OldSchool's New Mega Auto Grow!

They are pretty big arnt they..should be big plants. LoL

20171220_201016-1-1.jpg

OS, Do you plant them like that or let them get longer before dirt? If so do you just shove them in and let them find which way is up? I like a long root. Great day 64.

I used to wait until the tap root was longer but I think it is unnecessary, once it can get to water without the hindrance of the shell its good to go. Check out the link in my description, planting the tap root anything but down is only wasting the seedlings energy stores.

whoops got rid of the link here it is Tap root Up or Down

Here they are this morning..
yes i let the roots get longer..i put them about 1/4 in under the soil..thats about it..of course tap root down..
but even the baby short taps will come up if ya plant them after soaking really..atleast thats what i do..
been workin..

20171221_070948.jpg

I used to wait until the tap root was longer but I think it is unnecessary, once it can get to water without the hindrance of the shell its good to go. Check out the link in my description, planting the tap root anything but down is only wasting the seedlings energy stores.

whoops got rid of the link here it is Tap root Up or Down
Thanks for the link. Ive figured to plant the tap root down but its just hard to do sometimes especially when the tap roots small.

I dident know ether to let it sit in the paper towel a lil longer to get the tap to grow before planting or shove the popped seed in the dirt?

I learned its the pointy side thats the root side. I never knew that.
Harvest for me starts next weekend!!
Happy Holidays 420!

Well I'm at day 72 and just checked the triches on my tw's and they are just starting to turn amber. Here's my dilemma for the day, my plants need watering today so should I stick with my nute schedule while watering or just ph the distilled and water and start getting ready to flush? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas to everyone, your help and advice has been the greatest gift I could have ever asked for.

:thanks::thumb::circle-of-love::cheer::high-five::bravo::420::peacetwo::thanks:

Yea i use the red cups for easy transplants..bottom cut out and cut up the side..i just set the cut cup in pot and just slide it out.

And hey oldandinthe way..yes flush them for sure.get all those nutes out of the soil..and dont throw soil out.you can reuse it many many times...now i also put mine in the dark for 5 days..yes it does make them stickier for sure.i just let the pot dry out then i harvest..

Hello 64. Whats the reason why you use two red cups? Cause the first one has the bottom cut out and makes easy transplanting?
I got 80% of my seeds to sprout and now I have to keep the Russets from them.
Happy Holidays.

Click reply to post
when box pops up click my photos at bottom left of box..when ur photos pop up touch the photos you want to post..they will be added to your posting box.. then back click to the thread ..the pics will be in the reply box..add your text..hit reply..

Sorry for being a pain but I just uploaded three photos and for the life of me can't figure out how to post them in this thread. Can anyone help me?

IMG_20171224_120225567_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171224_120205688.jpg
IMG_20171224_120330353_HDR.jpg

Here is one of my tw's, they are double potted in 5 gal pots, these will undoubtedly be the best plants that I have grown to date. I just given them 1/2 gal flush with ph'd distilled h2o. How much should I flush and for how long before I put them in the dark? (they are already sticky, just brush up against a bud and it's like honey) If I need to flush with more h2o then I'll have to come up with some way to catch the run off. I just have them setting in plastic trays and they seem to absorb any run off which doesn't seem to hurt a thing so far. What a great Christmas gift this site has been for me. Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas!

:thanks::thumb::high-five::420::Namaste::xmas:

I just read to dry the pot out before harvest and its written here too. I plan to this time. Stick some spikes threw the stalk and put it in a cold dark bedroom for 2 days. Ive never done none of that before. I read its the thing to do.
Oldin the way, if your showing Amber your windows been open so yes Id use strait water for 2-3 more waterings then..... Harvest!!
Nice plant, congratulations!
Merry Xmas 420

Back
Top Bottom