried about mildew or similar issues right now. Would rather just let the leaves do their thing to feed the machine.

Look forward to hearing people's thoughts on harvesting the Purple Kush in the next few days.

Thanks everyone for stopping by!

Good afternoon, and Happy Hump Day!

A few fun things to share today. I'll reverse the usual order for this update, and start with my auto-flowering Purple Kush. Today is DAY 89 above ground, and DAY 57 since first pistils. Here she is, in all of her mis-shaped glory:

So I would like the wisdom of the group to help me here... I think she is pretty close to ready to harvest. I am not seeing many new white hairs coming out. Up close, she looks like this (bud shots, no sugar leaf shots this time):

So I am definitely seeing amber, but in the tips only. No amber "stems" yet. Stems of trichs seem mostly clear, with some cloudy ones. As a reminder, I am going to be using this for sleepy-time, so I want to make sure that I get a good amount of amber. I was thinking this weekend (3-4 days from now). What do all of you think?

And just a quick update on my other three plants, all photo-periods. Today is DAY 89 above ground, and DAY 13 since pistils appeared. All of them are looking happy, and shaping up nicely.

Here is the GSC in front (Purple Kush in back left, Trainwreck back right):

GSC budlets:

Trainwreck flower:

Green Crack flowers:

I know these last gals are looking really leafy! However, I am going to leave them be for another week, and then around DAY 21 will do the next big defol. I figure that all those leaves are harvesting light to support the blossom formation. I am seeing preflowers all up and down the stems. By DAY 21, I plan to remove a lot of the leaves at the base (lollypopping) as well as anything that is blocking bud sites. I just don't want to do that too early.

I have humidity in good shape (45-55%) and lots of air movement, so I am not too worried about mildew or similar issues right now. Would rather just let the leaves do their thing to feed the machine.

Look forward to hearing people's thoughts on harvesting the Purple Kush in the next few days.

Thanks everyone for stopping by!
great update mate. very informative and interesting to read. Your correct with your trichrome knowledge and amber stems about 30% will have you sleepy enough .lol. You are killing it mate.

Thanks @Pennywise and @Tomuk17 and @Ganjagrandaddy . I am going to give it until the weekend and then take another look under the microscope. I would like to see a little more amber actually in the stems of the trichs, not just on the tips. I believe (correct me if this is not right) that if I go a little longer, I might risk losing some THC, but CBN will increase. And CBN is the sleep magic! Of course, the best outcome would be a nice balance of all these.

I was curious and wanted to remind myself of what Purple Kush is supposed to be like (it has been over three months since I bought the seeds!). Here is a description...

Purple Kush is a pure indica strain that emerged from the Oakland area of California as the result of a Hindu Kush and Purple Afghani cross. Its aroma is subtle and earthy with sweet overtones typical of Kush varieties. Blissful, long-lasting euphoria blankets the mind while physical relaxation rids the body of pain, sleeplessness, and stress.

That still sounds pretty good to me! In any event, I am in the home stretch towards my first harvest!!

Try it and if you need to adjust for next years harvest so be it.

Yes! And I have the three photo girls several weeks off, so if I find the PK too sleepy, then can harvest a bit earlier with the others. Some of them are definitely designed to be more stimulating than relaxing anyhow, so will lean towards cloudy versus amber with them. Thanks Mr. Wise! :)

Why not do a staggered harvest. Take a cola or more n this weekend, and then every four days until you have it all. Keep an image of the trichomes for each, and then you'll know exactly when to harvest the next time you grow this strain.

Why not do a staggered harvest. Take a cola or more n this weekend, and then every four days until you have it all. Keep an image of the trichomes for each, and then you'll know exactly when to harvest the next time you grow this strain.

Clever idea! Thanks Mr. Salt!

Thanks @Pennywise and @Tomuk17 and @Ganjagrandaddy . I am going to give it until the weekend and then take another look under the microscope. I would like to see a little more amber actually in the stems of the trichs, not just on the tips. I believe (correct me if this is not right) that if I go a little longer, I might risk losing some THC, but CBN will increase. And CBN is the sleep magic! Of course, the best outcome would be a nice balance of all these.

I was curious and wanted to remind myself of what Purple Kush is supposed to be like (it has been over three months since I bought the seeds!). Here is a description...

Purple Kush is a pure indica strain that emerged from the Oakland area of California as the result of a Hindu Kush and Purple Afghani cross. Its aroma is subtle and earthy with sweet overtones typical of Kush varieties. Blissful, long-lasting euphoria blankets the mind while physical relaxation rids the body of pain, sleeplessness, and stress.

That still sounds pretty good to me! In any event, I am in the home stretch towards my first harvest!!
With the right dry and cure it should be an ideal candidate for sweet dreams with a mellow music to flow to. Tou should be proud of tour work here The Bard. a great result on a first grow and so much 420 royalty to share it with you too. respect mate

With the right dry and cure it should be an ideal candidate for sweet dreams with a mellow music to flow to. Tou should be proud of tour work here The Bard. a great result on a first grow and so much 420 royalty to share it with you too. respect mate

Thanks Grandaddy! Your kind words are much appreciated. There have been so many helpful contributors to my first grow here, and it has been a lot of fun. So much so that I now have WAY too many seeds waiting for my next grows. Ha!

Hope that you are having a great day!!

Thanks Grandaddy! Your kind words are much appreciated. There have been so many helpful contributors to my first grow here, and it has been a lot of fun. So much so that I now have WAY too many seeds waiting for my next grows. Ha!

Hope that you are having a great day!!
Yes thank you. Never have too many . start your own seed storage for future use. great to have variety to explore.

Yes thank you. Never have too many . start your own seed storage for future use. great to have variety to explore.

@Pennywise and @Ganjagrandaddy … sorry if my last post wasn't clear. Not making my own seeds, but buying them like crazy. Got some during the 420 sales, and then other "flash" sales. Have them stored with gel-packs in the fridge in mason jars for safekeeping.

I think that I would like to try cloning before I move on to creating my own seeds. Perhaps next summer I will try some breeding! Sorry for the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom