OldMedUser's - 3 Strain - DWC - Soilless - ScroG - ExtravaGanja!

Yes trimming... Funny how I think I want a plant to produce lots of buds- but then seize any chance to toss it in the hash trimmings bin. 'What?! It's got seeds in it ?! It's too fluffy? Oh joy! Into the bin it goes and it's an hour less work for me!'

Haha this made me laugh

Congrats OMU. A dollar in your pocket beats a $100 owed to you by a dead beat any day.

I hope she turns out better than you expect OMU :thumb: What do you look for in a strain to consider it good smoke?
.....I keep staring at that sentence too stoned apparently to decide whatever it makes grammatical sense or not -pretty sure it does but can't see straight lol. You get the idea ;)

OMU looks great! I just took down a NL auto and it has been kicking my ass ever since. Yours blows mine out or the water. I used to run bubble buckets but due to my extremely lazy nature it would always end in catastrophe.

You mentioned something about re-vegging an auto in the beginning of your journal. Was that to produce female pollen?

What Grimmreefer said. You never did answer my question OMU.
The DWC, NL5 xLR1, has been in that tub over a year. When I tried to reveg about 6 plants from my auto experiment she was the only survivor.
I'm starting out confused here, are you saying you re-vegged autos?

congrats on the harvest OMU. Looking forward to see what happens with the other one. :)
Your trim station looks neat and organized. Have you done this before? :) lol

If you could see the rest of my desk above the trim area or the drawer below you wouldn't be thinking neat and organized. :rofl:

Your harvest looks great -- it's really interesting to see how people set up their trim stations, too.

And that NL is simply gorgeous!

I open the desk drawer and drape a section of newspaper over the junk in it and I'm good to go. lol

Thanks, NL is a nice plant. That one got topped about 24" tall 6 weeks ago then a week later I topped all the side branches. She's only gained about 6" in height as most of the growth has been on the side branches side-branches. As soon as I can get off my ass I'm going to be taking 30 cuts off the lowest branches for a DWC SoG and removing a few lower branches.

I hope she turns out better than you expect OMU :thumb: What do you look for in a strain to consider it good smoke?
.....I keep staring at that sentence too stoned apparently to decide whatever it makes grammatical sense or not -pretty sure it does but can't see straight lol. You get the idea ;)

Good smoke to me is something that lifts my mood and takes the edge off my arthritic pain and this stuff just seems to give a buzz without that. So to me it's not very good pot. Lousy producer too.

OMU looks great! I just took down a NL auto and it has been kicking my ass ever since. Yours blows mine out or the water. I used to run bubble buckets but due to my extremely lazy nature it would always end in catastrophe.

You mentioned something about re-vegging an auto in the beginning of your journal. Was that to produce female pollen?

The NL I have in the DWC tub now is a NL#5 x LowRyder1 but didn't pick up the autoflowering gene. There was about 40 plants growing in that tub last year that were all regulars I crossed with the LR1. Hoping to get some that were autos but neglected to really follow through with the experiment. One of the Purple Jem auto males busted a nut in there and now I have lots of beans from it and a couple of other regulars so will be doing something soon to winnow out some autos from them for re-breeding and getting some unique auto strains.

I kept a few of the plants in that tub to reveg them but she was the only survivor. She's been in there for a full year now and is the star of the show after near dying as noted in the beginning of this journal.

The big bushy NL in the pot is a clone from the one in the tub. A strain that seems worth keeping.

L8r

Oh, I understand now. I thought you had figured out a way to re-veg autos. I was ready to start calling you the "420 Mad Scientist".

"The Mad Pollinator"?
"Born To Breed"?
"Mad Gardener"?

Now you have me thinking...uh oh!

Could you harvest most of an auto and keep the bottom going until it bolts? This would produce fem pollen, I don't know about passing off the hermie gene. I have had hermies from light leaks but never from letting a plant go too long.

I have no idea about whether autos work that way Grimm. I've only grown them enough to breed them and haven't even tried for getting one to a decent size yet.

A real hermie will show balls early into flowering that look like regular male flowers but 'nanners are different and tend to only happen in very late flowering. Look like the inside of a male flower without the scrotum around them.

L8r

I have no idea about whether autos work that way Grimm. I've only grown them enough to breed them and haven't even tried for getting one to a decent size yet.

A real hermie will show balls early into flowering that look like regular male flowers but 'nanners are different and tend to only happen in very late flowering. Look like the inside of a male flower without the scrotum around them.

L8r

Would both pollinate the rest of the plant the same? Got me curious from my last grow. I am pretty certain I had nanners and some some weird things like that in bud washing.. But the WHOLE plant was pollinated. so I was still wondering if one of my three males had popped in a spot that i didnt see before i culled them. Pretty sure I got them out early enough but inexperience..;/

Thank you OMU for all the help you give the community. Your knowledge is impressive

:peace:

FE

Sorry to hear bout squirrel. Had family in my attic, would wake me up fighting, she was running young off so she could have more. Put up with it for months finally had ENOUGH, oh did I mention this was happening over my bed, I got up and yelled at them to relocate or go in the soup pot......they moved and never came back dam it I had know it was that easy I'd have threatened them sooner lol:thumb: good luck

I've read others use marigolds, that's what spider mites attacked first in my outdoor garden still fighting little buggers. Basil has done better no mites on them at all.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom