PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

Evening PC and Gang.... :passitleft:

Well it took me all work week so far but I finally got caught up on this beast of a Journal. Hats off to ya guys I normally blaze through posts fast but this one was a doozy! A lot of great topics and amazing support happening here all whilst being positive. Very good gang very good:surf:

PC so happy your grow is on the go now and you have your 4 seedlings. So sorry I got caught up the last few weeks. I did not expect to come here to see over 60 pages to catch up on lol.

A few things. First I think your environment should be where you put a lot of your time and efforts into at this stage. Forget buying hundred of dollars worth of seeds. U have enough for a few seasons and members here share cuts. Beans. Etc. Seed banks are not going anywhere so if $$$ is limited like it is for many of us. Try ur best to not give in to the seed buying addiction. I know lol it’s like Crack at times. I wanna buy them everyday but I had to stop. Now I won’t buy any beans unless it’s a mad sale lol. Don’t do what I do if u see me posting seed purchases:rofl: and I didn’t see anything I’d u do buy em Ok loll

Adding to this I really think you should get the RH higher and temps higher.i believe your seedlings will be much happier at 80-85f. And RH 50-65%

Seedling Mat can break 80f. And use a plastic cup or something or ziploc bag as a humidity dome on top the baby seedlings to trap in moisture. Poke small holes for air exchange tho. Also the COB will work but I think a single 23 watt Curly CFL in 6500 will veg these seedlings better for the first 1/2 weeks.

here is a shot of how healthy seedlings are under the right conditions. Even at a mere 4-6 days above soil they look high Brix and fake.

09154333-A67E-4D12-9716-D70ADA2AC214.jpeg

Also I like the reflector u can get to go over a socket that is sold at Home Deee for $20 the socket and thereflector and cord + a hanging bar thing. The bulb was $15 for 4 of them. Also at HD. I agree it’s harder to find T8/12 Shop lights as all big name stores have already moved to LED replacements. Too bad u weren’t nearby I work in Telecom and see a lot of Main Electrical Rooms of Buisnesses. Most are loaded to the roof in older T8/12 FL lights and ballasts /fixtures.

The reflector helps create a dome over the 4 small pots. It reflects not just light but heat. Also CFL / FL u run very close to the plants leafs. I typically set them at like 2-4 inches. This provides a nice amount of heat. With a higher powered light ur burning more Elec. Plants do not accept the light photons as well until a couple weeks later. I truly believe CFL/FL are superior to seedling then LED fixtures that flower plants and offer high intensity.

No big deal though your babies will be fine just my thoughts on the seedling and light topic.

Also for germination I use this method.

8-12 hour seed soak.
12hr in Paper towels. I do use ziploc bag but I make sure it is full of air.
Place in dark and warm place. the PvR box in my tv stand works for me.

Over 30 seeds germinated and only 5 didn’t make it. Also those were from the same breeder and I know now from others those SLH have shitty germ rates. They were for outside plants so whatever didn’t care. Just sucks the whole pack of 5 fems didn’t happen. Was hoping for a extra outdoor harvest this season. Ah well alwaYs Next year :ganjamon:

Duggan is right kill the fans. U don’t need any. If ur home has a furnace and it’s on that is enough air cycling to move air. Anything more is irrelevant to the plants benefit at this stage.

I like those 10Gal pots u got there. Pot shape and depth and width etc matters a lot. They will shape a plant to a certain degree. A shorter pot with a wider base will make a shorter and bushier plant. Where a taller pot of the same volume will make a taller plant.

7s would be too small for 5x5 so glad Duggs got u sorted in 10s I’d go 15s next time unless it’s a strain that has big ass plants like a Haze or long flowering Sativa.

Your going to love the kit. Just work on environment. That’s the biggest gains we can make.

Cheers PC was nice reading through the journal at work. Not much got done lol

Have a great night Gang. Off to see what’s up with my girls and what’s up for dinner :hookah::slide:
Thanks for all the info Wrenn That's a lot thanks for all the thought you put into this replay. I will have to get a couple reflectors with light sockets I can get the type they use for baby chicks and use CFL bulbs for my next run and I have to figure out something to try to keep the RH in my tent up it stays 32 to 35% and 73f in my tent just not sure what to get for that yet. I only have one light on so when I crank on the other three lights it will get warmer but I think the RH will go down when I do turn them on so that part I need to work on. I also need to finish filling my 10gal. pots to the top. The furnace doesn't cause any air circulation inside the tent. We keep the house 70F so I don't think the temps will drop below that my wife is going through the change so she turns down the heat at night to 68f and still burns up Lol. I have stopped buying seeds you are right I have enough to last several seasons. I am sure I just got some bad seeds because all the Gold Leaf from 420 and they all germinated but the others didn't but Seedsman made it right, They replaced a 5 pack + 3 free with two 5 packs you cant beat that for customer service. Next time I germinate I will try soaking them in H20 and H2O2 over night then into the paper towels. Thanks again for all the thought you put into your replay it is Much appreciated. Its also good to have some more Brixers on here.

14.5 sounds like a lot but it’ll give me a benchmark of sorts. I’m only going to use 5gal pots and ffof soil. We’ll see how it goes. I want to do organic but mixing gallons of soil in my driveway isn’t conducive to stealth lol.
Great to see you Fudo Welcome. That will be a good bench mark I will have 4 plants not sure how heavy the yield on these strains is supposed to yield but it gives me something to shoot for :surf:

Great link shed Thanks. I was able to mix mine outside the people around here probably think we were a couple hill jacks mixing up dirt. I have done a lot on my yard the last few years so nothing out of the ordinary. Not sure if they wonder about what the big ass green house out back is for Lol and around August it gets to smelling Skunky so I hope they think a family of Skunks moved in Lol
:passitleft:

I just checked and my baby girl is now visible as soon as I open the tent so now I think I can breath easy for another week or so. Duggan I haven't messed with them at all just look at them and the three is getting bigger and looking good. Now to deal with the one being behind the others but I think it will catch up enough to be on the same lighting schedule but I hope it catches up enough to keep the canopy the same if not I am not sure what to use to prop it up to the same height.

don't no about the cbd but the gold leaf should yield well!
The Super Critical bud says 750 gr/m2 and the Gold Leaf says 16 to 23 oz per 3x3ft so they are close I think Thanks Sticky

Thanks FM!

I didn’t use Snake Oil and didn’t know about it. If I had that I may have not had the amazing colours from the early fade. Also I did Cat Drenches late at day 38-41 that also contributed to the early fade which I didn’t mind at all. Def the best looking cannabis plant I have grown.

There was 4 plants in 7 Gal pots. In a 3x3 tent. Under 350 wall watts of Perfect Sun LEDs. Also could have filled the damn pots up more lol. Yielded 14.5 Oz approx dry. Not including trim. I was very happy with that.
Your harvest sounds Great I can only hope to have close to that amount Great job. I didn't get any snake oil, I bought the kit with the small bottles and it didn't come with any. My next parches will be bigger bottles of Docs gear I hope I don't run out

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time,
The world would b at peace for at least 2 hours. Waxing poetic of corse.
Still worth a try. How bout 4/20/20, seems fitting.
I am for that all the way !!! I would join in for sure.....
:passitleft:

I missed out on posting pics of buds for ya so I hope it ain’t too late for some motivation :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here is my Raspberry Diesel by HSO. First grow with Doc’s Kit. This was the Cherry Afghani Pheno. The other 3 were Sour Diesel leaders.

A46DF51A-92CD-4569-AB45-E522E89D22B6.jpeg

CEFA3364-76F9-4A1C-91EB-8D0408DB65AB.jpeg

D6C34485-4BA0-4096-8939-6F29402CCC53.jpeg

CEDBF202-8F2D-4913-9D8F-E2D63107AF89.jpeg

15C9F1B1-F530-4164-B57A-E77B2F8EA130.jpeg

Smaller stout plant Indica don but amazing smoke. Very dense buds. She was a Beaut.

Now the Sour Diesel Leaners.

9DB4F2D2-8583-4213-84FE-09B76AD019F8.jpeg

90DC6EE6-0601-4DCC-B5DD-9F5CCFD39F02.jpeg

1A07F78E-574A-4576-9FF7-F539794BE8DE.jpeg

1F92A3D9-6024-4D8F-A725-9AB421176D0F.jpeg

625DD2A9-BB11-4FAE-88BD-A7873F710A4B.jpeg

Doc’s Kit is the bee’s knee’s. I’ll drop more pics later of these Raspberries and my 2nd Kit grow the Gorilla Glue By Elev8.

Cheers PC & Friends:passitleft:
Wow Beautiful plants I hope mine look like that at the end I am so looking forward to this grow I know I will learn so much and then I will have some of that High Brix weed I keep hearing about. I am dying to try some. A fellow grower turned me onto some organic grow weed and it was the Best I have ever tried I keep it stashed away and only toke it now and then to make it last a bit. It has me spoiled I only want to smoke it when I get it out so its hard to put it back to save it for later

Sorry I wasn't on when everyone posted we usually go lay down to watch some Netflix around 7 in the evening and by 9 my wife is sawing logs so I turn off the TV and fall asleep too so I get caught up the next morning. Last night I had the best most intense high I have ever had from weed. I ate some of my butter then smoked a bowel and took a cap of the canna oil and I had one hell of a ride for a few hours. The weed I smoked was some UD that was organically grown and that butter I ate was some strong stuff just a very small amount is all it takes.

I use plastic milk crates cut to size to raise height of smaller plants to match the canopy height lol
I’ll shot u a picture when I check on my girls. These 2 are the gorilla glue autos sitting on a crate and a half to keep the canopy close to the same level at all times if possible. Lol

Attachments

• B468CF7E-88EF-445D-A914-FF8A068EB335.jpeg
    B468CF7E-88EF-445D-A914-FF8A068EB335.jpeg
    840.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 4E288AFF-CA74-4EF6-A8D8-1263C46A07A7.jpeg
    4E288AFF-CA74-4EF6-A8D8-1263C46A07A7.jpeg
    625.3 KB · Views: 35
I use plastic milk crates cut to size to raise height of smaller plants to match the canopy height lol
I’ll shot u a picture when I check on my girls. These 2 are the gorilla glue autos sitting on a crate and a half to keep the canopy close to the same level at all times if possible. Lol
I need to find some milk crates it looks like those would work Great, Any advice on where to get milk crates ?

Back
Top Bottom