OldMedUser's - 3 Strain - DWC - Soilless - ScroG - ExtravaGanja!

Thanks MagicJim, I'll check that out. :Namaste:

Thank you OldMedUser, that's great information, and I will follow that to the letter. At the risk of being a pain in the a$$, do you have any pictures you can share showing the type of vials, jars, how they are placed while open for the two weeks and where you store them? I'm curios to see how they are placed in jars. A great big thanks to you OldMedUser. When I make my seeds I will want them to be good for as many years as possible. :Namaste::adore:

BigRoot01.JPG

L8r gators!

Looks like "Cousin IT" from the Adam's Family!

Thanks MagicJim, I'll check that out. :Namaste:

Thank you OldMedUser, that's great information, and I will follow that to the letter. At the risk of being a pain in the a$$, do you have any pictures you can share showing the type of vials, jars, how they are placed while open for the two weeks and where you store them? I'm curios to see how they are placed in jars. A great big thanks to you OldMedUser. When I make my seeds I will want them to be good for as many years as possible. :Namaste::adore:

I'll have to take a few pictures for you RS. Don't hold your breath as I'm not on the top of my game right now but I'll try to get them up tonight.

:peace:

Your a good man OldMedUser, thank you and please don't over due it because of me.

I'm not certain if same substance but many with gun safes use something like Lockdown Silica Gel, 450g 222179, which can be found online through a search or at a local gun shop that sells safes.

I'm pretty sure that that's the same thing MJ. They put that silica jell in all sorts of things. I remember once my mom had workers over to do some repairs and after they left she found a little pouch of some crystals. She was all freaked out that it was drugs of some kind. Turned out to be a tiny bag of silica crystals that likely came out of a jar of vitamin pills.

Using old ones won't do much as once they absorb moisture they need to be baked at around 500F for a while to re-dry them. I use a little toaster oven to dry mine out and they turn blue so I know they are good to go again.

Same thing with rice as an absorbent. Heat the oven up to 250F or so then put a cookie sheet with a half inch layer of rice in there until the oven cools down. Store that rice in a sealed jar and it will draw moisture out of seeds just fine. A Tbsp or two in a 500g mason jar will dry a shot glass of seeds way down in a couple of weeks. Then they could be kept in a freezer for years and still sprout like new. If you put fresh seeds in a freezer the moisture will destroy seeds.

There are huge seed banks buried in the arctic that they store seeds from all over the world to preserve the genetics to save us from Monsanto and other demons of their ilk. Easy to find with a little searching. They explain things much better than I can do here.

L8r

I sure wish there was some all encompassing truth I could lay on you regarding feeding with nutes but then I would be god and you would all have to bow down or go straight to whatever hell I pick for you!

Thanks for this awesome answer OldMed. I had thought maybe that feeding curve was a bit more predictable.
I don't care much about yield. I'm pretty happy just growing them and staring at them and learning stuff and chatting with you guys. What I care about is keeping my plants healthy and vibrant- then they can do whatever they want to do after that, I don't mind. Veg is usually pretty easy, and even the first half of flowering. By the end of flowering usually my plants have been somehow bitten by the hand that feeds them. Not always though :thumb: Thanks for the info! ;) :surf:

Quote Originally Posted by OldMedUser View Post

I sure wish there was some all encompassing truth I could lay on you regarding feeding with nutes but then I would be god and you would all have to bow down or go straight to whatever hell I pick for you!

Oh God!!! I see a giant field of weed in my future and a giant cloud raining Paraquat.

For those that may not remember......lol

Dictionary
paraquat
noun para·quat \ˈpa-rə-ˌkwät\

Definition of PARAQUAT: a highly toxic contact herbicide containing a salt of a cation

Just par for the course. lol

I've never tried to use that method of comparing yields. Most of the results using it are not what I know to be comparable to any scientific standards. Same with many "test" methods used by a lot of people here. I spent 3 years in my 30s getting a university level diploma in chemistry and there are very strict rules that need to be followed to be able to declare any result "absolute". Most math was never my strong point tho most that is needed is truly basic regarding plants.

I've seen side-by-side grows done using different lights or different nutes where there was absolutely no adherence to any kind of basic standards yet one was claimed to be better than the other. Apples/oranges kind of thing.

Once I have some clones off my current mother I will use 2 to compare some things that are going on in the forums now. Defoliation for one. There is a thread where the guy defoliates a lot and very often and is very strident about his results. Some of it I agree with but mostly I don't. If I grow 2 clones from the same mother and do everything the same way with both other than defoliating one and not the other I then have a true result when all is said and done. I also want to have a couple that one gets fed lots of colloidal silver instead of just RO water. I'm thinking CS might just be the ticket to prevent root rot in hydro but don't want to risk my next tub to try it. What's the loss of a clone in a pot of ProMix compared to a tub full of plants. :)

Things like using Big Bud to grow big colas is something I know to make a big difference from one grow to the next. I'm a chronic label reader for everything and when looking at all the different supplements for various nutrient lines I find it easy to not go nuts and buy everything on the shelf. A lot of repetition in some of them and that can lead to problems. Lack of spare cash is also a big factor. :;):

Good base nutes is the key. A decent harvest can be had just using them alone. I use soilless only if growing in pots. I've had too much trouble using real dirt and I'm not good with it. I am damn good and consistent with soilless or DWC so that's what I do.

Understanding your plants wants and needs comes with experience and lets you do things that nOObs can't. As long as they get the basics it's not all that hard to grow a decent plant. Too much fussing kills more plants than neglect.

L8r

OK, the entire post was golden enough to merit reposting, but what I highlighted should be printed up and hanging in every one of our gardens.

You sir, never cease to amaze me. Thanks for shaking the contents of your crowded memory cells all over us. It's a pleasure to be around you. Sorry I'm such a stranger. I keep trying. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Big thumbs up for that post!:thumb:

Oh God!!! I see a giant field of weed in my future and a giant cloud raining Paraquat.
OMG do I remember paraquat. When the planes flew over the fields the Mexican farmers would race out and get the plants out of the sun. Once sprayed the pot would turn black after a few hours exposure to the sun. I was dealing bricks of mexipot in Calgary Alberta in the late '70s and early 80's. Shit smelled bad but I knew enough not to buy it. The market dried right up but there was lots of Thai Stick and Jamacian Red Hair around to take up the slack.

Roundup is making millions of acres of good farm land useless because the FrankenWeeds are taking over so now Agent Orange is being brought back. Enjoy your GMO cereal soaking in pasteurized, hormonal disrupting alien animal breast milk sweetened with GMO beet sugar. Bring your kids up to be the next generation of waddling pigs drifting in and out of the local WalMart scarfing down Chinese toxic waste while riding around on free wheelchairs because they are too f'n fat to push a shopping cart.

Look around people! See what we have become! Not me or you but that family of four that weighs out at 1000 lbs just down the street.

Put more sin-tax on the booze and smokes while junk food is cheap and near free. We can use the sin-tax to suck the lard out of bellies and buy more cancer causing drugs to keep diabetics alive long enough to suck all the cash out of them and leave their families in perpetual debt.

I could rant for pages but it's up to all of us to get informed, Free cannabis is a lofty goal but it's not the end all and be all of any thinking beings existence.

Just say NO to the corporate existence that has become our reality.

Let or out, OMU, let it all out.
There. Now isn't that better? Lol.
Yea, I hear ya. Its.all I can do to keep my bees alive!

Never had tap water in any rez ever Tillerman. RO or distilled only.

That's just dried up nutrient salts. When the air bubbles pop they keep everything wet under the lid and the salts get built up a bit on surfaces further away from the water. They don't hurt anything. The ppm in the tub tells me what the plants are actually eating so I don't worry about that stuff. I never bother scrubbing out tubs while the plants are growing in there either.

Seems to work. :) :passitleft:

OMG do I remember paraquat. When the planes flew over the fields the Mexican farmers would race out and get the plants out of the sun. Once sprayed the pot would turn black after a few hours exposure to the sun. I was dealing bricks of mexipot in Calgary Alberta in the late '70s and early 80's. Shit smelled bad but I knew enough not to buy it. The market dried right up but there was lots of Thai Stick and Jamacian Red Hair around to take up the slack.

Roundup is making millions of acres of good farm land useless because the FrankenWeeds are taking over so now Agent Orange is being brought back. Enjoy your GMO cereal soaking in pasteurized, hormonal disrupting alien animal breast milk sweetened with GMO beet sugar. Bring your kids up to be the next generation of waddling pigs drifting in and out of the local WalMart scarfing down Chinese toxic waste while riding around on free wheelchairs because they are too f'n fat to push a shopping cart.

Look around people! See what we have become! Not me or you but that family of four that weighs out at 1000 lbs just down the street.

Put more sin-tax on the booze and smokes while junk food is cheap and near free. We can use the sin-tax to suck the lard out of bellies and buy more cancer causing drugs to keep diabetics alive long enough to suck all the cash out of them and leave their families in perpetual debt.

I could rant for pages but it's up to all of us to get informed, Free cannabis is a lofty goal but it's not the end all and be all of any thinking beings existence.

Just say NO to the corporate existence that has become our reality.

:Namaste:

How is it I have not stumbled in to you before my friend. I have been saying the same thing for years, and people at work act like I am crazy and need to take off my tinfoil hat.
Will be Subbing and sitting over here in the corner if you don't mind. This looks it will not only be educational but enlightening as well. The super rich have influenced so many parts of our existence with so much propaganda that most people can not se the truth if it jumped in front of them and screamed.

I hope your doing okay OldMedUser. We miss your wisdom.

What 60 said...

Back
Top Bottom