PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

The way I understand this is that the curing range is from 65 down to 59. Once the core RH goes below 59, curing stops. So the 62's purpose is to keep you in the curing range for a month or longer. Only then do you put the 58 in there, which stops the cure and puts it in a state good for long term storage, and rolling joints. :peace: :love:

I put my post on Sticks thread and thought I was on my thread ... Anyway this is half of what we got 17.3 oz. Wet trimmed I know it will not be near that once dried but we got more than I thought we would. That's our biggest bud too. Not sure what the dry weight will be but if my half is over an oz. I will consider myself lucky
20191018_114914.jpg
20191018_114844.jpg
not pc's first rodeo. first journal... u guys set the bar high. couldn't help myself: skipped to the good part.

btw- i was convinced to check wet vs dry. I'd read 20%, many places. i couldn't smoke evaporated weight so i never thought to bother. light trim on minimally leaf'd plant- 18% was the avg over 6. they were sister clones. just one test, though.

I'm pretty sure I'm tracking the recipe and the theory now ...

Basically ... for a reasonable starting point for "dry" cannabis ... we should be near the "cure zone" ... 65% to 70% ...

0_cannabis-harvest-drying-curing-cheat-sheet-cut.jpg

Effectively ... the more we dry and cure ... the less chlorophyll we'll have ... the less hay smell ... more flavour ... etc

Your 2 weeks ... is that based on a Traditional cure ... room temperature and about 50% RH?

I'm thinking the Lotus cure will take a lot longer than a Traditional ...

Ultimately though ... the longer it takes us to get to the "Cure Zone" ... the smoother our smoke will be ... and the better quality our cannabis will be as a starting point for decarboxylation and thus a higher quality base for making edibles ...

I will definitely be using the cannabis I have in the cure zone ... and not the cannabis I still have drying at 85% ...

I'll read @SweetSue 's thread now ... and see if I can pick up on other relevant details ...

Thanks again ... I think I'm tracking this now ...
Great chart Thanks for sharing

The way I understand this is that the curing range is from 65 down to 59. Once the core RH goes below 59, curing stops. So the 62's purpose is to keep you in the curing range for a month or longer. Only then do you put the 58 in there, which stops the cure and puts it in a state good for long term storage, and rolling joints. :peace: :love:

Thanks @Emilya and @Dankman_420 ... I keep learning and that's perfect!

Low and Slow to the cure zone ... hold at 62% for a few months cure ... then drop to 58% for long-term storage.

Sorry I haven't been active lately Been feeling bad and had stuff to get done, today I will be setting up my tent. I don't have everything I still need clip on fans, duct, Humidifier, Dehumidifier, But I have the lights and carbon filter and fan so I am going to set it up. I have some air pots in my cart along with some yoyos. The reason for the low and slow dry is that we trimmed the bud too close on most of it so I couldn't hang dry another Newb mistake I guess I am learning the hard way.

I wanted to get one of those but I don't get paid till the first so I had to do something for now I will pick one of them up when I get paid Thanks

When taking your plants apart at harvest time, make a conscious effort to leave some of the next branch attached to each branch yo take so they all have something to hang from, kinda like a hook on the branch.

When taking your plants apart at harvest time, make a conscious effort to leave some of the next branch attached to each branch yo take so they all have something to hang from, kinda like a hook on the branch.
Yeah that's the part we forgot to do, We got trim happy Lol. :snowboating:

I got to tired to finish we got the tent up and lights hung Wednesday we will put the carbon filter and fan in I did have the duct it was in another box
20191021_122447.jpg
20191021_122334.jpg

I am glad I didn't get a 4x8 I don't think it would have fit with the other stuff we have in the room and for now we don't have a place for the other stuff. I also have to hang the cords etc. to tidy it up a bit

I got to tired to finish we got the tent up and lights hung Wednesday we will put the carbon filter and fan in I did have the duct it was in another box
20191021_122447.jpg
20191021_122334.jpg
I think with the 4 lights and 4 plants it should be good. The specs say 2.5 x2.5 ft. for veg and 2x2 for flower so I hope these lights give enough coverage. We shall see, After I get the Carbonfilter/fan in I will pop 4 seeds use a desk lamp with a 60watt LED bulb until they reach veg. then put them in the1 gal pots and into the tent. By the time I am ready to transplant I should have the 7 gal. Air Pots. When do I start the Doc Buds kit ? As soon as I transplant ? Or as seedlings ?

Back
Top Bottom