OldMedUser's - 3 Strain - DWC - Soilless - ScroG - ExtravaGanja!

:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

I feel smarter every time I come to read your journal. :)

Great work you do. :blushsmile:

Thanks Serenna. I learned a lot of stuff here from smarter people than myself. :)

Oooh the DWC is looking sweet. For 37 days ?! Wtf...;)

Might be 38. Is July 30 or 31 days?

We're on the same page Sorenna!

It's not polite to read over peoples shoulders Pigeons. :;):

Very nice OldMedUser
Looking like huge dense and sticky quality medicine there :yummy:
Alot of those off leaves on the potted plants should drop by harvest making an easier trim of more good stuff:cheer:

Those leaves aren't the hard ones to trim for me CO. They started dying off much earlier than they should have and I haven't been able to make it stop.

No kidding there!

Kidding is allowed. ;)

Wow OMU, those look amazing!

Do you not monitor your pH?

Thanks JoJo. My mouth is watering already. :passitleft:
I haven't bothered with checking pH since I got the pH Perfect nutes.

Congrats on the colas OMU!

Thanks Bama. Yours will be there before you know it.

L8r

:adore::thumb::roorrip:

Hi OMU, finally learning to move more around the site. I see how everyone follows the blogs. Just click at the bottom, lol.

I like the plants you had going with the DWC concept. Look awesome.

Update time at 42 days /6weeks.

Started noticing a little burn happening to some of the leaves on the DWC girl so removed about 15L of nutes and topped up with RO water, tsp of Big Bud and 30 more mls of OverDrive. Dropped the ppm from 1100 down to 650. In a week I'll remove half and top up with just a full dose of OD added to the water. The colas on her are really fattening up nice now with at least 2 weeks to go.

The potted girls are still yellowing a lot with colas just half the size and you can barely see them behind the wall of NL girl's colas. lol

I took a little tester bud of her a couple days ago and let it dry out in my cupboard. 2 little hits and I'm buzzing nice with a good sleepy time kinda high. So I'm off to bed. :)

ScroG-070915-01.JPG

A closer look from another picture at the middle of the ScroG to show those colas a little closer.

ScroG-070915-02.JPG

L8r

I can barely sit down from kicking my own ass for the last day after finally cluing into why I'm getting all those yellow leaves. I spent some time checking out what's going on and finally figured out it's just the one potted plant that is doing all the yellow. The other one is just fine and all that flushing and covering the soil with DE was a waste of time. DOH!

All three plants involved in the ScroG were from regular plants crossed with LowRyder1 to try to make autoflowering crosses. They didn't autoflower so obviously didn't get the gene(s) required to be autos. The yellowing one is an unknown as it has never been flowered out before and I'm not sure what cross it is from a spill of sprouts I rescued. It seems to have got the genes required to make it have a real short flowering period tho. It's basically yellowing out because it's ready to be chopped! After checking out the trichs under the 30x scope they are 50/50 clear/cloudy so I'll be starting to crop her out in a day or so. From a little tester bud I tried I think she'll make a good batch of hash. :)

The other potted plant is still almost totally green and has much bigger colas compared to Old Yella, In the pic that shows the whole ScroG the buds from it are on the far right. All the nice buds to the right of the stem on the right are from the good potted plant.

Looking awesome OM. If I may ask- what are the sign of little burn that you're seeing? Got a pic?

In the first pic WC you can see the leaves that are starting to taco and have browning tips and margins. The 400W hps was only about 6" from the tops so I have it up to about 8" now as radiant heat may be part of it as well. It's only happening to the DWC girl.

ScroG-080915-01.JPG

The yellowing never stopped so she's coming down ASAP.
ScroG-080915-02.JPG

Once the other is down I can get the DWC girl more into the middle of the screen as she's not attached now.
ScroG-080915-03.JPG

Caught the little bandit that keeps stealing my dog's kibble. I baited the trap with some and brought the bowl inside and half an hour later I had his sorry ass. I gave him a stern talking to then let him go back in the carport. He lives in the soffit that runs around the carport and has probably stashed enough food up there to feed my dog for a good month or more. All through the rafters are things from the compost heap and surrounding woods like big mushrooms, and dried out veggies of all kinds. Glad there isn't dozens of them or I'd need more ammo for the .22. lol His gf or brother or whatever got fried on the transformer on the power pole outside the carport and blew out our power a month ago. Served him right. :)

Squirrel01.JPG

L8r

Looking very nice OMU! I bet you might get some good aromas if you smoke that critter! I can tell she's ready, lots of brown hairs... :)

Out of curiosity, what method do you use to make hash? I'm considering processing a lot of my bud for long term storage, but I can't see bubble hash getting many trics out of the buds, and the idea of using un-refined solvents (butane, naptha, etc.) doesn't excite me!

Back
Top Bottom