OldMedUser's - 3 Strain - DWC - Soilless - ScroG - ExtravaGanja!

Be well. :circle-of-love:

Thanks for your concern folks and sorry I haven't been around.

The end of the year is always the hardest for me with my constant depression going into overdrive for no particular reason. We lost our water for almost 2 weeks, 13 days, as my line from the dugout got frozen in the ice and it took a week to figure that out then near another week to find the line and chop 20 feet of it out of a foot of ice. It's never happened before and I should have heeded my wife's concerns that the float for the line had drifted inshore before the dugout froze over. Trying to effect repairs with no money takes longer and is a lot harder than paying a pro to fix stuff. I was counting on my appeal for disability to go thru but I guess they figure I've been sitting here in poverty the last 3 years because I want to screw the system and enjoy the high life of the poor and downtrodden. :)

I recently got into making cocobudder and am finding it way better than smoking to help the mood and alleviate my joint pain. A half a tsp of the stronger stuff in the evening gets me high as a kite and lasts well into the next day. I'll try to get a thread going on how I make it.

I recently received some beans for high CBD pot, 3 strains, and a couple of 5 gram samples of 2 of the strains. Seems to have good effect and the high is intense but shorter lived than the regular stuff I've been growing. I'll be popping some of the beans soon and have to have a thread about that as well.

Once the holidays are over I tend to settle down and the new year always seems to hold the promise of better times. You'd think I'd know better by now and not fall for it but a guy's got to have something to look forward too.

:peace: and a Merry Christmas to all! :circle-of-love:

L8r

Nice to see you back OldMed! I know that annual cycle soooo well. It happens in my part of the Canadian North too. People get depressed and start to turn on each other. Things come to a head before Christmas and around New Years the pressure eases and things start to get better along with increasing daylight. Every year I swear I won't be part of it, but it's like walking a tightrope trying not to fall.
The new strains sound very cool. Looking forward to hearing about them. All the best to you.

I can relate to that winter turning, Weasel, mom gets really cranky when she's cooped up in the winter. Drives me nuts! Lol.
OMU, don't leave us hanging like this! What are the CBD strains you picked out??? Inquiring minds would like to know...
:winkyface::)

Hey Oldmeduser,

Your story of your frozen water line reminds me of when out water line broke a long time ago. When I called the city, they told me the break was after the meter so I was responsible to fix it. The meter was a block away from the house we were living on and it followed the dirt road. I walked the road till I found a wet spot and started digging. Turns out we had gophers and the water was traveling along the gophers tunnel and coming to the surface about 50 feet from where the broken pipe was. Man not only was the ground hard to dig but I dug a country mile before finding the leak.
Sorry to hear it has taken so long to get your disability. My brothers wife who had a brain tumor removed and basically had to relearn how to do everything all over again was rejected for over a year before her disability went through. It is sad that the government would think you were trying to screw them out of your tax dollars, instead of applying for disability you need to ask if you can have a no bid defense contract that way you do not have to live the lifestyle you really do not want to live.

Living with depression is a real drag, I know what you mean, have it myself year round, and the fall is always the worst for me. I think it is because when I was young I lost a sister and my father both in the fall. It may be something else, like lack of sunshine but thats my story and I am sticking with it.

I see you mentioned the coccobudder, now that got my attention for sure. I am really looking forward to trying that. I have heard so many great things about edibles.

Hope your holidays are safe and full of nothing but joy :circle-of-love::hug:

Here's the info my buddy gave me about the strains.

The two strains should have initials on the bottle somewhere.....I hope I didnt forget that! If so, I believe one is GF aka Goldfish (Cannatonic x Otto#1), and the other is a cross of Goldfish with a cross of Cannatonic with herijuana. Confusing eh ! lol, All three varieties used to produce all these crosses are high CBD.

I've found I get good relief with Goldfish (may be the Otto, as Otto alone is good as well), but I think (not sure yet) the GF x CH does a better job.

so, GF (Goldfish) is Cannatonic x Otto and CH is Cannatonic x Herijuana

So I have beans for both those strains and some Otto#1 beans too. The Otto is the one with the real high CBD with 3 basic phenos that can go as high as 27:1 CBD:THC. Most are around 10:1 with about 10%CBD. The crosses should be around 50:50 but without lab testing who knows for sure. Have to find a good mom and clone the ones that seem to do best for what ails me.

He sent along about 5g each of the two strains and so far I'm liking them. Real uplifting tho short-lived high and seem to reduce the joint pain nicely. I'm tempted to make a small batch of cocobudder and see how it works as an edible. Maybe cross that Otto with a couple of my regulars and/or the LowRyder1 and make an autoflowering version. I'll be chucking pollen all over the place. :)

For years I wanted the sativa high for my depression but in the last 5 years or so tho arthritis has got a lot worse and now since my little stroke almost 3 years ago I really don't like getting too high. A small hit in the pipe of something uplifting is enough to lift my mood but still gets me too messed up to function well. My tolerance just doesn't seem to go up. With the cocobudder I have to be careful as what seems like a good dose one day is overpowering the next or almost unnoticeable the next. Weird. Seems to take about 3 hours to reach the peak as well.

L8r

Hi again Oldmeduser,

I have to admit that when I picked up the pipe this summer and started smoking again after not smoking for almost 30 years, the one thing I enjoyed the most was the pain relief. When I was younger and would smoke it was purely for the high. Now that I am older, the high actually is not what I remember and while tolerable, the pain relief and how it breaks my depression, seems so much more important. I noticed you mentioned about the edibles that one day the dosage seemed almost to much then the next it was almost unnoticeable. I had a bit of that kind of discovery when I was in Montana with my wife this summer but it was with smoking not edibles. I was having terrible back pains, so bad it was having issues just standing up let alone walking. When I would smoke, I could function, granted I was not out jogging and doing back flips but at least I could do the day to day stuff without pain. But there was 2 days out of the 4 weeks we were there, that no matter how much I smoked, the pain just would not get under control. I tried smoking more, but all it did was get me higher. I really did not care for it. I am not sure if perhaps a few buds of a different strain got mixed in with what I was using or what.

Hope you are staying warm and dry and everything is going well for you and your loved ones.
Take care my friend.

Thank you, OldMedUser... Merry Christmas to you too!

Merry Christmas OG. :love:

Back
Top Bottom