OldMedUser's - 3 Strain - DWC - Soilless - ScroG - ExtravaGanja!

Would both pollinate the rest of the plant the same? Got me curious from my last grow. I am pretty certain I had nanners and some some weird things like that in bud washing.. But the WHOLE plant was pollinated. so I was still wondering if one of my three males had popped in a spot that i didnt see before i culled them. Pretty sure I got them out early enough but inexperience..;/

Thank you OMU for all the help you give the community. Your knowledge is impressive

:peace:

FE

Must have been what happened FE. Seeds don't happen unless there is pollen and it only takes a couple of male flowers to knock up all the girls. Starting to wonder if that's why this plant I just finished cropping last night started yellowing so early and didn't grow very decent sized bud. Not much sugar on them either other than right on the buds. Found a few 'nanners in there and a dozen half grown seeds. Once a plant gets pollinated it quits growing new flowers and concentrates on the seeds. Yield really suffers.

L8r

Ya man. I've pollinated on purpose once, I did it two weeks into flower and the plant was half the size of the other four or five in the tent when they were done.I did it separately and Quarantined it for a week or so before going back into the flower tent. It produced seed but the bud went straight to the shoebox.

I have had hermies from a light leak that will throw a few sacs and a few little white seeds but it doesn't seem to affect the bud too much.

Must have been what happened FE. Seeds don't happen unless there is pollen and it only takes a couple of male flowers to knock up all the girls. Starting to wonder if that's why this plant I just finished cropping last night started yellowing so early and didn't grow very decent sized bud. Not much sugar on them either other than right on the buds. Found a few 'nanners in there and a dozen half grown seeds. Once a plant gets pollinated it quits growing new flowers and concentrates on the seeds. Yield really suffers.

L8r

Well hopefully I know better what to look for this time.. Last time I waited until I was certain. Too late. The yield may have suffered due to the seeds but it still has good potency for a crap strain and yield was good enough due to the scrogging. Do nanners mean it has been pollinated?

thanks OMU

FE

Well hopefully I know better what to look for this time.. Last time I waited until I was certain. Too late. The yield may have suffered due to the seeds but it still has good potency for a crap strain and yield was good enough due to the scrogging. Do nanners mean it has been pollinated?

thanks OMU

FE

If you pick the 'nanners off before they've blown then you won't get any seeds but the buggers are hard to spot. Most of the time it's some pollen on a leaf below the 'nanner that clues me into it's presence and by then it's too late.

I got lucky with these ones as the plant that had the 'nanners was in the back and it doesn't seem to have knocked up anything but a bit of the small buds around them. No mature seeds either, just half grown ones so it must have been fairly recent. I'll be chopping more this weekend so will keep an eye out for seeds.

L8r

Time for a little update before they're gone I guess.

I plant to start chopping the next potted plant tonight. It's the smaller area of green/yellow/brown on the right side of the screen. The DWC colas in front are about there too so as soon as I get done the other it'll be going down. They seem to be fattening up a bit yet but very little white hairs and at least half the trichs are cloudy.

ScroG-260915-01.JPG

Time to take some clones off this girl and do up a DWC SoG with 12 - 24 clones in one tub. I'll start a new journal for that one and likely one for some auto crosses I want to do in a kind of SoG setup using 10 plastic tobacco cans with 3 or 4 seeds each to see which ones actually autoflower so I can breed them to get all autos from their seeds.

It's 48" or 122cm between the uprights in that background so you can see how big this girl is getting but she's still only 30" or 76cm tall. She might be going over to my buddy's for flowering as she'll be in the way here. We'll just split the proceeds. :)

NL5Girl-260915-01.JPG

L8r

It's 48" or 122cm between the uprights in that background so you can see how big this girl is getting but she's still only 30" or 76cm tall. She might be going over to my buddy's for flowering as she'll be in the way here. We'll just split the proceeds. :)

NL5Girl-260915-01.JPG

Such an unusual looking plant and its gorgeous. That to me is the perfect image of a "quiet riot". :)

I'm not even sure how a plant like this will flower out. There are so many growing tips inside that the light will barely reach a lot of them. A 400W on each side and one on top might be needed to get the most out of her. :)

This is what happens when you top a plant then top all the side branches. The nodes on the side branches have grown in so densely that you can't even see through the plant any more. If left alone it would be 5' tall and have that classic Xmas tree shape.

I'll be cropping her momma right quick so I hope it's good smoke or I've wasted a lot of time on this one and all the one's coming up in the SoG I'm planning with her clones. The mom has been producing big phat colas with lots of resin on them so I'm not to worried about having wasted my time.

L8r

Started chopping the DWC girl but I think I jumped the gun a bit so only did a few colas. I thought it looked like it was going to be a hard job but it turned out to be not bad. Lots of thickly coated sugar leaves to make some nice concentrates with later too.

Took 4 colas about this size and got 53g of fully trimmed buds and 38g of sugar leaf. Lots more where that came from. Really nice buzz from the scissor hash too.

NL5Budz-260915-01.JPG

NL5Budz-260915-02.JPG

Going to let her go for another week and see if she ripens a bit more as almost all the trichs are still clear and many not fully formed yet. The potted one is about the same but the leaves are getting real yellow so maybe a couple more days for her. They are 61 days from the flip.

L8r

Nice, OldMedUser. Itll be cool watching the unharvested ones mature further. Youll have to give us comparison smoke reports. Early harvest and later harvest. Interesting, I think. :) Congrats on your almost harvest? :blushsmile:

Nice, OldMedUser. Itll be cool watching the unharvested ones mature further. Youll have to give us comparison smoke reports. Early harvest and later harvest. Interesting, I think. :) Congrats on your almost harvest? :blushsmile:

I was thinking the same thing!

Back
Top Bottom