OldMedUser's - 3 Strain - DWC - Soilless - ScroG - ExtravaGanja!

Jojo, I can say with great confidence that if you took the BubbleHash route, you will not be disappointed.

I used approximately 4 or 5 ounces of bud and trimming and I got about 28 grams of fantastic hash. I don't smoke it often because of its quality.

I was very skeptical at first about the BubbleHash but after buying some bags and making some product, I'm convinced! Not to mention the lack of toxic chemicals and other shit I'm avoiding.

All the best Jojo!!

@pigeons - Thanks for the advice! I've seen you all around these parts, but I don't think we've met! I have learned that you're full of great knowledge though.

I should have mentioned that I do actually make bubble hash from my trimmings, but I haven't attempted it with bud yet. I really do like the stuff and I'm not disappointed with my chinese knock-off bags! I just figured it would be tough to get the trics out of anywhere but the outer parts of the buds, but maybe they soften and open up when mixed into the ice water?

The other thing I'm not sure of is what types of concentrate store the longest. I'd like to keep it useable for a few years, if possible, though I know that's a stretch.

Ah shucks thanks Jojo! It's a pleasure finally meeting you!

I don't know if I'm really full of information though, I just repeat everything Old Med says hahah:rofl:

But back to the hash. When I mix everything up with the ice. I mix it with a drill mixer and I mix it for about 20 minutes. I really feel that during this time it is freezing off the THC everywhere on the plant and adding it to my hash.
Whether or not BubbleHash is the most effective. It's not! Butane and that other shit, chemically strips the trichomes off of the plant. But the problem is whether or not that liquid gas evaporates in it entirety. And I don't believe it does.

JoJo,I make oil with naphtha or butane then mix that with 2 - 3 times it's weight of dry sift kief.

Bags would be nice to have and is on my wish list among many other things. I got gifted a couple grams of killer bubble last week. I think it's bubble anyway. lol

Once you make bubble you can dry the pot well and add it to some EverClear to make a good tincture. Lots of medicine left in the pot and the leaf material that's a shame to waste. Need to decarb it first to get the full effect. It and hash/bubble can be stored in a freezer and should be good for many years.

L8r

Damned vermin! I got a squirrel that keeps getting in my attic. Can't find where he is getting in. Last thing I want is for him to chew my elec wire and burning my house down. I got some snake-shot for the .22 and ready for his azz. At least he is not getting under the house and eating my budz. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Loving the scrog!

I know where this one gets in and it's the only exit. Might just lock him in there and see how long he lasts with all that food he has stashed away. :;):

L8r

Must be that time of year. I've got one moved into the roof of my cabin now as well. Its driving me crazy. It's on to me now- knows what a 22 looks like I guess. One did this a couple years ago, and went and had a nest full of babies in there. They drove me crazy with their early morning scuttling and chattering. Then one morning for some reason all three babies got lost or something -infiltrated the human's part of the house and showed up in my bed when I was sleeping and one woke me up running across my face. I caught one of them. It was cute as hell and actually curled up and dozed off in my hand. I got rid of them by polluting their habitat with pepper spray till they moved on. I like most critters just not when they wake me up in the morning. Then I don't like them. I don't care what it is - could be anything nesting in my roof.- squirrels, Jehova's witnesses, teenagers who just won't leave home. It's all ok till they wake me up.

I like most critters just not when they wake me up in the morning. Then I don't like them. I don't care what it is - could be anything nesting in my roof.- squirrels, Jehova's witnesses, teenagers who just won't leave home. It's all ok till they wake me up.
:laughtwo:

""Caught the little bandit that keeps stealing my dog's kibble. I baited the trap with some and brought the bowl inside and half an hour later I had his sorry ass. I gave him a stern talking to then let him go back in the carport. He lives in the soffit that runs around the carport and has probably stashed enough food up there to feed my dog for a good month or more. All through the rafters are things from the compost heap and surrounding woods like big mushrooms, and dried out veggies of all kinds. Glad there isn't dozens of them or I'd need more ammo for the .22. lol His gf or brother or whatever got fried on the transformer on the power pole outside the carport and blew out our power a month ago. Served him right. ""

:thumb:OMU, you are seriously cracking me up!!!!:tokin::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:​-----------

Update time!

The DWC girl and the other green potted plant are still going good. Building bigger colas and looking frostier day by day. The other potted plant is ready to come down so I'll be starting to trim her tonight. I just sit here, pull out my desk drawer to put a sheet of newspaper down, go get a bowl of colas and trim until I can't stand the pain in my hands anymore or fill a drying box. Whichever comes first. Takes a couple of hours to get about 100g of trimmed up buds to fill a box. Stinks up the man-cave and half the house but I can watch TV sitting in my comfy chair while I do it. :)

Snuck in and got a flash pic or two before the lights came on today and here's the best one. Still have what looks like nute burn going on with further taco curling of the leaves so will be reducing the ppm of the tub today as well. It's not too bad with leaves going all brown and crispy but close to the edge I think.

ScroG-160915-01.JPG

The smell outside was getting pretty noticeable so I jerry-rigged my borrowed ozone generator by hanging it from the ceiling, hooking up a 25' roll of 6" flex hose to the intake of the inline fan and creating a big loop of it with the ozone feeding into the far end of it near the ceiling. Can't smell anything outside now so it must be working OK. The ozone machine is plugged into my fan controller so it only kicks in when the fan does. No ozone in the grow room that way to damage the plants or my burned out old lungs.

ScroG-160915-02.JPG

My NL girl in the pot is getting totally out of hand. Barely growing in height but filling in with so many small branches off the side branches that she's almost a solid mass of leaves. I am thinking of taking about 30 clones off her and doing a SoG in a 6 pot tub with 4 clones per pot for 24 big colas in one tub. Should be fun and with any luck be taking a pound off it to be ready just before Xmas. I seem to have wiped out all the resident bugs on her. Haven't found a thrip or mite on her since the last spray. :high-five:

NL5Girl-150915-01.JPG

Getting my veg tent together. Made it out of 2x2s with folding walls so it will fit down the stairs and can sit outside the grow room in the basement. No exhaust fan or much else other than a place to veg in so I can do mainly flowering in the grow room where all those things like environmental controls are set up. It's 52"x30"x68" tall and will just cut a piece of the panda cloth to hang up with velcro for a door and some loose wall board on top for a roof. Hoping to control the temp by closing or opening the top to allow or restrict passive heat exhaust. Gets pretty cold down there so the lights will be on 24/7 for more even heat. I made it 52" wide to fit my plywood panel of 6, T-12 lights that is 51" wide. A 48" wide tent like store bought just wouldn't do it.

Vegtent02.JPG

Vegtent01.JPG

That's it for now. :passitleft:

L8r

That NL looks scrumptious! They all do, but her in particular. I like her symmetry. Nice work on that tent youre making. I personally dont have a DIY bone in my body. lol

P.S. Id like to add my name to list to volunteer for the trimming team. :D

Nice handy work on the Veg Tent OMU.

That NL looks scrumptious! They all do, but her in particular. I like her symmetry. Nice work on that tent youre making. I personally dont have a DIY bone in my body. lol

P.S. Id like to add my name to list to volunteer for the trimming team. :D

Thanks Sorenna. Glad I don't grow lots of plants in general. Hard enough to trim the bit I do grow with the arthritis going in my hands. Would be great to have help. Once I get cuts off the NL I'll probably flower her out. I have enough organic nutes left from a GO Box kit i bought a couple years ago so might just use them up on her and see how the bud tastes compared to her mom that's almost done flowering now in the DWC tub.

Me too OMU. If you buy the air tickets I will trim your buds, lawn, trees and bushes brother. :)

Pray for my lotto tickets Bama and I'll throw a big party somewhere and send everyone tickets! :)

Nice handy work on the Veg Tent OMU.

Only taken me a couple of years to get it together B A R but hopefully have it working soon. Need to start a bunch of plants ASAP and need more space than the bedroom closet. Wife stole most of my good 2x2s and just got a couple more to finish her off with.

Very nice OMU, I like the veg build! The folding sides is a nice addition. Haven't seen you around the last few days, so this explains that you were busy building!

Needed the folding sides to get her down the narrow staircase to the basement JoJo. Will be handy to store it too so it's all good. Someday I'll get a nice tent but this will do for my needs.

L8r

Started trimming the yellow girl last night and was at it 'til 4am. Lot of popcorn buds and snipping out the dead leaf bits is a real PITA!

Judging from the scissor hash it's not gonna be great smoke but I'll cure it up good and give most of it to a buddy of mine that isn't very picky about what he tokes. Either that or turn it all into oil. Has some pretty colours forming on the leaves and I may be taking her down early but I can't see it getting any better than it is now and I need to get some of it out of the way as there will be lots more trimming to do soon as the other two are finishing soon,

Trim01.JPG

At least I can sit at my desk and watch TV while I trim. :)

Trim02.JPG

I found one 'nanner on her and a couple of half ripe seeds but haven't seen any signs of pollination on the other plants so taking her down now is probably a good idea.

L8r

Yes trimming... Funny how I think I want a plant to produce lots of buds- but then seize any chance to toss it in the hash trimmings bin. 'What?! It's got seeds in it ?! It's too fluffy? Oh joy! Into the bin it goes and it's an hour less work for me!'

Back
Top Bottom